Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Questions for Devstream 47

Have a question for Trendy? Ask away in this thread, and we'll do our best to answer them on the Devstream on Friday, December 4th at 5PM EST. Please follow the format below. We will select 5-10 long-form questions and as many lightning round questions as we can to answer on the Devstream.

Format:

Two questions that you would like to get a longer answer on. As many questions as you would like to get a yes/no on. Please mark these as "Lightning" at the beginning of the question. (For example, "Lightning:  Is there a doctor in the house?")

Welcome back =D Not that it matters much but I think the next Dev Stream is 48. 13th was 46, 20th was 47.

Long: Are there any plans to return to a build timer similar to DD1 on insane+ difficulties?  If yes, please share!  If no, please share why not.

@PandynatorDD quote:

I lost my hard earned monthly pet.. Will I ever be able to get it back without rolling back weeks worth of progression?

dot dot dot

I'll answer this one here. We aren't able to recover missing data without rolling back the entirety of your progression. If you just lost it, you shouldn't lose more than a day or two of progression, but if you lost it weeks ago, that's where the Support Team will roll back your save file.

@iamisom quote:

@PandynatorDD quote:

I lost my hard earned monthly pet.. Will I ever be able to get it back without rolling back weeks worth of progression?

dot dot dot

I'll answer this one here. We aren't able to recover missing data without rolling back the entirety of your progression. If you just lost it, you shouldn't lose more than a day or two of progression, but if you lost it weeks ago, that's where the Support Team will roll back your save file.

How hard is it to confirm an account has completed a monthly? Check. You already got that in place. 

Next thing you would simply have to make  redeemable key in the in game mail.

If item is in inventory of account, it would be not allowed.

Make monthly pets not sell able, or require a pop up to confirm selling it. 

Loosing in to the scavenger... with no warning.... Does that make sense to you...

As I lost that pet over a week ago ++ (I Don't know when I lost it, and only realized it a few days ago....)

Rollback is not a viable option for me. 

1: Will modes like Hardcore and mix mode make a return?

2: With the introduction of the weather system can we see more in depth mechanics with the element system? Like right now with the snow theme monsters would be ice based so they would take more damage from defenses and weapons with the fire elements like the apprentices fire turrets or huntresses blaze balloon?

1. When can we expect some balance patch? In vision of making other builds as strong as frost/traps, buffing lightning strike and many more very weak builds and abillitys.

2. Can you tell some details what kind of changes will be incoming just as examples? Like the lightning strike aura couldt really need some attackspeed, 30% dmg reduction for melleeheros, monkspells vs grounded,...etc.

1) Can we have a weekly high score system? I.E best map finish time or longest onslaught or even weekly post of people with the highest wall hp or trap damage. I think this will promote people to specialize more get the best team possible and make the game more competitive. 

2) Can we buff flamethrower towers, I have almost the best possible flamethrower items with 8k dps  and it still does nothing in almost any map I play. Also Blaze Balloon, victory smell actually makes the balloon lose 1 burn rate instead of giving an extra burn rate zzz

When will Monk actually be par with the other classes and not just for Purge Evil or one Sky Guard Tower that could easily be replaced by a Flameburst Tower that has the same, if not more damage due to passives, costs 10 less and also hits ground enemies.

Currently the Monk doesn't get more or different projectiles and his melee attacks can not be used as freely as the Squire's due to also having no way to mitigate damage like the shield. You label him a support but the Huntress and the Apprentice both support and dps better than the Monk. 

1) How difficult will the harbinger be compared to betsy nm4, can we expect an increase in ipwr with this patch or just the additional builds / maps? 

2) What are your plans for raising ipwr in the future to keep hardcore grinders playing the game without feeling like they wasted their time?

Lightning: Do you know that pet ability re-rolls still aren't dropping from pet boxes?

Just want to say as a console gamer thanks for bringing Dungeon Defenders back to PlayStation. And I'm looking forward to what's to come. Also is there any ideas about PlayStation having a council implemented or something similar?  Curious because im a 40+hr weekly player and would like there to be if possible something exclusiveto PlayStation so as to not take away from the pc in anyway ? Thanks again for bringing the etherian heros back 

Lightning: Are you going to make monthly quests less reliant on RNG, particularly from wyvern tokens?

I was looking at the recent Loot and survive update on PS4... and I just wanted to verify something after seeing...

"Gave passives names for the first time. Look out for Apple, Blue and North. They're our favorites. (Don't tell Moses.)"

did you really name passives after famous peoples babies? lol

I'll take my answer off the air, thanks...

During the last dev stream you mentioned that the squire training dummy would become relevant in the harbinger fight. Does this mean you are reworking the tower to make it better or you just built a scenario around it to make it relevant? Also please tell me it's not just getting more HP and that it will at least serve drinks between rounds.

I've see people with the new monthly-pet. Last month a lot of people thought it was to difficult. Could you do 2 tiers of monthly quests? A easy quest and a hard one? You could hand out pet skill rerolls for the hard one since the items doesn't drop.