Sign in to follow this  
DaMattGuy

(Beta) Can't play with anyone.

I've never had any problems with DD1 before. Ever.

When I switched to the Beta branch, however, I find I'm never able to join anyone else's room. Nobody ever joins my games either, but that might just be due to the very odd names I give them.

What happens is, I click Custom Match, scroll to someone around my level, click join game, and right after the usual loading, I see blackness. Sometimes the cursor is also there, and sometimes I also hear sounds form the game I failed to join, but always there is just a black screen and hitting Escape does nothing at all. I have to Alt+Tab and force crash the game with the Task Manager after that, most likely to the annoyance of the room's host. heh

1 time, and so far only 1 time, the minimized Dungeon Defenders popup on the quick bar showed a part of the Options menu, but of course when I clicked to go back into the game, there was nothing but black still. Escape still did nothing.

I'm playing on an older laptop that still manages to run Windows 7 in 64 bit color, and like I said, I've never had major problems with Dungeon Defenders before. Even DD2 runs fairly well.

P.S. I don't see a bug report section here, so this is where I guess I'm supposed to put this?

Beta and live are incompatible and currently the server list shows both beta and live in the same list.  This will be fixed when the CDT Update 1 is pushed to live and CDT Update 2 is pushed to beta.

Better a late reply than none at all? My bad.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm guessing the live version's list won't be shown anymore with CDT Update 2 in beta?