Sign in to follow this  
ThoronBlitz

Loot Testing thoughts so far

personally i love this new loot system! it feels like i'm actually progressing, and not doing maps 5xs just to get 1 good gear for my build. finishing a map doesn't feel stressful or underwhelming anymore because i'm guaranteed at least 5 pieces of gear that are actually helpful. The amount of eggs, food, and other none gear items seems more reasonable as well. actually gives these items have a source of worth, and not just things to stack, or sell for easy money. this loot system doesn't make me want to rip my hair out in rage, for trying to find a single piece of gear! (i should spend hours trying to find a legendary, not a chest piece with building health/building attack) now i wish i had this gear on my main account, also on another note, really wish the frostbite freeze sphere was available too! that thing makes waves in single player so much manageable.

but, those are my 2 cents so far on the testing so far, feel free to add your own experiences with it so far. (if you want, i just did this thread to give some sort of feedback before the surveys.)

I agree with your thoughts.  Additionally, i have noticed 'hearty blockade' does not have hero health on it, which is what it scales on...

@bigwillmcd quote:

I agree with your thoughts.  Additionally, i have noticed 'hearty blockade' does not have hero health on it, which is what it scales on...

it does but only if u have also DH on it, and ofc on the shield with only HH.

@✪Terron quote:

@bigwillmcd quote:

it does but only if u have also DH on it, and ofc on the shield with only HH.

nvm just got shoes with HD and HH+HB

@ThoronBlitz quote:

personally i love this new loot system! it feels like i'm actually progressing, and not doing maps 5xs just to get 1 good gear for my build. finishing a map doesn't feel stressful or underwhelming anymore because i'm guaranteed at least 5 pieces of gear that are actually helpful. The amount of eggs, food, and other none gear items seems more reasonable as well. actually gives these items have a source of worth, and not just things to stack, or sell for easy money. this loot system doesn't make me want to rip my hair out in rage, for trying to find a single piece of gear! (i should spend hours trying to find a legendary, not a chest piece with building health/building attack) now i wish i had this gear on my main account, also on another note, really wish the frostbite freeze sphere was available too! that thing makes waves in single player so much manageable.

but, those are my 2 cents so far on the testing so far, feel free to add your own experiences with it so far. (if you want, i just did this thread to give some sort of feedback before the surveys.)

So far so good but I was wondering how high level player will feel about that ... I mean getting more useful quickly mean reaching the optimal gear a lot sooner. Meaning high level player won't have loot as an incentive anymore ...

It was never an issue for me since I never reach this point but if anyone have any thoughts on this ...

@Talis The Def quote:

@ThoronBlitz quote:

So far so good but I was wondering how high level player will feel about that ... I mean getting more useful quickly mean reaching the optimal gear a lot sooner. Meaning high level player won't have loot as an incentive anymore ...

It was never an issue for me since I never reach this point but if anyone have any thoughts on this ...

My thoughts exactly. Getting perfect gear very fast is game over for hardcore endgame players. I am still looking for hearty gear, but once i find these, the only reason to keep playing is to hang out with my DD friends.

And this Trendy ... is where the trading and auctioning comes in. Keeping the game alive for endgame players.

@Talis The Def quote:

@ThoronBlitz quote:

Its actually quite the opposite. Its harder to find perfect stat gear, since the amount of items is reduced dramatically. the "intelligent stat system" isnt really good and doesnt change anything about the fact that 90% of the gear you need is for tower stats and just 10% for dps, but 50% of the items are for dps.