Sign in to follow this  
✪Terron

Error 5008 on normal servers

Hello guys

My problem is that i cant login to the normal servers, but i can login to the test server, with my test account.

Maybe i cant login with my main account cause i accidentally logged in a test server(i forgot to change the option).

so is it possibly that my main account is signed up for the beta test, and that why i cant login to the normal ones?

i havent tested to login to the test servers cause im scared that i'll lose my gear.

and also does someone know what the Error 5008 exactly is?

Hi Terron,

This error means your game files are not the same as on the live server.

You would have to download the live files again in order to play.

@chesticles quote:

Hi Terron,

This error means your game files are not the same as on the live server.

You would have to download the live files again in order to play.

live files? after i changed back to the non-beta i had to update around 800mb and also verified my integrity of game cache(1 file was missing), still error 5008.

So you are trying to connect to the live server aka the non-loot test (beta) server correct?

Make sure you are logging in using the correct Steam account as well :)

@chesticles quote:

So you are trying to connect to the live server aka the non-loot test (beta) server correct?

i think so just changed to non-beta downloaded the datas verified integrity of game cache and started the game. ofc i was on my main acc. could you look up if im signed up for beta tests? maybe thats the reason i cant log in, and should i try to connect to the test server with my main?

@chesticles quote:

so i tried to connect with my main to the test servers, to look if im signed up for it. i could join the test server without any errors, does this mean that my account is gone? can i get it back?

@bigwillmcd quote:

Terron when you are on your non-test account, does it say 'press' next to DD2 in your library?  That was my problem.

Nope ichanged it back to the normal dd2 not beta. But i wrote dani an pm and he said that im signed up for the test server with my main thats why i cant join the normal ones.