Who do you sacrifice and bring to your Hero Deck?

I'm looking to gear up my Frosty Mage and leveling a DPS Mage to get some gear for him alot easier.

I want to see what class I should sacrifice to have a DPS character in my Deck. I usually have all 4 builders in my HD, because randoms usually leech and I like having that back up.

So which characters do you guys let go for a dps?

I know people say Monk, because AA can be dps. However Purge Evil is amazing imo.

most people sacrifice the monk and run 1 frosty 1 wall 1 dps hunt and one trap hunt. 

But I have also seen some people not run dps and just sit on their waller to taunt ogres back into the bulk of the traps. So they run 4 builders. 

For multiplayer i sacrifice my wall squire. Many player have a wall squire and walls are the part on a def which can be kinda "ignored" doesn't need to be good so all are fine.

For single player I kinda dont sacrifice anyone, there i use my cannon+wall+monk deck, which is perfect for single player. Works with multi too, but if you can't stand flame better dont take it with you =).

@chaosparadox quote:

most people sacrifice the monk and run 1 frosty 1 wall 1 dps hunt and one trap hunt. 

But I have also seen some people not run dps and just sit on their waller to taunt ogres back into the bulk of the traps. So they run 4 builders. 

Those 2 are pretty much your only options.

There are rare instances where you can do a nm4 map with squire towers like NM4 greystone plaza.

For that one you bring: Waller squire, DP squire, Monk, DPS hunt/app.

I really wish the hero deck would just go away. This game is very frustrating and unfriendly towards solo players/tower defense strategy players. 

As my builders are close to the cap of damage. I bring my trapper, monk and frosty mage. Decent walls are pretty common, so I bring a DPS instead of a waller. Got 306k walls myself, but most maps do not remotely need that high walls if you got the power.

Offense is the best defense. 

For single player games I bring all builders. For co-op games I bring my builder monk, traptress, DPS app and DPS huntress (depending on which lane I'll be defending). If I need to bring another builder while in build phase with a group, I'll leave to the social tavern, swap my deck around, then rejoin. Haven't had issues with that method yet.

I like all of these. I usually play wall squire, elemental chaos/explosive trap built huntress, a frosty apprentice, and i am thinking of dropping the monk for another dps huntress.

For solo play, I run wall squire, ballista squire, frosty mage, and a defense monk. I hang around on the wall squire in serenity fields to help out during the waves. I use purge evil and LSAs to cover the magic lanes, ballistas on physical. 

Thats just how I dig it.

I use my Frosty Apprentice as DPS Hero, obviously it's not that good as a DPS Huntress or any other hero focused on dps but I have only 4 hero slots (that I am not planning to upgrade to more any time soon) and I work with what I have, plus apprentice is my favorite class. I do around 20-25k with chilling touch (from nm2) and 25-35k with a dps fire staff (from nm3).

Huntress is trapper, Squire for wall, Monk for AA and Heal Aura with purge staff (good for clean up and combo with tank squire).

atm I'm joining with a wall buff monk & a (different) serenity monk - with the other slots having dps heroes.

On the assumption that someone else will bring the obvious toons.

Bit hit and miss with public games being the way they are though. 

@Fozzie quote:

I sacrifice fun and enjoyment, and bring the meta due to the hero deck

Yes, do not start me going on about the HD again.

They want you to co-op with randoms and give a chance so that everyone can build, but that's not going to help you progress. So you need a to make a choice.

You either build the whole thing get called a leecher because of no DPS or you take a DPS and you lose out on a character that could of helped you clear the map.

Hero Deck only works with friends who can co-ordinate. It doesn't help solo, yes it can be done. However I hope you enjoy gearing up a Huntress only. It certainly doesn't work with randoms.

So in short *** the Hero Deck.

Anyway i think I may drop the Squire with randoms. Walls should be your last defense not your first like someone mentioned before.

I played the heck out of nm4 incursion maps and beaten all excluding the Forest one with unbalanced 60+ 200k health birds. I have to say Monk is probably the least valuable Hero right now, so kill him. His buffs only adds an extra whip cream to the cherry pie. Good to have, but not neccessary. Traps, barricade, and frost is signicantly much more potent for NM4.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Anyway i think I may drop the Squire with randoms. Walls should be your last defense not your first like someone mentioned before.

:_D someone... I am the only one in this forum who usualy says that... *crys abit*