Siphon Site D has HORRIBLE map design.

@NewFolder quote:

Does the gameplay match up with the plan?

Hehe,  do you think there is a plan? Thats the Main problem With dd2.

Now now. No need to get insulting. They're making a game. DD2 has some great stuff going on for it. as for the less great stuff, thats why its in alpha and thats why we're here. To make everything awesome.

It is indeed a alpha game. So calm your horses (always wanted to say that XD). I use onslought to lvlup my pets. My max lvl was 40 or so.. But if you keep repairing there is nog issue. If you know that, when the subcore is destroyed you cant win anymore, you need to defend the subcore better. ;) :D

@Hydrazine quote:

@NewFolder quote:

Does the gameplay match up with the plan?

Hehe,  do you think there is a plan? Thats the Main problem With dd2.

Now now. No need to get insulting. They're making a game. DD2 has some great stuff going on for it. as for the less great stuff, thats why its in alpha and thats why we're here. To make everything awesome.

Yes indeed. Just saying there is no plan. So there will be some consequense from that clearly. This thread is one example. Passives vs ubers is another.

the thing is there is no consistency throughout the game design. it's a big puzzle, and it seems they dont know what they want EXACTLY. maps, level design, progression, items, xp ladder, matchmaking, mobs, builds... they don't make sense together.

@Nefhith quote:

If it took you 5 hours t get to round 35, you might want to get better gear to shorten that time.

Sure, maybe when they introduce NM5 gear I can get it down to 4 hours. *rolls eyes*

@lupus quote:

the thing is there is no consistency throughout the game design. it's a big puzzle, and it seems they dont know what they want EXACTLY. maps, level design, progression, items, xp ladder, matchmaking, mobs, builds... they don't make sense together.

Agreed. I keep my fingers crossed as It is never too late for a decent game plan. Å good start could be: should creeps hit the core from spawn?

Honestly I think onslaught is just a waste of time right now. I don't think any of the reward options are appropriate for the time and effort spent. The gold reward for example, doesn't increase with the wave count, and is actually less gold than just getting the pet eggs and selling those. If the goal is to level pets, is doing some easily farmable level you can basically afk through not more productive?

Note: If I'm wrong and just haven't gotten to a high enough wave count to see increasing reward value, my apologies.

@Woqini quote:

Onslaught is extremely boring, and i haven't seen one single golden egg in any of my runs.

Lucky me I guess :P Ive gotten one every time a possibility has came up for one to drop.