[SOLVED] No Update Pushed For Test Account

After receiving the email about my test account being activated for the testing server I closed steam and logged in on my test account. No update was queued for DD2 and when trying to run it normally I could not enter a server and was prompted with an error message. Is there a way to manually check/push an update? Multiple restarts and re-logging had no results.

pMk2Dwc.jpg

Update: After verifying game cache I had an 224byte update pushed (most likely a corrupted file from the main client, nothing to do with the test server). After completion of the update I ran the game and encountered the same error in the main post. From then restarting steam and re-logging fail to produce any results.

Ah, I think I know what the problem is. Give me a few moments. May have an extra small step to go through.

EDIT:

We've added a few extra final steps, but it resolve any issues people are having and prevent any future issues. I have sent out an email with the extra steps and all new emails going out will include them.

Final Final Steps (Promise!)

1) On your test account on Steam go to Your Library and locate Dungeon Defenders II

2) Right click on Dungeon Defenders II and click on Properties

3) A new window should pop up. Click on the Betas tab

4) In the text entry box type DD2PressAccess and then click on CHECK CODE

5) in the drop down box, click the drop down and select press-PRESS BRANCH, then close the window by clicking OK

Your copy of DD2 on your test account should now be forced to update (restart steam if it doesn't). When the update finishes, you see Dungeon Defenders II [press] in your game library. If you check the Betas tab again, the press branch should be the default selected option.

@Nopain quote:

mmmm one thing wrong don't think that my account never had all them heroes and character slots 

We have set up each account with a profile that has 4 heroes at lv30 and 4 at lv50 with semi-decent gear, so players can start playing End Game and Nightmare immediately - and enough character slots to create new heroes for Campaign.

@Pegazul quote:

I'm ready to go but i haven't gotten the email yet ?

Emails are going out in waves. If not tonight, then you should have one by tomorrow.

@Dani quote:

Ah, I think I know what the problem is. Give me a few moments. May have an extra small step to go through.

EDIT:

We've added a few extra final steps, but it resolve any issues people are having and prevent any future issues. I have sent out an email with the extra steps and all new emails going out will include them.

Final Final Steps (Promise!)

1) On your test account on Steam go to Your Library and locate Dungeon Defenders II

2) Right click on Dungeon Defenders II and click on Properties

3) A new window should pop up. Click on the Betas tab

4) In the text entry box type DD2PressAccess and then click on CHECK CODE

5) in the drop down box, click the drop down and select press-PRESS BRANCH, then close the window by clicking OK

Your copy of DD2 on your test account should now be forced to update (restart steam if it doesn't). When the update finishes, you see Dungeon Defenders II [press] in your game library. If you check the Betas tab again, the press branch should be the default selected option.

Update has been pushed, thank you for the support. Looking forward to digging into the Loot Test client!

You need to wait for the confirmation email.

All of tonight's waves have gone out. More waves will go out tomorrow.

@Dani quote:

@Nopain quote:

mmmm one thing wrong don't think that my account never had all them heroes and character slots 

We have set up each account with a profile that has 4 heroes at lv30 and 4 at lv50 with semi-decent gear, so players can start playing End Game and Nightmare immediately - and enough character slots to create new heroes for Campaign.

Will these characters only be available after we finish the campaign or should we have them by default? Still in the early stages of the campaign and I only have my level 1 huntress that I started this morning.

So.. Unlocked free play, received the confirmation e-mail, updated with press, restarted steam, logged in, but there is just my recently created heroes. Then i'd like to know, will it be replaced on that "next wave"? Just waiting so i can start the rush (:

can i play normal client? after update into [press], when i want to switch back to original, it also update around 600 mb. is this normal?if i want to play between main account and test account, i always wait to update it first?

@Shiruettomiraju quote:

@Dani quote:

@Nopain quote:

Will these characters only be available after we finish the campaign or should we have them by default? Still in the early stages of the campaign and I only have my level 1 huntress that I started this morning.

Please send me a PM with your 64bit ID for your testing account and ill make sure you have the proper profile with the heroes. You should have had it, so my apologies.

@blinktopz quote:

So.. Unlocked free play, received the confirmation e-mail, updated with press, restarted steam, logged in, but there is just my recently created heroes. Then i'd like to know, will it be replaced on that "next wave"? Just waiting so i can start the rush (:

Please send me a PM with your 64bit ID for your testing account and ill make sure you have the proper profile with the heroes. You should have had it, so my apologies here too.

@holymanz quote:

can i play normal client? after update into [press], when i want to switch back to original, it also update around 600 mb. is this normal?if i want to play between main account and test account, i always wait to update it first?

You can switch between between you Steam accounts, between your regular and Testing. The way Steam works it may ask you to update because your testing is on the Press Branch and your normal account is on Live. It's totally normal.

@farstad86 quote:

waited for ever 12 hours now with no conf of entry or denial still waiting for the "wave"

We have a high volume of applications to process. You will processed today if you signed up yesterday for sure.