Loot Testing Sign Up - CLOSED

Update

Thank you to everyone that signed up, and apologies to those that didn't get a chance this time. The Loot Test is still ongoing but we are no

----------------------

We would like you to help us test some important upcoming changes we are making to the Loot in Dungeon Defenders II.
 The Loot Test is your chance to test out the changes and give us your feedback - tell us what you think.

After you begin playing, we will be sending out a few surveys directly to your email addresses, asking you about your thoughts on the loot across the game.

Loot Test Sign Up Form - LINK REMOVED

You will need to create a new Steam account and provide us with some details. We will then get your account ready and email you to let you know you can begin testing.

i wouldn't see why an older account would be an issue as long as you never played the game on it.

Old accounts without Dungeon Defenders II on it are fine. Just want to make sure people do not use their main playing accounts.

@Dani quote:

Old accounts without Dungeon Defenders II on it are fine. Just want to make sure people do not use their main playing accounts.

What do u guys mean with:"same info as main account"? which infos?

@✪Terron quote:

@Dani quote:

What do u guys mean with:"same info as main account"?

My guess is they plan on linking the steam account to their test version. So just grab the address of your steam profile that doesn't have DD2 on it and place it in the input location of http://steamid.io/ and copy and paste the number series from "steamID64"

...that's why one line is asking for profile link while other is asking for 64 bit steam id.

Just cleared up the descriptions. We were originally looking for extra information, but we decided we longer needed it, and some left over text sneaked it's way onto the form. It's been cleared up now.

The two key pieces of information needed are

1)  a link to the profile

2) the 64bit ID, which is the long number that begins with 7

What level do these accounts start at? I have little interest in leveling up 4 characters to 50 to test how end game loot is working out. 

As it's months since I have played sub level 50 content, any feedback on that bit would be based on "memory of the past", which would not be useful. 

@PandynatorDD quote:

What level do these accounts start at? I have little interest in leveling up 4 characters to 50 to test how end game loot is working out. 

As it's months since I have played sub level 50 content, any feedback on that bit would be based on "memory of the past", which would not be useful. 

"Your existing heroes and progress will be copied to your new account, but any progress made on the Test Realm will not transfer back to your main account."

I've signed up but quite a few things are unclear, one is how do you know the main account information when the form doesn't include anything? (maybe this will be further addressed in the email?) and are you supposed to activate defenders 2 on it or not? on the form it says you do on here you say you shouldn't. I'm assuming you want it activated but completely separate from any main accounts in case of wipes etc...

Also not sure why the profile link and id are needed when they are both linked to the same account and lead to the same profile information.

Anyway hope to test soon!

@✪Terron quote:

@PandynatorDD quote:

"Your existing heroes and progress will be copied to your new account, but any progress made on the Test Realm will not transfer back to your main account."

I've fixed the form. We will be giving everyone a save file for use on the Test Realm. Your current main account save data will not be transferred over for this test.

@๖Ryo StarK quote:

It will be a problem if I signed up with a secondary account that already had DD2 activated ?

It is very strongly recommended that you use a new account or an account without DD2 already on it. If you use an existing account with DD2 already on it for the Loot Test, you risk losing any and all save data associated with that account. We may not be able to recover it.

@stormreaper quote:

I've signed up but quite a few things are unclear, one is how do you know the main account information when the form doesn't include anything? (maybe this will be further addressed in the email?) and are you supposed to activate defenders 2 on it or not? on the form it says you do on here you say you shouldn't. I'm assuming you want it activated but completely separate from any main accounts in case of wipes etc...

Also not sure why the profile link and id are needed when they are both linked to the same account and lead to the same profile information.

Anyway hope to test soon!

1) We were originally looking to get that information from the form, but have decided it not needed, so the questions asking for it have been removed.

2) We would like you to download and activate Dungeon Defenders II on your new testing account. It is a required step.

3) We collect the two pieces of information, the link and the 64bit ID, as a two step safety net. If for some reason one of them doesn't work (which can happen for a number of possible reasons), then we have the other one as a back up to use.

It is very strongly recommended that you use a new account or an account without DD2 already on it. If you use an existing account with DD2 already on it for the Loot Test, you risk losing any and all save data associated with that account. We may not be able to recover it.

Don't care about DD2 data on that account thanks for the answer though, I made the update.

it also means following your guide to get to this test means you are pulling info directly from our old accounts as we dont input that into the form so the risk of loosing account info is regardless so we risk loosing our own progress signing up?.

@farstad86 quote:

it also means following your guide to get to this test means you are pulling info directly from our old accounts as we dont input that into the form so the risk of loosing account info is regardless so we risk loosing our own progress signing up?.

I do not understand what you are talking about here. No information is pulled from any accounts. When you create a new account and submit the information on the form, we take information and put a special testing profile on it, so that players can jump into Campaign (with new characters), End Game (with lv30 characters) and Nightmare (with lv50 characters).

We in no way use your main, non-testing accounts from on our main servers.

When you swap accounts using Steam, Steam reads the games library and displays all the games it finds (Steam saves games from multiple profiles in the same directory). So while you may see Dungeon Defenders II in your new account's library, you still need to go to the Store and "buy" the game to tie it to your new account officially, and follow the other steps.

You have zero chance of losing your main Dungeon Defenders II saves. That's the entire point of using a new account for testing - to prevent such things from happening. :)

what I noticed was that when I switched from my new steam account to my old steam account it had to re-patch to the current live version. However in order to do this I also was required to opt out of beta programs before playing my main account again.

@keona quote:

what I noticed was that when I switched from my new steam account to my old steam account it had to re-patch to the current live version. However in order to do this I also was required to opt out of beta programs before playing my main account again.

That sounds normal.

If you want to prevent this, you can install a second version of steam in another folder and use it exclusively for your test account. That way it will keep the test version downloaded to that folder and the live version downloaded to your original steam folder.

@keona quote: