This Isn't RNG, This is Crap.

So I posted about this problem once before but i'm not sure if anyone understood what I was saying so i'm going to post it again but try to explain it better.

Ok so I saw the Table Flipper pet and thought it was cool and wanted to get a legendary version of it. But, instead of getting a legendary Table Flipper I got not 1, not 2, not 3 but 4 powerful (green) Table Flippers. This has to be a glitch..... there is no way that I randomly rolled this 4 times and all 4 times got a powerful (green) Table Flipper. And if it isn't a glitch then this should be mentioned to you BEFORE your buy a second of that same pet with your actual money. At the time of my previous forum post I had only bought 3 of these pets but someone told me it wasn't a glitch so I decided to try again, and what happened when I bought another? I got another damn powerful. I've spent 1000 gems on these and its really frustrating knowing that i'm stuck with 4 premium pet skins that I cant do anything with and will never use.

I'm not sure exactly what i'm asking for by posting this but I know i'm angry, I know I want a legendary Table Flipper and I know I needed to rant somewhere about it.

My older forum post: https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/128741/premium-pet-glitch

Screenshot showing this BS: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198120390293/screenshot/647751724438073036

Meh...  You don't need Legendary.  Empowered stats are really all that matter and ability.  DPS is baby DPS anyway. 

Your right I don't NEED legendary, I also don't need 90% of the things I have in the game or 90% of the things other people have in the game (char slots, bags ext..) but that doesn't change the fact that I rolled 4 times and all 4 times got ***, there's no way that's not a glitch and i'm pissed...I spent money on those and that's not cool.

Listen this is what im trying to say, I paid for 4 (not 1,2 or 3... 4) premium pets and ALL of them are green... EVERY SINGLE ONE, there is absolutely 0 chance that I rolled 4 eggs, all with different roll chances and ALL were green.

You only rolled 4 eggs.  There is plenty of chance for them all to be green.   It's the lowest rarity and heavily weighted.  Each roll is independent.  

You just got really bad luck there.  

The gambler's fallacy, also known as the Monte Carlo fallacy or the fallacy of the maturity of chances, is the mistaken belief that, if something happens more frequently than normal during some period, it will happen less frequently in the future, or that, if something happens less frequently than normal during some period, it will happen more frequently in the future (presumably as a means of balancing nature).

You hit me with some knowledge ;) but still doesn't change the fact that I paid real money for these things, I should at least be guaranteed that at this point I get a legendary or at least mythic.... *** id even take a epic. And "only 4 eggs" is also $10 US.

I woudn't worry about the rarity.  It doesn't really matter really.  It only affects the DPS and the DPS is so small it doesn't matter for crap anyway.  

Tomorrow i'm going to roll 1-2 more and I swear to *** if I don't get something other than a powerful i'm going to sucker punch my t.v (t.v not monitor)

I feel like with how easy it is to get legendary pets, it really wouldn't be pay to win to just guarantee a legendary pet from premium conversions, the current system is pretty bad, i'd never try to get a premium pet if there was even a 10% it was purple instead of legendary.

Expecting a lot of hate for this comment >.<

@TangyWasabi quote:

Tomorrow i'm going to roll 1-2 more and I swear to *** if I don't get something other than a powerful i'm going to sucker punch my t.v (t.v not monitor)

Flipping a table would be more appropriate ;P

@Squishydew quote:

I feel like with how easy it is to get legendary pets, it really wouldn't be pay to win to just guarantee a legendary pet from premium conversions, the current system is pretty bad, i'd never try to get a premium pet if there was even a 10% it was purple instead of legendary.

You are right that the current premium pet system sucks. However, it paying to guarantee a legendary pet is pay to win because legendary pets have higher DPS (even though it is still pretty bad). 

@alexstonge25 quote:

@Squishydew quote:

You are right that the current premium pet system sucks. However, it paying to guarantee a legendary pet is pay to win because legendary pets have higher DPS (even though it is still pretty bad). 

Yeah.. but I mean.. I did one onslaught run to wave 15 on normal, and got 4 legendaries, they're really really easy to obtain.

I get that sure, its very slightly pay to win, but the current system is just incredibly aggravating.

Completely fair that people would disagree, but I'd be more then willing to live with this one if it changed.

@Squishydew quote:

Yeah.. but I mean.. I did one onslaught run to wave 15 on normal, and got 4 legendaries, they're really really easy to obtain.

I get that sure, its very slightly pay to win, but the current system is just incredibly aggravating.

Completely fair that people would disagree, but I'd be more then willing to live with this one if it changed.

I wouldn't mind either, but some people will. Beside, Trendy wants to create of "we are not a pay to win company". And you know how players are capricious... a small thing they don't like and they will spread the word to everyone. 

Although legendary don't have much more DPS (*** DPS x 2 is still *** DPS).

i'm wondering why they just don't sell PET SKINS just like selling costumes

it doesn't make SENSE but it would fix this rather ugly problem they have

Haha, wouldn't getting a legendary roll on just 4 eggs be insane... if everyone had legendary pets they wouldn't be very legendary would they? On that note, you're kinda inciting pay to win you want a legendary pet because you paid money... If anyone else is confused about their rolls being super unfair please refer to: 

@JCourtney quote:

You only rolled 4 eggs.  There is plenty of chance for them all to be green.   It's the lowest rarity and heavily weighted.  Each roll is independent.  

You just got really bad luck there.  

The gambler's fallacy, also known as the Monte Carlo fallacy or the fallacy of the maturity of chances, is the mistaken belief that, if something happens more frequently than normal during some period, it will happen less frequently in the future, or that, if something happens less frequently than normal during some period, it will happen more frequently in the future (presumably as a means of balancing nature).

I also Agree with:

@ram1024 quote:

Yep because once you roll a legendary pet, boom throw that pretty cosmetic on him that would solve alot of frustrating rolling a legendary with the cash eggs. Only problem is the way the pet's are presently they're not "skins" they're separate entities with powers and attack animations etc.

I just want to add that I bought way more than 2 more :P I now have 9 Table Flippers and on my ninth roll I got a mythic, which is still in fact not a legendary but I think i'm going to have to just deal with it at this point (9 x 250 = 2,250 which is basically $20 US) 

I got pretty upset when i evolved my tableflipper and all i got was a lifesteal bolt ability.

I mean its written that its special ability is flipping a friggin table.

I guess mine is not special enough

@JCourtney quote:

Meh...  You don't need Legendary.  Empowered stats are really all that matter and ability.  DPS is baby DPS anyway. 

For now, in the last dev stream they said pets are on the radar and will be getting attention after a few other issues are dealt with.

@ram1024 quote:

Because this is not the complete vision they have for pets and they're going to change in the coming months. If they were satisfied with how pets were right now, I'd agree with you, but they'll be changing.

Agreed, if they would sell pet skins like they sell hero skins as a straight forward transaction, then it would solve the problem.

So, similar but slightly different is getting golden eggs. It feels incredibly disappointing to play 2 hours of onslaught, make it all the way past wave 15, get a golden egg, hatch it, and... powerful. I have spent, at times, entire afternoons farming wave after wave of onslaught and I have yet to get anything above epic, and I only have 1 of those at that. I feel like if you put in that much effort for a golden egg it should at least have a somewhat higher chance of getting higher. I don't know, maybe I'm just really unlucky and it does. Maybe it just makes the getting of a golden legendary that much more momentous. 

In any case, I will get one one day, for now I'll just keep farming :)

i spent quite a while trying to get the egg type for the pet i wanted, and then i had to hope it would hatch as legendary  as well. about 2 dozen attempts later i gave up.

I proceeded to pick up the spooky pack and hatch the headless horseman as a legendary. which is annoying as personally i think its not a very good looking pet and it rolled pretty poorly for a legendary.

RNG is RNG. i would happily put out money for skins that change a pets looks and abilities towards something we are looking for without actually touching the stats. until then i wont bother with actually buying an egg in hopes for a particular pet.