So am I supposed to be able to play solo from easy to nm4? Cause I don't understand the logic on ipwr numbers and rewards.

It's a coop game. 

But if you work hard enough, yes you can. 

iPWR is NOT = Difficulty of a map

It's mere a indication of difficulty, by a small QA team/devs.

You can pass content above you'r iPWR if you play it right. Not meant to be easy, but you can. 

Anyway, working with others and figuring out strategies  I find personally more fun. 

Playing DD2 pure solo, I don't think I would enjoy it. Since it's designed to be a coop game. 

Yes you are able to play solo from easy to nm4.

The Ipwr on reward is what you can get like 650-700 means you could get gear in that range.

The mostly bigger number is just an old value you could say *cough*.

You can do up to NM3 solo effectively. This I can confirm given I have done that. You just need to mix in a group of strategies together to allow your walls and towers to hold back attackers while you assist them. The only things you need to worry about are air units, Ogres and your wall health. Once the Blockades go down, the consequences are disastrous.

NM4 you either need assistance from other people or you have to really know what you are doing. However, I only plan on playing NM4 with a closed group of friends. I hate to say this, but given the stories I have seen from people here and on my friends list, pubs aren't exactly the greatest thing out there.

I leave the following advice: If you are on NM, stick to an NM you can handle and help there. Just because you are end game doesn't mean you can jump straight to NM4 with other people and help. All you are doing is making it harder on other players to get progress done.

I'm not doing so well in soloist builds in NM4 (can only do some things in NM3), but I've found that a factor that's been slowing my progress in soloing (in general at the NM difficulties) is the fact that I don't have enough hands to repair everything when things start going wrong.

However, I kind-of got a similar feeling for the most part that the game does discourage soloing as it gets harder, but I've seen enough to suggest that it's still possible - you just need defenses that don't need as much of your attention.

@dreamanime quote:

Yes you are able to play solo from easy to nm4.

The Ipwr on reward is what you can get like 650-700 means you could get gear in that range.

The mostly bigger number is just an old value you could say *cough*.

That's where I've gotten hung up on my solo'ing. It would be nice if I could get some team nm4 to break the barrier. The jump from 3 to 4 is really big though, at least it seems that way.

I've managed to solo to NM4.

U just have to choose the right maps. I can't recall, but I think I did end game instead of incursions first. Cos you only have to deal with single high threat lanes. So gates incur might not be the 1st map you should go for.

Also, the greens and blues on NM4 > legends on NM3.

So u don't have to win the entire map to get improvements, just get to round 2 at least and use the greens/blues till u are strong enough or get even better gear.

@Null & Void quote:

That's where I've gotten hung up on my solo'ing. It would be nice if I could get some team nm4 to break the barrier. The jump from 3 to 4 is really big though, at least it seems that way.

It's kinda what Qaz says.

@Qaz quote:

I've managed to solo to NM4.

U just have to choose the right maps. I can't recall, but I think I did end game instead of incursions first. Cos you only have to deal with single high threat lanes. So gates incur might not be the 1st map you should go for.

Also, the greens and blues on NM4 > legends on NM3.

So u don't have to win the entire map to get improvements, just get to round 2 at least and use the greens/blues till u are strong enough or get even better gear.

Just survive on end game maps, gear up there on the more easier maps and slowly build your way to the 1000 ipow maps, after you can manage the first few waves there. You already getting the best gear (or at last have a chance for it), when you are strong enough you probably can complet them too and jump into inc gates. Which doesn't give better loot tho. 700 ipow is max after all.

Yeah, once you are able to handle the waves where items begin to drop, you are making progress. But the thing is, we all have different views on it. My idea of progress is finishing a map and opening the chest. If I can do that, then I can handle this tier, I don't like having to repeat maps to lose, especially if you lose on Wave 6 or 7 to 1 enemy.

I've kind of given up on the game. I've solo'd all of NM3 and made it to NM4. That however is where the game is near impossible to solo. Sure if you can make it past wave 2, you could slowly build up. But with the way the current loot system works, that's just far too much time to make it worth it. So you take hours upon hours to build up one character on the 610-650 Ipwr maps, and when you finally deck out all of your needed characters, their gear will be immediately replaced with the 650-700 ipwr maps. What's the point.

And like ChrisH36 said, I don't like repeating maps to lose.

Your other option? Join a group and be carried there. Personally, I'll take a pass on being carried.

Thing is, I didnt say losing on wave 2-6 is end of progression.

But in order to complete the entire map, u might 1st have to only do up to wave 2-3 n get drops.

The drops there will eventually enable u to complete.

@ChrisH36 quote:

Yeah, once you are able to handle the waves where items begin to drop, you are making progress. But the thing is, we all have different views on it. My idea of progress is finishing a map and opening the chest. If I can do that, then I can handle this tier, I don't like having to repeat maps to lose, especially if you lose on Wave 6 or 7 to 1 enemy.

@tonyrulz92 quote:

I've kind of given up on the game. I've solo'd all of NM3 and made it to NM4. That however is where the game is near impossible to solo. Sure if you can make it past wave 2, you could slowly build up. But with the way the current loot system works, that's just far too much time to make it worth it. So you take hours upon hours to build up one character on the 610-650 Ipwr maps, and when you finally deck out all of your needed characters, their gear will be immediately replaced with the 650-700 ipwr maps. What's the point.

Your other option? Join a group and be carried there. Personally, I'll take a pass on being carried.

I have the same problem. Running Gates to get kill on wave 6/7 or liferoot on wave 3/4 is no fun. And the only way to get imrovement. Also hard to get there without using my DPS HUnt, limiting the drop skill variation drastically.

@tonyrulz92 quote:

It is hard to believe I found someone who shares my mentality. But you shouldn't give up. Eventually you will find a way to get make it to 5-7 and it will be well worth the endeavor. I just dont like losing because then I have to reset everything and I lose out at a shot at the Daily Win (which can potentially net up to 3-4 Legendaries if the chest rolls Gold).

@Qaz quote:

Thing is, I didnt say losing on wave 2-6 is end of progression.

But in order to complete the entire map, u might 1st have to only do up to wave 2-3 n get drops.

The drops there will eventually enable u to complete.

@ChrisH36 quote:

Oh absolutely, I dont mind getting up to at least 2 in some cases, but the more waves I can pull off, the better. Hell, I could be lucky and end up winning. Given you get bonus loot as the waves continue and less setup hassle everytime. But constantly getting to 2-3 is one thing, constantly losing at 6-7 to bull*** like Malthius skeletons leaking or Ogres walking over your walls is another. 

Solo is totally possible even NM4 Inc on gates is possible, whether you'd want to is another matter.

For solo Liferoot is the easiest map to maintain.

If you get ogres romping over your walls save some DU to place two walls one behind the other so that, should an ogre get pushed over, they are caught between on a second set of traps. I built my traps down the centre lane in two clusters and used two walls on wave 6 to achieve this sacrificing a frosty on the left lane for the du.

You can also delay the ogre from the lower lane by aggro him and then scoot round to rep the wall when ogre one from the left-centre lane gets there.

Then its just a matter of repairing.

Greystone Plaza is the easiest map imo. I can solo it on NM4 up to wave 5. Cant post screenshots of my build because i cant find the F9 ingame screenshots in any folder.

Let the secondary objectives fall, more creeps = more loot, defend at the main objective all the 6 lanes then. I dont have a traptress and i dont have a mage at all. I do this with cannons, walls, dps huntress, monk Aura and Serenety. I dont have any real magicdmg source at all, just the serenety. I kill the phys resist with cannonballtowers too.

My problem is that my huntress have to be ingame, i will never be able to carry a other hero myself through it.

Just did a fast run to show my setup. Like i said above its not the meta thing. Hopefully i will be able to carry my others chars through NM4 soon with this build.

Upgrading walls to 100 before round 2 (just not the 2 lanes which gets opend in round 2 first) and to 150 before round 3. This couldt be less important when you have better hearthys. I have 255k walls. Cannons do around 12k dmg lv.1 and the monk is not that stronk with around 2.5k defpower. Sphere is 25% baricade HP.

With 4 ppl and this build i can finish the map. Just need more DPS huntress and maybe some magical build for the physic resistant lane. Greystone has max ipwr and its so far the easiest map i found on this level. Addtional you get more creeps on the new 2 lanes so more possible loot. I think the strong thing on this build is the cannons can target up to 3 different lanes and you have short ways between the walls to repair and the and the auras can touch easy everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRoILzfI--8

@Fozzie quote:

Solo is totally possible even NM4 Inc on gates is possible, whether you'd want to is another matter.

For solo Liferoot is the easiest map to maintain.

If you get ogres romping over your walls save some DU to place two walls one behind the other so that, should an ogre get pushed over, they are caught between on a second set of traps. I built my traps down the centre lane in two clusters and used two walls on wave 6 to achieve this sacrificing a frosty on the left lane for the du.

You can also delay the ogre from the lower lane by aggro him and then scoot round to rep the wall when ogre one from the left-centre lane gets there.

Then its just a matter of repairing.

So Fozzie do liferoot Solo Nm4 Inc? never tried it as i figured it''d be more difficult then gates..  You using traps frost etc... Or other towerS?

@ChrisH36 quote:

It is hard to believe I found someone who shares my mentality. But you shouldn't give up. Eventually you will find a way to get make it to 5-7 and it will be well worth the endeavor. I just dont like losing because then I have to reset everything and I lose out at a shot at the Daily Win (which can potentially net up to 3-4 Legendaries if the chest rolls Gold).

Oh, I've already made it to NM4 Liferoot wave 7 solo. Having to repair 3 Ogre lanes by yourself is where the problem lies. There's just not enough dps when you're trying to build up your Tower character. 

And again, drops suck. You spend hours upon hours failing to build up one character. Then you do it again for another 3 or 4 characters. Then when you finally beat that wave 7, you can move on up to the next level, the current highest ipwr maps, ipwr 1000. And then you fail over and over until you beat wave 2, then you immediately replace that gear you spent hours on in the ipwr 900 maps. 

I generally enjoy the grind in games. Monster Hunter is one of my favorite series. Anyone who's played it knows that it's "Grinding: The Game." But when you make the realization I mentioned earlier, you have to ask yourself what's the point. 

The issue diminishes of course when you get other people to help you. But then you might as well have asked them to skip you straight to the end and not bothered with NM 1-3. 

@playlessNamer quote:

Just did a fast run to show my setup. Like i said above its not the meta thing. Hopefully i will be able to carry my others chars through NM4 soon with this build.

Upgrading walls to 100 before round 2 (just not the 2 lanes which gets opend in round 2 first) and to 150 before round 3. This couldt be less important when you have better hearthys. I have 255k walls. Cannons do around 12k dmg lv.1 and the monk is not that stronk with around 2.5k defpower. Sphere is 25% baricade HP.

With 4 ppl and this build i can finish the map. Just need more DPS huntress and maybe some magical build for the physic resistant lane. Greystone has max ipwr and its so far the easiest map i found on this level. Addtional you get more creeps on the new 2 lanes so more possible loot. I think the strong thing on this build is the cannons can target up to 3 different lanes and you have short ways between the walls to repair and the and the auras can touch easy everything.

Oh nice one, if you actually aim to defend the sub cores it will be alot easier for solo play. But you probably will run around abit more. There are some nice placements possible on roofs and outside the pathes which can be used then.

Kinda funny too how you ignore the phys res lanes completly and go with cannons against it XD i did it too and that is a pretty strong sign that towers are strong, because they can carry you even through this. I upped myself a nice mage now and his earth fire wrecks stuff good too.

Dont think its easier. I tryed it several times before with defending secondarys but since i build it this way, was more a troll than a serious attempt, its easier than before. You loose so much dps when you run from one side to another, you can react to attacked walls very fast and reach them in seconds, the towers can focus several lanes simultaneously. Building compact is a nice advantage overall.

Just a little tip for those progressing through Nightmare. I did this and now have walls at around 312K :D also other goodies like trapstress and frosty

Anyways what I did to speed up the progress was start on the hardest difficulty you could do and only getting to 5/7 or 6/7. Eevn if you dont win your still getting enough loot to gear up. I got to NM4 actually really quickly and I hardly ever won maps lol. I have just over 100 hours and can solo NM4. Also I do have a few groups I run with that did help me progress a lot faster than most. I would recommend joining some steam groups or doing my strat. It did help me progress faster than most people I have met.

@Xopo quote:

Just a little tip for those progressing through Nightmare. I did this and now have walls at around 312K :D also other goodies like trapstress and frosty

Anyways what I did to speed up the progress was start on the hardest difficulty you could do and only getting to 5/7 or 6/7. Eevn if you dont win your still getting enough loot to gear up. I got to NM4 actually really quickly and I hardly ever won maps lol. I have just over 100 hours and can solo NM4. Also I do have a few groups I run with that did help me progress a lot faster than most. I would recommend joining some steam groups or doing my strat. It did help me progress faster than most people I have met.

you must know fast is not all that cares, afterall it's a game and we're here for the fun. or I would have progressed to nm4 through party play right after graduating at level 50 lol

@playlessNamer quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRoILzfI--8

(sorry, didn't know how to remove video from quote)

I tried this. My characters are the same as yours. My walls though have 271k health. Towers do 12k T1 and Monk is also around 2.5k DP. If you're trying to build up your tower character, this strat won't work. You need your dps char to pass this stage or atleast get to where he did in the vid.

I need to level up my monk character. Am I going to have to go make another monk so that I can have both dps and tower at the same time? That's the problem with this game. You NEED a dps for NM4.