Sign in to follow this  
Scimitar

Reverting back to 7.5

Hi guys,

is there a way to revert back to 7.5 on my Windows machine in order to play with a Mac? I appreciate that such an old game is still receiving attention and new content, but not being able to play with my girlfriend who is on a Mac completely breaks it for me. Is there a way to undo the update without torrenting an old build? And if I do torrent an old build, will I be able to use my Steam login to connect to TrendyNet without being forced to download the update?

I realize that you guys are creating updates well beyond the reasonable support lifespan, and that's awesome. But for those of us who play PC to Mac, this is akin to saying "well we decided you can't play this game you bought years ago anymore". Could you please make these updates optional unless they work for all platforms?

edit: I apologize if this thread better fits in "Players helping Players", but I put it here since it is directly related to (and to some degree feedback for) the community development that's going on.

i know this isn't a permanent solution, but if you got a wired xbox controller. you could play multiplayer on the pc.  Unfortunately, you would have to play on the same account.  I hope they resolve this for you, because I started playing dd on xbox with my old significant other, and I myself enjoyed the time we spent playing together.  

There is currently not a way to go back  even if you used a DRM free version at version 7.50 you wouldn't be able to log into ranked.

Then there is also the problem of your ranked profile that once you move to 8.0 you can't go back as it would be corrupted due to some of the changes being incompatible.  

Trendy is still working to get a Mac update out.  Time table is just unknown at the moment. 

@rcdm462 quote:

with my old significant other, and I myself enjoyed the time we spent playing together.  

Teach me RC

How do I get Mrs Mkjo to love this game?

@mkjo quote:

@rcdm462 quote:

with my old significant other, and I myself enjoyed the time we spent playing together.  

Teach me RC

if i knew how, i would.  most of my fights were over dd, and idk if you saw the word "OLD."  I don't think you want advice from me bro, unless you wanna farm lab for child support:(

@rcdm462 quote:

@mkjo quote:

@rcdm462 quote:

Teach me RC

if i knew how, i would.  most of my fights were over dd, and idk if you saw the word "OLD."  I don't think you want advice from me bro, unless you wanna farm lab for child support:(

lol well in that case, no thanks ;)  Then again she makes more than I do, so maybe she would have to pay :)