Sign in to follow this  
KnowsNoLimits

Trendy wants to know what you are willing to pay for

It was mentioned in the latest dev stream that they want to see what the community sees as something they are willing to pay for and how they can improve on future real money packs.

So here's your chance to tell them.

What do you see as something you would buy or something you would pass?

For me personally cosmetics, skins, dyes are fine, this new bag expansion pack isn't.

Hero slots will be fine when they have fixed the Hero Deck situation.

However Trendy if you are going through the route of money expansion packs then you will need to give me more of an incentive than just an exclusive title. Something that doesn't give me an unfair advantage of course.

We need to stay as far away as p2w as possible.

New characters, stages are already stated to be free. So we don't have to worry about that.

So what are you guys willing to purchase?

Lets help them out here.

skins. maybe some skins which are REAL time limited. skins with some funny unique animations.

pet skins +(!) unique ability skins.

every sort of skins. weapon, shield, unique 'C' button sounds (god i miss the heeyho sounds from the barbar  in DD1..)

and manymore... everything that change my LOOK but not my ability

Edit: and i even talked about MY(!!!) tavern.. take that hint trendy ;)

Skins are one part, like a goblin skin for my pet, i would love it.

Skins for some funny towers / traps.

Funny animations!!! A little dance or stuff, doesn't need to cost much tho but for some hundret diamonds sure. Emotions are cool.

I guess I'm old school and used to buying a game uo front. I payed for early access because I couldn't wait to play and it didn't bother me to say buy the game. However I will not spend another penny until I know the final direction the game is going. If it's what I find to be a good game I would spend money on skins, hero slots (assuming no hero deck) and bags. But only purchased with gems and I probably will never spend more than 10.00 at one time.

I would pay for my own customized private tavern. decor, etc. A place to call home. My wartable would be made of granite, the top would be draped in Orc skin stamped with the maps I conquered. Remember the Juke Box presentation during Influence Week? Yes please....i'll take 2-3 of those for my tavern, so I make a listening station for my friends to enjoy. Shag carpet made from warboar.....lol.

Given my past purchases in F2P games mostly cosmetics with a few boost/useful items if its a good deal. 

DD2 specific stuff id like to see and pay for:

#1: Tower skins/animations

#2: Crazy "costumes" that make big changes like say turn the squire into a badass megatron robot etc.(also i would really like the ability to mix and match costumes. Like pick the head of skeleton and put it on the normal body)

I hate buying empty space such as bags and hero slots. The reason its not a big problem here is because i paid to join the alpha early and it came with enough bags and hero slots to keep me going.

I'm not sure if this would even be possible for them to do for various technical reasons, but I think the most interesting and original F2P monetization model I've seen is what they're trying to do with the new Unreal Tournament game. 

They give players the tools to create custom maps/mods/skins/accessories and allow them to be sold or given away for free on a marketplace. That potentially allows a lot more content to be added to the game (in theory) than the developers could add on their own. Things sold for money are split between the creator and Epic, so there's an incentive for content creators to create interesting content for the game. Even just the additional free content could potentially attract more players, which could lead to more sales of cosmetics.  

I imagine a TD game has a lot of potential for player created maps at the very least, though obviously there isn't much in terms of progression in UT, so I'm not sure how player created maps would work in a game where you have to farm for gear. Maybe just have no gear drop in player created maps? Or they could flag certain maps as approved for gear to drop after reviewing them? /shrug They could even add the option for players to create gearless maps where you simply set everyone's stats at a specific level so you can balance it in a very specific way and just have a map that's about the challenge/strategy. 

Not sure how successful it will be for UT as it's still in alpha and the only maps in their marketplace so far are free. They do have some hats for sale though. 

For me personally I find the shift to a limited number of bags and making them only purchasable with real currency a bad move. You used to be able to buy them with gold and it should have stayed that way.

Extra character slots are something I find OK but I think there should be some sort of limit so if you make say 10 new characters you have unlocked the you paid enough to have infinite character slots in the future. This is would be about 45 USD worth of gems spent on the game which I think is a fair amount to unlock all the content for one area.

I also find there should be a you buy this pack and unlock everything pack. No more gating. Make it reasonably priced say twice the price of a triple A game.

Beyond that hats and costumes in my opinion can all be purchasable and if I could choose I think this is the only place that money should have been made in the game so if it is a success I'd recommend removing the price on extra character slots. My guess is that was the initial mission but at some point they drifted away from it.

Content over Skins!
Sure I undestand that paying for skinns is a good ide, but I dont want more dev-time on skinns, I would rader pay for a better lootsystem and inventory system then skins at this point. Hell I would even pay for wyvern tokens in the form of "gems to tokens" if more Übers were added.

and as "NasiPuti" said:

@NasiPuti quote:

Extra character slots are something I find OK but I think there should be some sort of limit so if you make say 10 new characters you have unlocked the you paid enough to have infinite character slots in the future. This is would be about 45 USD worth of gems spent on the game which I think is a fair amount to unlock all the content for one area.

Damn is that a grate ide!

---

off topic: I would rly want a "Im looking for this slot item for this X hero with X primary stat."
and get like -75% loot and 100% green+ dropps.

Best Regards
Hadokken

They need to let us mix and match sets, otherwise there's no point buying more than one set.

Letting us use dyes would be good too.

Pet skin transfers $1. Transfers the stats and ability from one pet skin to another. When i see paid pets, i just think about how long it'll take to level them and also being gimped while leveling them. I'd rather a transfer system.

@keona quote:

i'd pay for the option to disable all cut scenes in the entire game ;)

Would like an option to turn them off after you seen them once, I would for sure not pay for it.

i would pay for cristals and tokens.

IF there would be combo pack , idk for 5dollars ytou can get this ammount of tokens and cristals.

I would buy that .

@mokn quote:

They need to let us mix and match sets, otherwise there's no point buying more than one set.

This is really needed to encourage us players to buy more skins.

@AriMic quote:

@mokn quote:

This is really needed to encourage us players to buy more skins.

Do you mean something like this?

1UwhFRT.jpg