Questions for Devstream 46

Have a question for Trendy? Ask away in this thread, and we'll do our best to answer them on the Devstream on Friday, November 20th at 5PM EST. Please follow the format below. We will select 5-10 long-form questions and as many lightning round questions as we can to answer on the Devstream.

Format:

Two questions that you would like to get a longer answer on. As many questions as you would like to get a yes/no on. Please mark these as "Lightning" at the beginning of the question. (For example, "Lightning:  Who's on first?")

Are there any plans for making it more useful to upgrade Frostbite towers? Currently upgrading only increases range and max HP but in most builds they never get hit so the extra health is not needed and they already have enough range at tier 1 so upgrading them doesn't do anything useful.

Lightning: There are so many lightning round questions that are not yes or no answers, so my question is: Does anyone even read these questions before giving them to you to read on stream?

Any chance of receiving a new Hero this year?

Will you guys ever include map specific loot again?

That's one of the things people loved about DD1 and made all the maps viable to farm, since different maps even early ones gave you a chance to acquire something special from them.

When will pet ability reroll items be added?

When will the change to disallow a pet stat to reroll for a stat that it already has? For example a pet with two Defense Health stat when only one of them count. And when you go to reroll that duplicate stat, the one that is kept is the lower value.

Edit: Recently watched the latest Devstream. Though you could still answer this question for those who haven't.

Lightning:

Are there any chances of Grumpy pets getting a empowerment reroll so they're actually useful?

Is there a possibility of an option coming to "refund" or swap costumes when you're tired of them? I bought a few costumes that I have not used and it was a waste of gems.

Any hints (pics) of new maps you guys are working on that we could take a look at?

Also would be interested in new weapons and hero costumes :D

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

That's one of the things people loved about DD1 and made all the maps viable to farm, since different maps even early ones gave you a chance to acquire something special from them.

uhh, spooky maps, ramparts incursion, onslaught, Betsy.

QUESTION:

When are we getting the detailed descriptions of the hero  abilities?

I want to try the [Uber] Concentrated Cyclone Sphere, its says it's 2500% of my Ability power, and that's neat, but I don't know the Ability power ratio of the normal Tornado... so theres no way I can compare them before purchasing it.

Question: When will the info be updated of the hero characters when you go to info of your character. There is still "Detailed descriptions are on the way!" quote, but thats been around since pre alpha.

@☆Satoshi★ quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Mean while all previous maps are left to the way side, giving you nothing unique to farm there. I'm talking about all maps giving something unique, not just a select few. Exactly like DD1, you could do royal court or ramparts and you would get a unique pet specifically to that level.

I find it boring to just have a few maps viable for endgame, when all of them should be viable thanks to ipwr and the ability to farm something unique from them.

Will you update the auto-collect system, so that you can have multiple auto-collect options per bag? and will you fix the bug where when you set a bag to autocollect petfood it does not pick up the petfood?

When will the Squire get his real 4th tower? And not the hilarious Training Dummy that serves no purpose from beginning to end game.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@☆Satoshi★ quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Mean while all previous maps are left to the way side, giving you nothing unique to farm there. I'm talking about all maps giving something unique, not just a select few. Exactly like DD1, you could do royal court or ramparts and you would get a unique pet specifically to that level.

I find it boring to just have a few maps viable for endgame, when all of them should be viable thanks to ipwr and the ability to farm something unique from them.

well I did not know DD1 had those feature in Alpha, i just plpayed the full release version ._ .

Lightning: Can we have some more item specific weekends?

Sub text: Frosty staff  currently seems rarer than a sober Essex lady after 10 pm on a Friday night

@dwade123 quote:

When will the Squire get his real 4th tower? And not the hilarious Training Dummy that serves no purpose from beginning to end game.

In addition to this question, my question is:

Squire should have a catapult defense, it is perfect for his kit. What you guys think?

Question: Have you guys ever considered putting some of the maps from DD1 into DD2? Maybe like a rework? I think that a lot of us old players coming from DD1 would love to feel the nostalgia when we enter some of these old amazing maps. 
- Sure even the new players would love em' too. Who doesn't love new/more maps? 
- Maybe even put some new loot based on these maps? 

Lightning:
- New/more pet eggs coming soon?
- Any plans about increasing the size of the tavern? Maybe adding an outside area to explore? 

1. What is the reasoning behind the change in melee attack animation from DD1 to DD2? In DD1, I was able to strafe while attacking, giving me more control over my hero. In DD2, melee is uncomfortable and punishing, which is a downgrade.

2. Why not include an option to disable this new melee animation for those of us that prefer DD1 melee style? Customization is never a bad thing, especially with a topic this important. Providing an option to disable this new feature is a win-win.

Please thumbs up if you agree and want these questions answered. Thanks for reading.

Would it be possible to get an item to change the attack of a weapon. I liked the old mode with 1 projectile on the bow and now it's nearly impossible to find something like this with the right stats. 

Lightning Question:

where is the item to reroll the pet ability? 400h+in the game and never saw one

Question: Are there any plans on future maps to make them larger with possibly cool environmental things to fling/throw/toss/shoot you across the map? One of the things I loved about DD1 is how big some of the maps were. They had multiple levels, and some maps even had those environmental things to help you get across the map faster because they were so big. In comparison every map in DD2 feels so small to me. 

Lightning: Is it intentional that you can't place Explosive Traps as close to each other as you can Elemental Chaos?

Lightning: Any plans on making the tower range show the actual boosted range of the tower (if any) instead of just the base range in the blue telegraph before placing it?

Lightning: Can we get the Ready Up sound to play while we are in our inventory?

Lightning: Any plans on giving the Squire a 4th tower that isn't literally completely useless? Looking at you training dummy.

Lightning:  We promise the item for pet ability re-roll is not in the game. SOMEONE would have seen it by now. We can hassquire_small.png?

i got tons of questions really but ill take the most intresting ones at this time. t

1. Is there going to be any love shown to towers like cannons and flameburst for NM4 builds? i got 10k dps cannons with 30% crit and 11k critdmg and 356k walls but they are not even close to  effective as traps.. and they get totaly obliterated wherever u place them most of the time..

2. Will there be more effective tower-synergies introduced to the game? 

3. Will there be any new spheres/uber spheres coming soon?

4. When are the new class specs coming out? :)

5. Whats up with the barricade bug with mobs just ignoring it and walking passed it? 

6. Have you thought of creating uberspheres or anything else like Huntress Elemental chaos sphere to make classes being able to deal both physical and magical damage? this way will open up more possibillitys to builds and letting people focus on one specific character they like. (also would improve the solo aspect of the game)