Sign in to follow this  
NasiPuti

Max bags for $ is simply greed.

@Hover Tower 2000 quote:

The point is that you can't get the extra bags with gems (which I've paid money for) you have to buy a separate DLC.

I feel the same way. It feels wrong to me. I've spent a lot of money on this game, and I am fine with that. But if gems won't be used for something like this, it just makes me feel bad about what may happen in the future. If this keeps happening, how much will I be losing out on if I don't keep spending tons more money?

Again, this is what I feel like Gems would be used for...

@The Real Atlas quote:

Honestly I don't understand all the fuzz.

Hundreds of games do this. Especially when the game is free.

How else are they going to run the company and put food on the table if they don't make these packs?

If you feel like it's too high a price or you dislike that you can't buy these EXCLUSIVE bags with gems, then don't buy it! 

Maybe sometime in the future there will be something else you want to spend your gems on. You guys are making it sound like they forced you to buy gems and giving you hope that you can get exclusive things for them rather than the costumes, hero decks and what-not.

/Peace out!

What game has premium currency and then releases new content to be bought with $, and not the premium currency?  Not to mention the packs have "extra" gems thrown in for a "50 dollar value for only 19.99!!!"

It's kinda gross.  Mac and dennis needed this strategy when they tried selling paddy's dollars in always sunny.  Brilliant stuff.

also, why am I not hearing a lot more about them releasing this bag update a few weeks before they're planning to lower the drop rate of gear with the upcoming loot revamp?  

Hey, everyone! Thanks for the posts. We want to assure you that your gems are still valuable. You’ll use them to purchase many things in the game, and we’re increasing the overall value of gems as we phase out the old packs that have a major discount on gems.

Some of you have been asking about the bag slot increase being available only in the pack. This is not coming from a place of greed -- it’s actually a technical reason. iWhen we created the pack, we needed to make sure that anyone could buy it at any point in their lifecycle of the game -- even if they had max bag slots. Otherwise, players who had max bag purchases (very few of you) would be able to purchase the pack and... wouldn't get the bags because it would take them over the max.

So, in order to do this, we had to make sure the pack let you go over the game's softcap. We will actually have to do this on any package we add to the Steam store (i.e. if there's pet bag space in a pack), or dedicated players may get screwed by purchasing the pack and not being able to redeem that item.

We may very well expand the actual amount of bag space you can get in-game with gems in the future, but as many of you pointed out there are some technical challenges (load times) we are currently working to solve involving having EVEN MORE inventory space. Tackling this particular challenge will require programming time, which would take away from some of the other things we want to do this milestone. From what we’ve seen, it doesn't sound like many of you need to go over the cap, especially with the upcoming loot changes. We’ll take a look at this again once all of the changes have gone in and go from there. Thanks again for the feedback!

If you have trouble with loadtimes just redo the inventory code, it does not seem like like it is worth saving anyways.

The invalidation of gems shouldnt be the solution for your bad code.

PS: TY for listening to our call for more slots though.

@iamisom quote:

That's a lot of words.

Can we expect the so-called phased out limited edition Collector's pack to actually phase out at some point? Or should we expect it to stick around until Christmas sales? Do you think sales increase the value of gems? Halloween?

No matter what you say, the more they release stuff that can't be bought with gems, the less valuable gems are.

And you can't go with the technical issue to pretend that you can't sell things for gems, while selling the exact same things for money at the same time. It just doesn't work that way, even if I agree that everything is always better with money (at least better than with gems actually).

Asking more money for QoL improvements or skins from people who already used money to get another currency is plain old greed, saying otherwise doesn't make it less true.

I'm sorry, but it's a free to play game. Just deal with it. You're not entitled to anything. 

Yes, I am not so happy about the fact that the pack cannot be bought ingame with gems. Still... I have to think about how it would be if I was a new player and just had started DD2: In that case I would be glad about the offered steam pack because it seems more comfortable to me to buy it from the steam store instead of buying ingame currency for a game - especially when I'm not sure if I will use the rest of the gems.

I think if all of this had come at the same time, then it would not be a problem. The timing was bad, but that's one of the problems we come across when playing early access games. In my case I invested some of my gems into hero slots and inventory space so I don't have any need for that package.

Once new heroes are implemented it may be interesting for me. ...but as long as I have no chance to merge bags into bigger sizes (or just increase the size of some bags) I don't even want more inventory space because the overview is getting worse and worse for me.

bags aren't pay to win, but pay for convenience

the PROBLEM lies in that they deliberately made the game super inconvenient which makes the bags mandatory

dealing with the loot in this game is a HUGE chore, it makes the game seem unpolished and low quality.  i took some time to think about why i played the game and realized that the over-grind for upgrades in loot coupled with dealing with inventory every wave was making it not worth playing the game at all.  when tedium out-weighs the fun you're doing something wrong in your game