Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Please help us with loot testing! [Update: Loot Test is Live!]

@DrumMajor012210 quote:

@0564 quote:

am farming a purge evil polearm for 4 days now, not even a single one dropped...but thats the game, its about farming and then you if you finally get this hell of a loot thing, its really special and unique to you

i mean this makes the game fun, playing lot of time to get the best

i hope you dont destroy the farming with this update...

I have 485 hours in the game and I HAVE NOT GOTTEN A SINGLE PURGE EVIL YET. I'm convinced it can't possibly be working as intended and am hoping that this loot update changes things. :/

Try send a bug report. I had never had a chilling staff drop. Sent a bug report about it and i was pretty pissed at the time so didn't play for a bit. The next time i logged in i got 3 chilling staffs on the first two maps i played and none since.

I'm glad there is a possible change in the works for the loot system.

I still feel the game is flat in game-play, i came to play the game for the supposedly smart lanes system (when the map looks at your defenses and tries to throw stuff at you that you didn't build for) and the Combos between abilities and towers. I haven't seen much of either.

@NSPlayer quote:

Thoughts?

So, i made a super long answer, replied, saw i was not logged in, lost my answer. Now i'm bored and i'll just do that fast.

So, a) and d) Ok blacksmith is not usefull, but do what u ask for will break the game, it's ok for pet bcs noone cares of that flying crap around our heads, if u want a special ability just take the pet and reroll stats until u found good ones. But, for weapons and armors, this is the game, drop items, so, no. And how can blacksmith could know which item to show u, it's not because u're 50 and get carried once in nm4 that u'll have nm4 items... So, definitely no.

For b) maybe not items u don't find in maps, bcs it will be unfair, but we can do a system like that: complete maps at some levels X_i, and the dude will propose u the last 4 items at these levels X_i, like myth+, so, it's just one more items u could drop in map, but guaranteed myth+.

For c), insane, nightmare, it's just a name. I mean, when i'm pooping, it goes for insane to nightmare, even rampage. But it's just a name.

Finally for ur remark on tokens cap at 9, imo it's cool like that. I have all ubers except betsy egg, by doing dailies, and don't need for a faster rate drop. Plus, it's 9, bcs we live in a decimal world, from 0 to 9.  EZ.

Something doesn't add up here guys.  Why would they just have launched the extra bags purchase for all the loot if they are about to dramatically reduce the amount of loot dropping.  Has anyone else stopped to think about the DEVS true intentions?  

I am beginning to seriously doubt the overall intentions of TrendyEnt.

@0564 quote:

am farming a purge evil polearm for 4 days now, not even a single one dropped...but thats the game, its about farming and then you if you finally get this hell of a loot thing, its really special and unique to you

I understand your frustration, but i honestly believe it is the luck of the draw.  I have two Purge Evil weapons and I wasn't even trying for them.

@Racerz quote:

@zenthorth quote:

So here is my idea: Nightmare Mode Gear Tokens. Each map on NM difficulty, and only Nightmare Mode, that you beat will award you a set number of tokens. The harder the map and the higher the Nightmare Mode, the more tokens you get. Then you use these tokens to purchase custom gear from a vendor in the tavern. The player would be able to pick the quality (legendary, mythical, epic, etc.), the stats( both main and secondary), the iLvL ( up to 700, the current max), and the location of the item (weapon, shield, helm, etc.). The iLvL the player chooses would determine the numerical value of the stats, like 400 Defense Power, while the player only chose Defense Power for example. So in short, a player would be able to buy the perfect max iLvL piece of gear for any character for any slot with nightmare Mode Tokens.

I definetly agree with this system, what a genius is zenthorth

Agreed too. And i want to participate in these tests too.

@NSPlayer quote:

Iamisom,

I've been playing for almost 1000 hours now. I'm enjoying the direction that this is going, however, I'd suggest a few changes if I may, that will serve to mitigate most people's concerns. I'd also like feedback from other people on this:

a) The blacksmith and relic seller are essentially useless. They never sell anything worth buying, it's overpriced and almost always low tier stuff. I propose changing those into something more useful.

We should be able to (either in the form of tokens/gems or a fee that becomes more and more expensive as you keep re-rolling, just like re-rolling pet stats) be able to re-roll stats on armor. If you get a piece that has everything but that one stat you're looking for, and you have enough tokens and gold, why not?

b) If you want the relic trader used more, change him to an overall merchant who sells items that you won't find in maps, but are a lot more expensive, maybe gear that levels with you? Giving you the best possible stats for your build/character until X level, the most expensive pieces dropping off at level 50 or something?

If not, then make him an overall trader that sells high quality loot. Who knows? Maybe that special piece you're after is sitting in his shop?

c) With the difficulty settings... I don't know, I'm used to playing games where 'nightmare' was kind of a difficulty drop off point. If you agree, I suggest changing the difficulties from nightmare I, II, III etc to insane, insane I, II, III. Allowing nightmare to have its throne.

d) Add an option on the item fusing lady to infuse or re-roll the gear affix on a selected piece of gear. A system similar to above might work.

Oh, and make food and current re-roll tokens stackable. We CAN count higher than 9. ;)

Thoughts?

Please, pet reroll stacking limmited to 9 it's just annoying .

I prefer a more random system because making it that much harder to obtain quality gear is where all the fun is at.  It's what keeps everyone playing but most players don't seem to realize that though. It also makes trading more meaningful later on. If you add more unique passives to the game (such as hearty blockades but for the other stats) it'll make the 'trashy' gear more useful and all end up working out somehow. 

There should be extremely rare loot that gives people incentive to play though (such as ultimate++ in DD1) you could add an extra gear tier (lets say transendance with a special glowing weapon design) that drops once every ~10 games or so, specifically from bosses. It just feels bleh now when you get a legendary drop, but I don't think making legendary gear more meaningful (that would be the convenient thing to do) would be a step forward for this game. I'd just add more variety in loot and definitely a lot more gear passives. 

@ally quote:

I prefer a more random system because making it that much harder to obtain quality gear is where all the fun is at.  It's what keeps everyone playing but most players don't seem to realize that though.

I disagree. What keeps me playing is a steady progression system of reward for my effort.  Once that reward becomes too small or too infrequent I stop playing.  Just making something harder to get is not the incentive itself.  The incentive is what  motivates players to overcome that difficulty.  And while I will admit that there are players that that will agree with you that all the fun is located in grinding the RNG system, I personally believe most will disagree with you.  

What you describe sounds to me like this.  Lets take any traditional MMO and add this system: before you are allowed to hit max level you must play a slots machine mini-game. Once you get lucky and win a jackpot you are allowed to level up to the max level and finally advance to end game content.  If a system like this was in any game I ever played I would have quit immediately.  

A more suitable system is not to prevent a player from achieving max level, but to make a challenge for max level that gives a suitably rare or awesome reward.  Such as super rare mounts in WoW.  Something you can only get by grinding the RNG system. But the reward is not a content gate in and of itself. The reward is bragging rights, ego, having something that most players will never get. 

Where as in DD2, as the current system works, there are actually two leveling mechanics: character level and Item level.  Item level is very much like the normal character level system in that is acts as a barrier to content.  If you do not have an item level high enough there is content you can not play.  Just as you can not play end game content until you reach level 50 on at least one character.  

Currently the there is a massive item level spike between insane and nightmare 1 and between nightmare 3 and nightmare 4.  This spike is not the numerical item level, its the specialization of stats.  Even is a player meets the minimum item level requirement they are worthless in nightmare 4 unless they have the correctly specialized gear.  Thus adding MORE gear and MORE variety only makes it HARDER for a player to get the gear they want / need to play the content.  That might be fine for the extremely hardcore gamer, but most gamers are not that hardcore.  And it is my personal opinion that relegating nightmare difficulty to only the extremely hardcore players is a disservice to the player base. Instead there should be suitable cosmetic / bragging right rewards that those hardcore players can earn that will not deter less hardcore or casual players from having a quality system of progression for their efforts.  

Just to clarify, I am NOT saying the game should be easy, only that is should be fair in rewarding time and effort. And I do not think more RNG does that.  By definition RNG is the exact opposite of fair reward for effort. It is reward based on nothing that the player has done.  The player does not EARN gear through an RNG system, the player is just lucky enough to have gear GIVEN to them by the system.

What if the items that the player drops have a greater chance of having similar status to which he distributed to his character, and the chance of the equipment have dropped this status, increase as the rank of item? Thus, we solve a number of issues we've seen discussed here:

- Increasing the difficulty to drop items with greater rarity, rather than harder the chance to drop items when rare items to drop is likely that they are really an upgrade.

- You do not need to change the value of the items themselves.

- Increased amounts of bag remains desirable. Our friends who bought the packs whose sale began on Wednesday will not be upset.

The problem: You can no longer make a DPS huntress and try to get equipment to build a traptress. Worth it?

Agreed with above. No to specific item stats based on character build. What needs to change is the combination of stats on items. Hero damage and defense power should never belong together! And hybrid builds are like a huuuuge minority in this game.

Just give us the imitative we voted for!  Let us take multiple items with desirable stats and be able to craft them into pure awesomeness!!!!!

Well, i just want to say that mythical & legendary items are only stronger random versions of common items. In most games such items are very powerful, have fixed stats, unique powers & are difficult to obtain. And I think that it's right.

Just... what I'm suggesting:

1. Class-binded (only for wizard, knight etc.) fixed (clarified in next paragraph) mythical/legendary armor and utilities (instead of trivial totems or rings).

1.1. Fixed type mythical items (let's say "frost sorcerer", "knight-defender"...) with preferred stats and bonuses. E. g. preferred stats for frost wizard could be tower stats. The type of item depending on enemies (one enemy is inclined to drop 1-2 types of items for each class). Of course there should an element of randomness (an item could have only 1-2 of all preferred stats) .

1.2. Legendaries having fixed stats, dropping only from bosses or could be constructed from pieces (which would drop on specific maps and difficulties).

2. Sets. No, I do not like DD1 system. I mean bonuses for wearing a few one-type items at once. These bonuses should be really strong. I mean that full legendary set could replace one tower/ability with another stronger equivalent. Well, that's only some of possible bonuses.

3. Increase difference between items' tiers. Now mythical gear is only slightly better than epic and drop rate difference is also weird.

P.S. Also there are some problems with iPWR calculation. I really can't understand why item with lower stats has higher iPWR.

Guys... cool it with the 7 paragraph posts. They are not looking to crowd source game design ideas or for your critique on a new system that you haven't even seen yet. They're asking for participation in testing. Once you test the system and if you feel there are significant issues with it, then yeah go ahead and post your thoughts on it. But you can't possibly have that much to say about something you've *never* seen before.

Update:  We're still finalizing all of the technical hurdles to getting a large number of players into the test. We're now looking at next week for testing. We'll have more information next week!

@djpatje quote:

will test stuff be saved or ?

they said they (their/there)  COPY your profle. so its only for testing, nothing will be saved i think

I would be extremely interested into joining the testing group to provide feedback.  I get bored at work and would love to do some write ups.  

@0564 quote:

I agree with this... EASY FARMING with ITEMS = BORING ... it will be the same as DIABLO 3 ....

in Diablo 3, at first FARMING items is really hard to find, and players complaining about the LOOT DROPS.. Then the Devs heard them., The Dev's Change the Loot Drop into Easy Farming ITEMS = all players GOT PRETTY GOOD ITEMS.., THEN The Game BECOMES BORING 'coz the GAME no FUN at ALL , NO CHALLENGE..  

...PLAYERS LEFT THE GAME... 

I QUIT THE GAME ... no CHALLENGE ..

"sorry for my ENGLISH"

@iamisom quote:

Update:  We're still finalizing all of the technical hurdles to getting a large number of players into the test. We're now looking at next week for testing. We'll have more information next week!

Any info on how we can be part of the testing? Searched the thread but have not seen any info on this.

Thanks.