Sign in to follow this  
Doctor_neo

Progression into Nightmare.... too easy??

I have been reading the forums a lot since I started playing DD2 and from what I could tell Nightmare was meant to be.. well.. a Nightmare!

I prepared myself, i grinded one of each hero class to 50, and got them all to iPwr 150 as is possible on hard mode.

I might now be ready I thought, I'll give it a shot!

I could solo The Gates of Dragonfall while staying on my builders on my first attempt.. I called a friend in and repeated this map.

He has always been a little ambitious, so we tried it on NM2, me on my builder and him on a DPS huntress. It still wasn't a huge struggle so we jumped into LifeRoot on NM2. After doing that twice (swapping who was on DPS, so we both had basic gear) he gets a purge evil staff. We hear its meant to be amazing so try NM2 again and discover its really not that hard at all now. Up we go to NM3.

Within 5 maps of starting NM1 we had cleared NM3 Liferoot... We aren't even following the meta.

Our primary builder is Squire, built for Defense Power! Cannonballs are firing left right and centre, the same squire is building the barricades! They are only about 70k at level 1.

For magical damage we are using Flameburst towers, electric and serenity auras. Not a trap in sight!

Is Nightmare 4 significantly harder than NM3? or can I expect to be doing NM4 in about 3 more maps?

I'm expecting i'll have to get a second Squire, focused on walling, for NM4, but unless there is different enemy types, its all just about bigger numbers, which don't seem to be a problem!

nightmare 1-3 is a cake walk if you use meta and farm the right gear along the way.

NM4 is completely different. Only gates and liferoot are easily farmable after u get some decent gear. The rest of the maps are very hard unless you have top 1% gear. (solo)

NM4 is a pretty big leap up from NM3. Significantly more than 1>2 and 2>3. But yes, your experience was more or less the same as mine. Seemed easier to progress than it should've been.

@xCrispy quote:

...Seemed easier to progress than it should've been.

At least i'm not the only.
I guess proper preparation before moving into Nightmare has skewed my opinion a bit, but I didn't see any other way to survive. Turning up with just a Huntress and relying on other people was never going to work...

@Pegazul quote:

nightmare 1-3 is a cake walk if you use meta and farm the right gear along the way.

We weren't even following the Meta, just building how I saw fit. <3 me some cannonball defense.

NM was hard before SAS and the gift of DPS multi shot.

Count yourself fortunate or maybe unfortunate that things are now as they, I dropped into a game NM4 on Graystone Plaza with random players to me and we cleared it with DPS huntresses in wave.

Looks like some balancing or further difficulty levels are required for people in end game.

Nightmare in DD2 is a joke compared to DD1's nightmare. But hopefully that will change in the future when its getting closer to full release.

Well it is easy. It was abit more challenging before, but to many people complained that it was to hard, that's why the devs made it easier again. Don't expect much that there will be ever a big challenge here.

One of the more challenging and fun maps were the halloween maps on nm4 tho. Special if the lanes where with mixed resistence.