Sign in to follow this  
Gordon Freeman

Monk melee attack unwieldy

The monk is fun to play and I like the feel of the melee attack. However the attack tends to drive me too far in a direction. I wish it were possible to more easily change direction. It's possible that this is based on the staff being used as I am currently only level 22 and have little experience with other staves. Yet if it is the same for all monk weapons then I see this as being an issue. Having the attack drive me in a specific direction without being able to change direction often leaves me out of place or missing out on potential damage. You all having same experience?

They just need to make an option to disable forward step on melee attacks. Which is what several of us have been asking for.

Thanks for the feedback! I personally agree with you: there have been a couple of times where I melee'd myself right off the edge of a cliff. 

I'll be passing this on to the Design/Production teams. Hopefully they can sneak it into a future hotfix!

I wish there would be the option to not have to move forward when melee attacking. Please give us this option or at least make the movement a lot less noticeable and difficult to control.