Sign in to follow this  
Squishydew

Why has legacy frosty gear still not been nerfed?

I'm in a match right now with someone that has 129%, while in current gear we cap out at like 40 or 50%

They've been getting a massive advantage for quite some time now, and it seems grossly unfair, these are the kinds of things i feel should be hotfixed, not just linger around.

i feel like they left it in to reward people who alpha alpha tested for them

i think it's fine, until the game goes into beta it doesn't really matter.  just don't take these people's opinions about how difficult the game is because they have skewed perceptions

Legacy comes from those who defended Etheria while others were elsewhere. Etheria needs to protected by any means on disposal. I believe that you are (OP) agent of Old Ones and as such I will frost you as soon as I lay my frost upon you.

Viva Etheria!

Heh, maybe.

They spend so much time fixing bugs the inept programmer puts into this game. The game is moving almost as slow as duke forever.

@mokn quote:

Heh, maybe.

They spend so much time fixing bugs the inept programmer puts into this game. The game is moving almost as slow as duke forever.

Rude.  Most programmers (if not all) program without intent of bugs.  Bugs incur when multiple interactions of the program result in an unexpected solution, or when the new portions clash with old portions.

@mokn quote:

Heh, maybe.

It's impossible to program something without bugs happening. The bigger the code the more bugs youre going to experience. Id love to see you code a game and release it to 100k+ people and have your game bug free. Come back when you do because youll be the greatest programmer in the world at that point.....oh wait youre just a nobody that doesnt know anything when it comes to programming.

@Arcflare quote:

@mokn quote:

Heh, maybe.

It's impossible to program something without bugs happening. The bigger the code the more bugs youre going to experience. Id love to see you code a game and release it to 100k+ people and have your game bug free. Come back when you do because youll be the greatest programmer in the world at that point.....oh wait youre just a nobody that doesnt know anything when it comes to programming.

I buy a lot of early access games on steam, so i don't need to program my own game. I'm making a comparison to other games. This programmer isn't very good. 

This is a great point about legacy gear and one that i will be bringing up to our design team. 

That being said, let's remember to keep conversations constructive, and above all, civil. Personal insults to each other or to Trendy employees is a violation of our forum policies. 

Thank you for the feedback, Defenders!

@mokn quote:

@Arcflare quote:

@mokn quote:

Heh, maybe.

I buy a lot of early access games on steam, so i don't need to program my own game. I'm making a comparison to other games. This programmer isn't very good. 

Most of the early access games i have seen were crap, not to talk about all those that never were finished. DD2 is way better than most.

On topic: goodbye my old shoes with 38 % frosty power :)

@ram1024 quote:

That kind of ignores the way it actually happened.  It was announced that all gear higher than ilvl 240 would be replaced with random ipwr 240 gear.  The only item features that would be preserved where item type (boots, gloves...) and item quality (legendary, mythic...).  There was a lot of messaging to assure people that this wouldn't be a big deal since people would quickly replace the 240 gear as they jumped right back into nm1. 

That was what was supposed to happen.  What actually happened is that the people who took the devs at their word got shafted.  A large segment of the population found themselves in unusable gear sets and had to go back to freeplay hard to farm up gear that was usable to start nightmare progression again.  On the flip-side, the people who ignored the devs and farmed perfect sets of ipwr 240 gear to carry into the rollback where rewarded with powerful items that are, to this day, impossible to replace.

This is not how you reward people for testing.  There isn't anything quite so demotivating in a game than realizing that, no matter how much time and effort you expend, you will never be as powerful as the guy standing next to you.

I have read other posts like this and never do they report any +PWR numbers and people just get angry because 129% > 50% without thinking what that does to the rest of the gear stats. I think people hear legacy and don't understand that they are really low level gear.

My formula for power creep:
** Assume weapon and trinket can get 2xDefPWR of armour

For an increase in item iPWR resulting in 100 DefPWR on armour:
150% * 200 = 300 effective power increase

vs

50% * (200*2 + 5*100) = 450

TLDR: even if someones set is better than NM4 (I have never seen numbers showing how much better theoretical is)

@I_PASS_BUTTER quote:

will be bringing up to our design team. 

When you mention it to the design team can you get them to check:

1. Is there any way to find out who has the best legacy Frosty Power set (Frosty% x DefencePower) and compare it to the current max theoretical?
2. Would there any way to restrict trading on legacy gear (for when trading finally gets implemented

For reference - I sold off my 2 legacy pieces about 2 weeks after wipeageddon, so removing the gear wouldn't affect me. That said I don't really see how other people having it affects me either.

@Zuqual quote:

@ram1024 quote:

That kind of ignores the way it actually happened.  It was announced that all gear higher than ilvl 240 would be replaced with random ipwr 240 gear.  The only item features that would be preserved where item type (boots, gloves...) and item quality (legendary, mythic...).  There was a lot of messaging to assure people that this wouldn't be a big deal since people would quickly replace the 240 gear as they jumped right back into nm1. 

That was what was supposed to happen.  What actually happened is that the people who took the devs at their word got shafted.  A large segment of the population found themselves in unusable gear sets and had to go back to freeplay hard to farm up gear that was usable to start nightmare progression again.  On the flip-side, the people who ignored the devs and farmed perfect sets of ipwr 240 gear to carry into the rollback where rewarded with powerful items that are, to this day, impossible to replace.

This is not how you reward people for testing.  There isn't anything quite so demotivating in a game than realizing that, no matter how much time and effort you expend, you will never be as powerful as the guy standing next to you.

I agree, take ny boots Trendy. I honestly don't mind one bit.

@Zuqual quote:

There isn't anything quite so demotivating in a game than realizing that, no matter how much time and effort you expend, you will never be as powerful as the guy standing next to you.

okay they rewarded people who alpha tested and ignored them

but really it's not a competitive game, so it doesn't matter if the guy next to you is better than you.  say in diablo 3 there's a competitive ladder and people are trying to make it to the top for bragging rights or whatever it is these people look for.  they stay awake for 60 hours at a stretch grinding the same thing over and over that they've found to give the maximum xp

to these people anyone with an unfair advantage is sacrilege and an outrage of the highest caliber

but in this game with no ladder and no benefits whatsoever to competing with people it means absolutely nothing

@ram1024 quote:

@Zuqual quote:

There isn't anything quite so demotivating in a game than realizing that, no matter how much time and effort you expend, you will never be as powerful as the guy standing next to you.

okay they rewarded people who alpha tested and ignored them

but really it's not a competitive game, so it doesn't matter if the guy next to you is better than you.  say in diablo 3 there's a competitive ladder and people are trying to make it to the top for bragging rights or whatever it is these people look for.  they stay awake for 60 hours at a stretch grinding the same thing over and over that they've found to give the maximum xp

to these people anyone with an unfair advantage is sacrilege and an outrage of the highest caliber

but in this game with no ladder and no benefits whatsoever to competing with people it means absolutely nothing

Leader boards have been said to be on the to do list. I hope this is fixed before that.