Pet lvling needs to change

I myself have gotten 5 pets past lvl 10 and 1 almost 2 past lvl 25, but the problem is each character needs it's own pet and It took 5 maxed lvl chars and more playing to get lvl 26, 23, 17, 14 and 11 for pets. That is crazy. Would it take 15 max lvl chars to even get 5 of them a max lvl pet? Would it take another 100-150 more maps when I am already moving towards NM4 mid lvl gear and soon max gear in game?

It currently takes 7 waves to lvl a pet 1 affection lvl. It should take closer to 3 as that way a max lvl character would be much closer to having a max lvl pet and a bit of extra work to get those extra levels on the pet. This is saying you keep 1 pet per char and never want to use a different one which means less trendy money and choice for us too.

well for me I have, 35/45, 32/45, 14/25, 11/25, I have 4 chars. So what lvl is pet max then?

I am currently farming NM2, haven't managed to do a full map in NM3 yet.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Pets are a subject of heated debate around here, and we are definitely trying to find the right balance in regards to leveling them up and their actual gameplay  feel

I'll be passing these points along to the Design team. More fodder for debate!

Fodder is needed so you can keep things interesting though! :D
But yes- the leveling for pets in End Game is rather clunky atm if you ask me

@I_PASS_BUTTER quote:

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Pets are a subject of heated debate around here, and we are definitely trying to find the right balance in regards to leveling them up and their actual gameplay  feel

I'll be passing these points along to the Design team. More fodder for debate!

Please ask the design team to go play DD1 for a few hours.

Then with that fresh perspective they can look at the decisions that have been made in DD2.

To me pet leveling from 0-->60 is notably too slow. I'll summarize my experience and background below

BACKGROUND

3 pets 0-->60

1 pet 0-->45

3 pets 0-->25

5 pets 0-->10

This is just what is currently in my pet bag. I am sure I have leveled a few others along the way as well as sold / deleted some.

EXPERIENCE LEVELING

0-->10 Seems just about right. You level a bit it's not instant but you progress to a goal and the goal is reached fairly quickly. It feels rewarding. I'm tempted to say a little too rewarding but given the fact that it's the first evolution it's just right.

11-->25 Takes quite a while. Now you still make progress towards a goal but given whats ahead it seems like a little much.

26-->45 Now this is the one that's a real pain. I feel like pet leveling would feel spot on if this were the final level and you'd have a max pet after but given that there is another 15 levels after this it's just too long.

46-->60 Going from 0-->45 has been time consuming and a lot of work. These last 15 levels make it no fun.

I have resorted to running Onslaught but even given how little effort it is and relatively speaking how much you get out of one build leveling pets seems very slow. I can't imagine how painfully slow it would feel if I were to run actual End Game levels or content and not just stuff I blitz through with ease.

• 2 weeks later...

max is 60. 

I played 1 month my squire builder in nm4 inc, and he just reached level 60 yesterday. 

ok it takes too much time to get to 60, but once ur pet is 60 he will no longer evolve. 

so, if u have a perfect pet with perfect stats, why should it be fast to level it.