Spooky Secret Discovered!

For reference, here's a proof-of-concept video recorded by Kaptain.

WE GOT IT GUYS!

Credit goes to Con.rar, Kaptain, and Spy_Master who helped me with this. Couldn't have done it without you guys! Here's a step-by-step tutorial of what we did to unlock the secret. Some of these steps may be unnecessary, but best to do them in case you accidentally omit something important.

1. Open up the Necrotic Temple map. We did Spooky difficulty for this, but we also tried Scaredy Gato for the recording and it worked as well. I would guess the difficulty is irrelevant.
2. Play the map up until the build round for wave six. At this point, gather everyone around the Holy Relic. If you want, make sure each person is a different class; not sure if this is necessary, but it’s what we did and it worked.
3. Make sure everyone has the holy aura and proceed to the roof of the temple. I doubt this step is necessary, but if you want to make sure this works I would do it as well.
4. There are four pillars that constitute the building that encloses the shrine. Have each person stand on a pillar until every pillar is accounted for.
5. Ready up and start the wave. At this point, the text “Uhhh…Ohh….” should appear, and all of the four skeleton heroes should spawn.

22jm1e.

There may be more to this secret, but that’s all that we’ve discovered. Props to the devs for hiding this in the game and bringing the community together to find it out. it's likely that there are secrets to the other waves, but the activation is probably the same. Don't wait for us, though, try it and see for yourselves! :)

EDIT: lforty and Badman have confirmed that by using the same activation sequence on wave seven, you can get a dark version of the Maldonis to appear. No confirmation as to the other waves.

It looks like the Spooky maps have been taken down for the time being. We'll have to wait until they go back up to test the other waves. :(

Hey Diamond I'm here to congratulate u on finding the secret. We found it too, but I give u a thumbs up for finding sooner ;)

@Badman quote:

Hey Diamond I'm here to congratulate u on finding the secret. We found it too, but I give u a thumbs up for finding sooner ;)

Congrats! I was hoping other people would discover it and hopefully find out more as well. That's why I posted it, haha. Another guy on the forums said that he was able to make a different event occur by using the same activation sequence on wave seven. Did this happen for you? We only tested wave six, and we weren't able to test the others before the maps were taken down. I would add it to the tutorial, but I want to make sure I'm not spreading misinformation.

@Badman quote:

Do u know what's up with the obsession with that house or church in the background 

It involves using an out-of-map glitch. I don't think this is the secret the devs were hinting at, but it could be another one. I doubt it, though, out-of-map glitches are generally regarded as bugs. Seems strange they would hide a secret there. Regardless, I wasn't able to reach the house. :(

Yeah I think people care to much about it either way, but the amount of detail they put into uncommonly seen things is insane.

I also believe that the stubby pedestal u spawn on was going to summon something. I highly doubt this but is it a secret?

@Badman quote:

I also believe that the stubby pedestal u spawn on was going to summon something. I highly doubt this but is it a secret?

I haven't found any secret related to the pedestal, but I've heard a few people mention it. Something to try out. :)

It's more of a theory more than anything, but  just rembeed the 4 standing points around the base of the dome on the right side of the map.

To anyone reading this thread, the secret is still not over! We still need to discover how to do it individually, and we don't have confirmation as to whether there are more events that can be activated on waves one through five. As to how to solo it, I think it has to do with the tones that play when you switch characters. My testing hasn't yielded any fruit, though. Perhaps it's as simple as having one player jumping on each of the pillars, haha. I'll test out waves one to five as soon as the map goes back online and I can get my team back together.

@Diamond Doge quote:

To anyone reading this thread, the secret is still not over! We still need to discover how to do it individually, and we don't have confirmation as to whether there are more events that can be activated on waves one through five. As to how to solo it, I think it has to do with the tones that play when you switch characters. My testing hasn't yielded any fruit, though. I'll test out waves one to five as soon as the map goes back online and I can get my team back together.

I completely agree with his statement. We have found 2 secrets recently just because we were given clues during the dev stream. Think about it when u spawn u could be standing on the individual actually vat ion point. We know very little yet we have discovered a lot. 

@Badman quote:

We have found 2 secrets recently just because we were given clues during the dev stream.

And the discovery were found minutes before the maps closed xD