Love DD2, went back to DD1, BIG MISTAKE!

My pride and joy in DD1 was my Summoner. I made him one of the strongest, if not the strongest out there and just kept on improving him.

He's my fav character and it really doesn't feel like Dungeon Defenders with out him.

I don't care if the Hero Deck is still limited on his release. He will be mandatory in my deck.

I'm bringing him everywhere and I'm going to farm the *** out of his gear to get it as close to perfection as possible.

All amazing points. I realize that DD2 is a different game, but a lot of the best parts of DD1 are being left out and forgotten. :( Why not keep the things that made DD1 so awesome and just expand upon them? I agree with every point made other than maybe #5. I like the gold/mana separation.

@DrumMajor012210 quote:

All amazing points. I realize that DD2 is a different game, but a lot of the best parts of DD1 are being left out and forgotten. :( Why not keep the things that made DD1 so awesome and just expand upon them? I agree with every point made other than maybe #5. I like the gold/mana separation.

As long as they leave out the broken RNG loot that requires you to farm over 1,000 hours on the same map.  

@JCourtney quote:
@DrumMajor012210 quote:

As long as they leave out the broken RNG loot that requires you to farm over 1,000 hours on the same map.  

Its being worked on.  But if you want to give the issue some more visibility, feel free to show off all of that garbage over on this thread.

Concerning the review I think a realy important point is missed entirely : you don't HAVE to play new content.

I was myself pissed with not being able to really enter NM so ... I keep playing insane !

In fact I even had fun restarting with soe fresh Hero or simply running the campaign again with only one class.

It brought me to wanting to modd the game engin BTW ... Trying to fix the RNG or, rather to fit it to my taste.

Only other game which made me want (and allow ...) to do it was Diablo .

One of y main current grip with DunDef  is clearly the Hero Deck for solo. It really kills the creativity, IMHO. Sure you can sorta get over this by polying Multi but, let's face it, you are rarely going to EXPERIMENT in multi, Once you heard several "Why do you use Canon, you n00b ?!?" you jut get back to test on solo ... And get limited by the Deck (you can't test different settings on each lane, for example)

It also currently lack enough variety in map IMHO. Basically I see it as : 4 or 6 lane, boss. that's it. Incursion and Onmsaught could help improve the experience. But Onslaught isn't quite working right at the moment I think. Also Incursion woul be nice if they were like challenge with very specific design. Sure, each map have a different type of enemy focus. But I never had to really adjust my layout fpr those.

BTW, in case Trendy read this, I will be REALLY willing to buy a few more Hero slot if I could use, say, a Frost + Knocky Earth Mage without having to drop something else from my active deck *hint hint*

So let's finish with original topic list of issue. Yeah I'm chronologicaly impaired XD

1. Pigeon-holing of heroes : Agreed. See above about the difficulty to get creative which doesn't help getting out of the hole ...

2. I hit NM 1 and saw a 75% magic defense lane : I don't really agree on this one. I actually like how I had to use different class. Untill I saw Huntress coudl basically cover everytthing ... It woudl have been nice if we Squire could have been the one covering mag resist lane the best ...

3. Gear : No range or speed stats on gear : Don't really bother me. In fact I liek how Sphere/Item Skill cover this. Limiting Speed and range is ine by me. In fact it's one of teh GOOD thing in DD2.

4. Gear drops : 5+ runs with no def power drops, and hybrid gear sucks. I know there will be a "crafting" system in the future, so I won't harp on this one so much : agree on this. Crafting need to get really better to cover this.

It become especially true since I don't really see how to enter NM4 without being carried. With mean only DPS for quite some time. And not even being that useful in dong this either ... :/

5. Money / tokens/pets. : doesn't agree. Not only does it get well with the idea of F2P (I don't like F2P but its fits this anyway) but it alos giev incetive to do daily/monthly. And also offer various possibility if you focus on token or gold.

Th concept could in fact be EXPANDED I think ^^

6. Maps : +25, sadly

7. Monks suck : Yes and no. I like how is AA Tower give a really unique edge (but at a DU price) the new Elec range fit the new map design well. Also Seren become good with some item skill. I gues it shoudl have been done through Uber/Large spehre, though. Cause using Seren isn't a good idea untill you get a weapon you have no reason to know of in the first place ... really dependent on getting a good stats combo on it, too.

8. Matchmaking : Doesn't use it, can't comment on it.

9. Should be an ability for people to skip the campaign and power level people : mixed feelin on this one. My main grip is the lack of XP outside of Freeplay. not really for powerlevelling but just levelling an lat without any chance for high drop for the other Hero is kinda meh. it coudl also be really boring farmin two or three map withotu no real challenge in them since you are just dropping overkill defence on them.

Another thing which somehow relate : having to play a specific class to get item really hurt even more than in DD1 since all item become somehow class specific (I don't see me using an item with generic skill in Endgame) basically I can't finish map  without my DPS Huntress for the moment. Also doesn't help finding varied layout since my Traptress is one step further than my other builder anyway as a consequence of this ... Again being carried with a crappy Monk DPS untill he get decently geared make me feel bad.

I spent less real money on DD1 than I have on DD2. And DD2 'supposedly' hasn't even been finished or 'released' yet. Whatever that  means. 

I would love to spend more time on DD2 but I have zero confidence that the time spent will be worth it. It seems as though nothing works properly. And the more things they add the more things go wrong.    

I thought the idea of doing a sequel was to make better, improve, increase and embellish.  And it is a sequel, otherwise it wouldn't be called DD'2'. 

So far I feel disappointed and angry that I have had to pay for the privilege. It's as though there are totally different DEVS on DD2. Did they learn nothing on DD1 or are they just money grabbers after all? I hope not. 

@euromikeym quote:

I spent less real money on DD1 than I have on DD2. And DD2 'supposedly' hasn't even been finished or 'released' yet. Whatever that  means. 

I would love to spend more time on DD2 but I have zero confidence that the time spent will be worth it. It seems as though nothing works properly. And the more things they add the more things go wrong.    

I thought the idea of doing a sequel was to make better, improve, increase and embellish.  And it is a sequel, otherwise it wouldn't be called DD'2'. 

So far I feel disappointed and angry that I have had to pay for the privilege. It's as though there are totally different DEVS on DD2. Did they learn nothing on DD1 or are they just money grabbers after all? I hope not. 

Entire core game features are missing or incomplete right now.  They weren't lying about the alpha part.  I just wish they would have kept it closed for much longer.  This game wasn't ready for the masses at all.  

@JCourtney quote:

@euromikeym quote:

Entire core game features are missing or incomplete right now.  They weren't lying about the alpha part.  I just wish they would have kept it closed for much longer.  This game wasn't ready for the masses at all.  

Missing a point... this way, with many players around, they can do proper further development of needed features. Cheers!

@MamaTata quote:

@JCourtney quote:

@euromikeym quote:

Missing a point... this way, with many players around, they can do proper further development of needed features. Cheers!

Nah, I think you mean they can be divided trying to pump out new level/boss content fast enough to keep the free to play kiddies around.