Sign in to follow this  
Luthe

Remove Level requirement for gear

Why is it that I can farm gear that I cannot use... yes this is a early game issue but it adds irritation before people get to the end game content.

it's something that should change, but not in the way you're suggesting

the level requirements on gear are there to prevent people from getting free gear they didn't earn, usually by leeching in games of higher level people

what needs to happen is the game should ONLY ever drop items that are at maximum 1 level above your character level

from there loot also needs to be throttled based on player contribution, so that leeching becomes a huge waste of time for the people doing it

@ram1024 quote:

the level requirements on gear are there to prevent people from getting free gear they didn't earn, usually by leeching in games of higher level people

what needs to happen is the game should ONLY ever drop items that are at maximum 1 level above your character level

from there loot also needs to be throttled based on player contribution, so that leeching becomes a huge waste of time for the people doing it

Just no. Leeching can be easily prevented by just putting ipwr requirements in matchmaking and fixing ipwr of mythical/legendary tier gear so it at least lines up with minimum ipwr requirements. A system like youre proposing would hurt people because if someone decides they want to build everything all the others can hope is that their DPS will allow them to have decent drops.

Also if the game only ever dropped gear 1 level above your heroes level that you are currently in the wave with it would ruin someone solo power leveling their heroes and having gear set up for when they reach the appropriate level they are aiming for.

you wouldn't be able to "build everything".  defense units would be split

and your second point makes no sense

@ram1024 quote:

Couldn't agree more.

@ram1024 quote:

It's not always "leeching". What if I want to help a friend get geared up?

What if I have perfectly good builders in my deck but it turns out I end up playing with someone who has better?

1. you can help your friend by joining a game his level and putting down your stupidly overpowered towers

2. then don't build?

@ram1024 quote:

1. you can help your friend by joining a game his level and putting down your stupidly overpowered towers

2. then don't build?

Which takes quite a bit of time.

I should have clarified. I usually bring 4 builders because I simply have to.

i still don't see your point.  a loot throttle doesn't prevent you from attacking things even as a builder that didn't build.  if your damage is EXCEPTIONALLY bad, like to the point where you're actually a detriment to the team and causing the team to fail the map then yes, your loot will be throttled as it should be

@Luthe quote:

Why is it that I can farm gear that I cannot use... yes this is a early game issue but it adds irritation before people get to the end game content.

This is not an "early game" issue. This was an issue solely based in the events in my opinion. Almost all the gear you get from the campaign, and free play*, is pretty close to the level you would be if you did every quest and mission.

* With free play, if someone just completes the campaign and jumps into Freeplay - Hard Throne room and then complains about not being able to use the gear, I am sorry; but it is your fault. Do not play content above your level, it's that simple.

Removing level restrictions would of allowed a level 1 character to be wearing level 50 gear because of the event, that would be one of the worst decisions ever. I understand you are frustrated, but you can get from 1 - 50 in probably 6 hours of slow paced playing. You can get from 1 - 38 (the maximum level of gear in free play) in probably 2-3 hours of slow paced leveling.

@SalaamNope quote:
@Luthe quote:

This is not an "early game" issue. This was an issue solely based in the events in my opinion. Almost all the gear you get from the campaign, and free play*, is pretty close to the level you would be if you did every quest and mission.

* With free play, if someone just completes the campaign and jumps into Freeplay - Hard Throne room and then complains about not being able to use the gear, I am sorry; but it is your fault. Do not play content above your level, it's that simple.

Removing level restrictions would of allowed a level 1 character to be wearing level 50 gear because of the event, that would be one of the worst decisions ever. I understand you are frustrated, but you can get from 1 - 50 in probably 6 hours of slow paced playing. You can get from 1 - 38 (the maximum level of gear in free play) in probably 2-3 hours of slow paced leveling.

The late game does not have this problem because all the gear in the NM realms are level 50.  The early game is plagued by getting gear well before you can use it if you enjoy a challenge. Freeplay hard, the Gates of Dragonfall, is possible with a level 16 squire with crap for gear and gives level 28 gear.  Perhaps the answer is to tweak the general difficulty of the game.

@SalaamNope quote:
Do not play content above your level, it's that simple.

yeah no that's not how games work.  you're supposed to play content above your level if you want a challenge and you're supposed to be suitably rewarded for doing so by getting better gear as an incentive for taking the challenge

I think there is a huge gap in requirements on armor personally.  What I find is that some requires level 17 then the next jump I saw was 26 - 29.  So here I am as a level 17 getting level 29 armor.   Maybe their needs to be less of a jump in level requirements.  (just a suggestion)