Sign in to follow this  
Ajido

Frostbite Towers Emit a Cloud of Frost Around Them When Firing

The meta is pretty stale right now, partially because Frostbite Towers are only effective with Traps/Auras, due to the empowering frost cloud appearing wherever the enemy is being slowed. I propose that when Frostbite Towers fires, a similar frost cloud emanates around the tower itself, so that you could use the Apprentice's Frosty Power build to strengths back line towers.

If balance is an issue, you could have Frosty Power be X% effective where the beam is being fired, and Y% effective around the base of the tower.

@RedL1ne quote:

Seems u r new here =)

Smth like this  system was ingame, but removed later.

Yep I am new, was it too OP or something? My suggestion included different scaling for the cloud emitted by the tower, cause I figured it'd be too strong.

@Ajido quote:

@RedL1ne quote:

Seems u r new here =)

Smth like this  system was ingame, but removed later.

Yep I am new, was it too OP or something? My suggestion included different scaling for the cloud emitted by the tower, cause I figured it'd be too strong.

Link  i miss that time...

The idea doesn't need to be completely scrapped, it could just be tweaked/improved upon. If a tower is affected by one instance of Frostbite/Frosty Power, it gets +X Defense Power. Two Frostbite Towers overlapping could be 1.5X Defense Power, three 1.75X just as an example, the numbers would obviously need tweaking and looking at.

There needs to be a way to buff back line towers to keep them on par with the Frosty Power/Trap combo, otherwise you get this stale meta we have now where one strategy works in NM4 and that's it. I've seen one or two videos of people beating it without the usual combo, but those were people who already farmed the hell out of NM4 with the combination of Frosty Power/Trap.

So, one frostbite tower(frosty power of total about 40%) the aura around it will be 1/4(10%) and two towers it will be 2/4(20%) going by how the frosty power this is now and the frost fire(about 80) bonus will be with one 1/4(20) and so on

but there are monks boost auras but they dont provide any slows, just defense power boost and damage protection to the towers in it and with the sphere barricades get 25% more health, but so far ive found it better to place another flameburst tower or 2 traps. The aura just costs more then what its worth, putting it around 30 seems more reasonable.