Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie

Seriously Trendy how much coding to open 5th slot?

OK hand on heart I am no coder but how much effort would it be to open the Holy Grail of DD2 that is the 5th hero slot.

1 vote for here.

It's not hard at all, they are just afraid of increasing the slot to 5 and having that as the new meta, until something else surfaces and people want 6 hero's in the deck.

Which is most certainly going to happen.

The HD was supposed to encourage you to play with random players right? too bad it has done the opposite for me and now I refuse to play any with any randoms.

Only people from here or friends I know.

You know competent people.

Trendy's system can't fix humanity.
It's suppose to help garnish the feelings of co-operation, but fails miserably when people don't want to be nice people, and would rather be carried. :(

where it stands its more of a ui thing, it should be relatively easy. someone in the graphics dep would need to redesign the inventory tab. Then another to input minimal code. 

The problem is adding more deck slots makes team play near pointless. people can already solo every map, so now youre just making it even more likely so solo everymap. 

without deck slots its either carry or be carried. with deck slots there is actually a possibility of teamwork. Either way it's debated to death and this should be in suggestions anyways. 

Put simply sometimes what the community wants isn't always the best thing for the game. Half these ideas i see are so shortsighted they are only looking for what is fun now, and not at the future of the game. it reminds me of this video which shows what would happen if wow fans got to make wow. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbT-cW8Zb7o

More work than you'd think.  The first step is to actually implement all the in game and back end functionality. That may not be a huge ordeal by itself, but then they need to have artists and ui designers work on updating the menu. Afterwards it needs to go through hours of playtesting to make sure it doesn't somehow break something else. All that for a "solution" that is really just a temporary bandaid that may not even fix the issue.

@chaosparadox quote:

where it stands its more of a ui thing, it should be relatively easy. someone in the graphics dep would need to redesign the inventory tab. Then another to input minimal code. 

The problem is adding more deck slots makes team play near pointless. people can already solo every map, so now youre just making it even more likely so solo everymap. 

without deck slots its either carry or be carried. with deck slots there is actually a possibility of teamwork. Either way it's debated to death and this should be in suggestions anyways. 

Put simply sometimes what the community wants isn't always the best thing for the game. Half these ideas i see are so shortsighted they are only looking for what is fun now, and not at the future of the game. it reminds me of this video which shows what would happen if wow fans got to make wow. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbT-cW8Zb7o

It won't be any different than it is now. It will still be 10%of the players come ready to play and 90% come ready to "zomg do you even lift bro" DPS. It just makes it more enjoyable for those that find out they have to do all the work. 

A bit spoiled with the notion of Community Feedback I see.

You can't take for granted that everyone should act upon your own opinions.

@Chappyy quote:

@chaosparadox quote:

It won't be any different than it is now. It will still be 10%of the players come ready to play and 90% come ready to "zomg do you even lift bro" DPS. It just makes it more enjoyable for those that find out they have to do all the work. 

If I could I'd kick them, but you can't keep them when they're the 3 out of 4 in the group.

Given the number of times where I've been the only builders I can't help but imagine that most matches end when they realize that there isn't a single builder on the map.

They need to allow us to see other people's decks with at least iPwr indicated.

If "Press G = auto kick" is part of the accepted meta, I don't see why "3 chars or GTFO" couldn't in Endgame.

They don't even have a damn DPS App, or Tank Squire.

This 10/10

@Kaimera quote:

More work than you'd think.  The first step is to actually implement all the in game and back end functionality. That may not be a huge ordeal by itself, but then they need to have artists and ui designers work on updating the menu. Afterwards it needs to go through hours of playtesting to make sure it doesn't somehow break something else. All that for a "solution" that is really just a temporary bandaid that may not even fix the issue.

Even a small change in a game can make a huge difference and in that case even then it looks like.

All the process to just change it and test it would probably cost 1-3 weeks, but that aint the only reason why it isn't done too. I don't know if you can get the 5th character for free too, or does the 5th already cost gems? I have 9 and it is so long ago that i buyed it. So changing this reklessly would also force to change this in order to still stay f2p and not p2w kinda. Which means even more coding and testing which will take alot more time because it is money which is involved.

We need 6, 4 builders and 2 DPS, one app and one huntress. Let us switch during combat to cover both resist lane types.

They said they won't do it for ages, just vote with your money and stop playing and buying items.

The players are now hovering around 6-8k, it was 4.5k during closed for a month period. Maybe when it drops below closed beta they'll do something about it.

The issue is not how many slots we need but a method to do it. When you ask for 5 you will then ask for 6 and more chars being added would just keep having this happen. It's not a solution. The problem is NOT with how many slots you need but how the difficulty works in game.

Well i think that a 5th slot should really be available and it wont affect the gameplay, simply because u may have 5 chars but you are allowed to have only 4 of them 'with you', 'in the map'.
So the idea of teamplay will be the same, you will still need to decide what char to bring for your group to make it, but at the same time you will be able to solo maps as well.

I know its money involved but they could at least give some gems somehow, by a really hard achievement or something.. I mean to make the 5th slot purchasable with in game effort.

I currently have 325 gems and i m hoping for some X-mas event to get some more so i could buy the 5th slot.
I enjoy playing with others, but it's a pity having all nm4 gear and not be able to solo nm2+ because you cant build magic resist lanes.. I dont wanna delete my monk to get 2nd huntress.
This should really be changed.

Summing up my suggestions:
1. 5 char slots but 4 deck slots as it is (=wotn affect teamplay but will boost solo)
2. Ingame event/achievement that will get you some gems you need to purchase either char slot or bag slots.
There are the costumes for those who want to be different and pay in games. 

From my point of view the game as it is, is not f2p but pay to win, since u cant solo without 2nd hunt.!