So a friend and I want to start playing DD2 again, we havent played it in ages. 

We were wondering what classes you would recommend for 2 friends progressing together? 

@Drunkstain quote:

So a friend and I want to start playing DD2 again, we havent played it in ages. 

We were wondering what classes you would recommend for 2 friends progressing together? 

At higher level end-game there really is no 2 hero meta, however for campaign and normal gameplay with a friend I recommend one friend having a Squire with Defense Health and Defense Power for barricades and physical damage cannons, and the other friend having an Apprentice with Defense Power and Hero Damage for magic damage and DPS. They make a pretty decent combo. However, I never recommend sticking to just one meta, as part of the joy of the game is that there are tons of combos to use. 

Maybe each of you level up two hereos each at the same time and have fun experimenting would be even more enjoyable. 

The current meta (best working, still other choices) on end game is:
- Squire with thealth and hhealt + hearty blockades passive -> barricades
- Apprentice with tdmg, legendary weapon with frosty passive and gear with the passive

- Huntress with tdmg and elemental chaos uber sphere 

- and dps huntress with a bow with 4/s atk rate -> helps a lot

- Monk is optional but good to have -> air defense, serenity aura and blockade health boost with sphere

the easiest way end game is to go on first map, or second or liferoot or smth:

- build walls on every lane

- behind them some frost towers

- and in front of them traps (on physical resist lanes elemental chaos uber traps and on magic resist lanes the normal ones)

- build boost aura from monk in front of wall so it hits it (with sphere gives +25% health), air defense behind your walls to get rid of this flying **** and optional sereinty auras for heal and for dmg (with purge evil passive legendary monk weapon)
- in round use dps huntress with uber sphere sticky grenades

Just some ideas for your :p

This tactic allows me to nearly solo nm4 with not that great gear :x

You will end up lvling more characters anyways (best way is on free play hard throne room), so like the guy before posted just start with squire and apprentice, because they will carry u through campaign and free play very easy. Optional make a monk instead of apprentice -> air defense will help a lot and lightning auras are decent in front of walls to pair with some canons (on campaign and free play, resistances arent that strong to look for them)

Hope I could've helped you at some point :>

Thanks for the replies guys, I started a huntress and he went apprentice. After you said theres no real meta for 2s, we just decided to make some guys that we both wanted. 

Any advice for someone who wants to be hero damage hunter? That seems like fun to me!

Squire towers with DPS Huntress.

This will carry you through the whole campaign.

You can worry about special builders when you get to Nightmare difficulty.