Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Questions for Devstream 45

Have a question for Trendy? Ask away in this thread, and we'll do our best to answer them on the Devstream on Friday, November 13th at 5PM EST. Please follow the format below. We will select 5-10 long-form questions and as many lightning round questions as we can to answer on the Devstream.

Format:

Two questions that you would like to get a longer answer on. As many questions as you would like to get a yes/no on. Please mark these as "Lightning" at the beginning of the question. (For example, "Lightning:  Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?")

Lightning: When will the most recent caption contest end? :)

Lightning: Will future map secrets involve more of a breadcrumb hidden item style rather than an obscure unlock? (I liked the Halloween one so no complaints either way)

Lightning: 1. Can the pet get some love? need bugfixing in almost all aspects of this feature.
2. Can we get a road map on your prioritizing when making patches. we'd like to know where your priorities are when adding content and fixing bugs.

Longform:

Once there are multiple main campaign bosses, any plans for a boss-rush mode with unique rewards? Maybe Bob Ross afros for our heroes? I have always been a huge fan of bush rush modes in other games, and it would be fun to have maybe an arena style map spawning boss after boss until we've beat them all. Of course this is probably a year down the road from being possible, but I wanted to implant this seed now. C'mon Brad, think Megaman!

DDVwlzQ.pngAre there any plans for recognizing RQA or RPG volunteers uniquely on the forums, in-game, or in the games credits?

DDVwlzQ.pngAre there any plans to implement an in-game player-helps-player system with a volunteer group for support?

DDVwlzQ.pngAre there any plans to implement a system to adopt new players as our own and help guide them along with maybe a unique reward for them reaching a certain milestone?

DDVwlzQ.pngNot a question, but props to Brad for wearing an N7 shirt on the 11/06/2015 dev stream. Huge ME fan.

DDVwlzQ.pngAlso not a question, just a reminder to Brad to get a haircut before he turns into a hippy. 

Can you add like missions that gives you useful stuff, like, Do a specified Mission to get more inventory or something, but it would be a really hard quest! Pl0x :D

Any chance there is a fix for the Pet Ability (skill) Re-roll item fix is on the way? You have said it is in the game previously, but the drops rate/chance is broken. -note I don't mean the "Pet Re-roll Box"-

Any Plan on Fixing the Double Stat on a Pet not actually applying to Hero/Defense Stats? Currently the second stat is ignored and does nothing, aside from the lack of choosing from the double stat to reroll one specifically, Ex. Hero Health 125 / Hero Health 112; 125 Hero Health is shown twice and you get nothing from the second stat. Aswell as trying to reroll one of them causes you to choose the "slot one" stat regarless if its higher or lower then the second stat (if there the same stat).

-"Brad" lightning- warrior.png

Any plans on releasing a Community Modding Tool for the Resources in Dungeon Defenders 2? So the community may make and post Maps; so "we" (as a community) can help you (the creators) with map design AND also allow us to keep content fresh (whether it be Official maps or custom brews). If so ETA -PLEASE-

-more questions might be added at a later date-

Thank you for your time! ~_~

Lighting: Have you ever imagine that the one who request you to remove hero deck could be the vocal minority but actually the paying majority?

1. How "finalized" is the current state of the game in regards to aesthetics, graphics, design, particles, etc? It still feels incomplete in some regards, and I'm wondering if feedback is welcome or not on this particular topic.

2. In general, how much room is there for change before launch? I am compiling a long list of suggestions and ideas regarding tower, hero, enemy, and map balance, and am wondering if perhaps we're too far along at this point to be bothering with such suggestions.

Thanks for any response.

Long Form: Have you considered an inventory feature which allows players to sort by a desired skill? Individually hovering over 50 items after every game only to find that none of them have a specific/high enough skill seems very inefficient.

Lightning: Can players expect a functional 'Add Friend' system soon?

Lightning: Is there any hope of receiving a 'mute' feature?

1. What are the plans for improving the matchmaking system?

2. Are there plans to implement new quests to help steer players through the gear that happens after you hit lvl 50? Thinks like Win 5 NM1 maps. Get  a 2nd character to 25, 50 etc,

3. Related to 2. Would it be possible to have multiple active quests (quests progression would be similar to achievement progression from collectibles.

LIGHTNING:
1. Are there still plays to implement a way to reuse duplicate cosmetic pieces from the lockboxes?

2. Stacking petfood/lockboxes?

3. More bag filters?

4. Plans for DPS style passives (eg Hearty Squire: % of TowerHP added to HeroHP <-- opposite of hearty blockade)?

5. Fix for Grumpy pet to have stats?

Lightning:

In dev 44 it sounded like once loot is optimized, you will lower the drop rate of items. Are you going to raise item sell costs to compensate for the loss of income?

Edit:

Lightning:

Even when selecting random map to increase my chances, I'm almost guaranteed to get put into an empty map. I'd much rather get put in to a queue, because hitting quick match means I want to play with other people, not by myself. Is this implementation intended, or just due to a lack of a player base?

Edit 2:

Lightning:

Will you guys ever consider destructible items in maps, including but not limited to things like "landslides" and such to modify lanes, changing the difficulties of the maps?

last dev stream you talked about item stat's.

IF a item is hero based, Like it roll Hero power, it whould not get any tower stat like Tower crit damage, that's great and all! BUT??

isen't this destroyeing the Squire blockade build, as they infact need tower HP and Hero hp?

what's your plan here? 

Some though's:

- new mod with that add XX% HP to blockade's, that might remove the need for having 1 squire dedicated for blockade HP only.

-Blockade's from both squire and APP get Passiv Damage taken reduced. will also remove the need for a pure blockade squire and APP blockades will be equaly good <- yes u can get this from a monk boost, but it's nowhere enough for NM3-4. 

1. Will all the stats from DD1 be implemented again? Having gear with every type of stat from every hero stat to every tower stat as well as resistances to each element made the game far more in depth with customization.

2. Will we see a pet revamp in the future such as having more power pets drop in higher ipwr maps and how the scaling is with them as well as adding more stats like Tower Range and Speed to them depending on the rarity? Right now pets are very static to the point that a powerful pet can be almost as strong as a legendary pet.

3. How about changing the hero deck into a gamemode that can drop special gear that changes each month and remove the hero deck outside of that gamemode?

I rejoice for the loot drop changes, as loot drops should be meaningful. Also loot should be dropped not for only your currently equipped hero but for any of your hero deck type.

For me I think there should be a very huge separate different between crap loot (to sell or just give us coins), purple/orange loot (to use) and that exotic loot that you can get once a day or two. But all should be relevant.

Make it easy to get loot and even good loot. But hard to get exotic loot that is just a bit better but looks way cooler.

Also please please please make towers more relevant. I do not want to just spam explosive traps, walls and freeze towers for maps. It is a tower defense game after all. Now a trap boom bang game :D

@Arcflare quote:

1. Will all the stats from DD1 be implemented again? Having gear with every type of stat from every hero stat to every tower stat as well as resistances to each element made the game far more in depth with customization.

2. Will we see a pet revamp in the future such as having more power pets drop in higher ipwr maps and how the scaling is with them as well as adding more stats like Tower Range and Speed to them depending on the rarity? Right now pets are very static to the point that a powerful pet can be almost as strong as a legendary pet.

As far as I know any pet can roll perfect stat. Its been said that they roll values and legendary  pets just have a lower value floor. A powerful pet might roll values from 1-50 while a legendary rolls 15-50. Both can get 50 so you can use any pet model you want.

Are you currently keeping in mind the game mechanics that were good in DD1 and also the mistakes that were made from the late game DLC balance issues?  

Is the goal to end up having the same weapon variety that DD1 had in the future or is that more constrained now due to having to model and animate for all the various skins, etc?

Lightning: Will we be seeing lots of new item builds included with the next milestone patch?  It would seem like it would be a good time to add new builds with loot being less RNG.

Lightning: I know it was stated that there probably wasn't going to be any new ubers for this milestone patch, but any chance of a re-balance pass done on the existing few?  

Lightning:  Will you give us ample time with a warning before you remove the Steam pack bundles?  

There was some discussion on how to refer to the Squire's *ahem* "sexy boxers", and I'm just over here wondering:

Why not just refer to them as his "under-armor"?

:D

Hello & good day (PS4 player) i apologize if none can answer these questions, i do not know who will be available on dev stream. 

-Long-form:

Are current restrictions in the Steam version ie. hero deck (1), gear only having 2 stats (2), no tower speed/range stats on gear in the game present due to any PS4 restrictions or just a unique way to try to broaden the amount of players?                (1: as said by some unhappy Steam users)  (2: a personal issue, feels too limiting overall)

-Lightning :

Will gear at a later date receive an increase in multiple stats even if only by 1 or 2?

Will PS4 players receive something uniquely different because of how Collector's edition states 4 Costume's  & 4 accessories as opposed to Steam's version saying 4 unique tower skins & 4 Costume's?

Hey guys! Thanks for doing another dev stream I love you guys!

Sounds like a silly question but is there any way to reset my spooky 15 challenge log so that it doesn't show up? I have stupid bad ocd and didn't manage to complete the event (only got part of it done in time cause I didn't realise you only needed to beat up to nm3) and its really bothering me seeing that there and not being able to fill the bars up any further.

Would be nice even if all the bars were reset to 0 rather than being full as this would severely fix my ocd problem :(

Lightning: When will we hear about the alpha-beta sign ups for testing the loot changes? Would love to be a part of this testing phase.