Sign in to follow this  
KnowsNoLimits

Please bring Sharken back

So far the only NM enemy that feels like a threat in NM4+ is Wither beasts, so kudos for that, but I feel we need more enemies that keep you from AFKing and stepping out from the safety of your defenses.

I want to see enemy combo's.

Oh the fun it will be to have a Wither beast wear down your defenses and have a Sharken charge in for the kill and OHKO your walls.

This is the type of NM enemies I want to see. If Sharken ever return I want them to be greatly feared again. They are by far my fav enemy in the series and with good reason they were the fastest enemies to receive a nerf in DD1 and they could end  survival runs in seconds.

To me they resemble real Sharks, something that should be respected.

I miss them.

Same goes for the wonderful spider how many times my DPS hero got webbed and then double teamed by ogres, they were the only reason DPS heroes died in end game DD1.

In DD2 even builders seem almost immortal.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

So far the only NM enemy that feels like a threat in NM4+ is Wither beasts, so kudos for that, but I feel we need more enemies that keep you from AFKing and stepping out from the safety of your defenses.

I want to see enemy combo's.

Oh the fun it will be to have a Wither beast wear down your defenses and have a Sharken charge in for the kill and OHKO your walls.

This is the type of NM enemies I want to see. If Sharken ever return I want them to be greatly feared again. They are by far my fav enemy in the series and with good reason they were the fastest enemies to receive a nerf in DD1 and they could end  survival runs in seconds.

To me they resemble real Sharks, something that should be respected.

I miss them.

I remember those ***s from DD1 on the xbox...They were the only reason I couldnt beat the 3rd DLC for the crystals.

Does NM4 really get that easy once you have gear for it? Im just starting to play low ipwr NM4 maps and find it harder than Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson biceps. I feel no need for Sharkens to show up again.

The only reason I beat sharkens at DD1 were gas traps. We have neither a gas trap nor a serious electrocute combo (anymore), so killing them before it reaches your walls is the only way I see if they were implemented. ...which means to me walls are useless anyway.

sharkens ruined the game for  me , purse nuisance... nothing to do with being hard to beat , 1 bugged out there it goes again 

I'm glad to see some people agree with me.

To this day Aquanos is still my all time fav map, it had it all. A tough boss, interesting mechanics and a new challenge. Sharken were the icing on the cake.

The design of them and what they could do to your defenses is what I call a true NM enemy, as when they appeared you best make sure to kill them. The only one that comes close to that in DD2 is the Witherbeast.

Who even though he has an obsession with my walls, he's a major threat and I like that.

"Hey look! A Sharken just moved all my t 5 defences! Awesome! Now I have to sell them all and move them back again just before the last wave meaning they won't be upgraded enough to win the level which means I lose! YAY!"

No... Sharkens... Ever...

@Nazgren quote:

"Hey look! A Sharken just moved all my t 5 defences! Awesome! Now I have to sell them all and move them back again just before the last wave meaning they won't be upgraded enough to win the level which means I lose! YAY!"

No... Sharkens... Ever...

I rarely had any problems with Sharken.

Also they can't move Summoner's minions. You were just using the wrong builders.

Adapt or die when Sharken are concerned and that's how it should be.

They have you so scared of the chance of them returning that I say they have done their job at earning a place in DD2's Nightmare mode.

It's people like you that casualize NM mode and we were stuck with lolz DDE's Ezy mode NM.

It's called Nightmare mode for a reason.

If you want hand holding mode go play DDE.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Also they can't move Summoner's minions. You were just using the wrong builders.

They have you so scared of the chance of them returning that I say they have done their job at earning a place in DD2's Nightmare mode.

It's people like you that casualize NM mode and we were stuck with lolz DDE's Ezy mode NM.

The only ability they had was to utterly decimate your towers. Everyone had an issue with them.

I used a squire builder, like everyone else. It shouldent take a paid dlc hero to be able to complete the game.

By buying a paid DLC?

Im not scared, its just boring to have an enemy that can beat virtually any defence on his own.

I dont casualize the game at all. I would rather see difficulty come from strategy on the part of the enemy, not by more powerful / overpowered enemies. I certainly didn't want DD1 to be easy mode. thats why i only bothered with Squire and monk builder.

@Nazgren quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

The only ability they had was to utterly decimate your towers. Everyone had an issue with them.

I used a squire builder, like everyone else. It shouldent take a paid dlc hero to be able to complete the game.

By buying a paid DLC?

Im not scared, its just boring to have an enemy that can beat virtually any defence on his own.

I dont casualize the game at all. I would rather see difficulty come from strategy on the part of the enemy, not by more powerful / overpowered enemies. I certainly didn't want DD1 to be easy mode. thats why i only bothered with Squire and monk builder.

Everyone certainly didn't have an issue with them. Before the Summoner minions we had a thing called placement.

I still remember where I placed my walls as to not get pushed and I also used fireballs for stunning them and harpoons to pierce through the mobs. With gas traps which are free from the Huntress you would get them into a choke point and allow your towers to do the rest.

You want strategy but you cry about an enemy that had to make you think. That makes no sense to me.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Everyone certainly didn't have an issue with them. Before the Summoner minions we had a thing called placement.

I still remember where I placed my walls as to not get pushed and I also used fireballs for stunning them and harpoons to pierce through the mobs. With gas traps which are free from the Huntress you would get them into a choke point and allow your towers to do the rest.

You want strategy but you cry about an enemy that had to make you think. That makes no sense to me.

And yet of the 8 people that have posted an opinion, 6 of them are against the idea of them returning? They dont make you think, they just move all your towers and let the enemys walk past them. You cant place towers where they cant be charged, you cant deal with them while they are underground, you either kill them instantly from a huge range before they can burrow or you lose. Your either OP or you lose. Thats not Strategy. That doesnt make you think, (except about how stupid Sharkens are). Not knowing what enemies are coming from where would make you think, Moving Spawn Points makes you think. Enemies that can adapt to your placement and behave in a way that your placement would struggle with would make you think. Enemies that require high damage and range to beat does not make you think

@Nazgren quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

And yet of the 8 people that have posted an opinion, 6 of them are against the idea of them returning? They dont make you think, they just move all your towers and let the enemys walk past them. You cant place towers where they cant be charged, you cant deal with them while they are underground, you either kill them instantly from a huge range before they can burrow or you lose. Your either OP or you lose. Thats not Strategy. That doesnt make you think, (except about how stupid Sharkens are). Not knowing what enemies are coming from where would make you think, Moving Spawn Points makes you think. Enemies that can adapt to your placement and behave in a way that your placement would struggle with would make you think. Enemies that require high damage and range to beat does not make you think

Again I must explain it to you.

For one you never needed incredible range to kill them.

We have a thing called traps. You would stack a gas trap, fire traps ,ethereal and proxies while you choke them in auras stacks. Your defense towers would pick off the stragglers or rogue Sharkens.

Again learn to strategize your defenses.

Sharken being hated is a good thing imo and I'm happy to see it.

The more they are feared the more I enjoy them.

I guess only the hardcore players appreciated them.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

We have a thing called traps. You would stack a gas trap, fire traps,ethereal and proxies while you choke them in auras stacks.

So the only way to beat them is with Auras and Traps? Isn't there people complaining on this very forum about how end game can only be done with auras and traps because they cant be killed?

@Nazgren quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

We have a thing called traps. You would stack a gas trap, fire traps,ethereal and proxies while you choke them in auras stacks.

So the only way to beat them is with Auras and Traps? Isn't there people complaining on this very forum about how end game can only be done with auras and traps because they cant be killed?

It's not the only way to kill them, but it's an effective way if you don't have the Summoner.

All DD1 content has been cleared with out the use of DLC characters.

I have lost count of how many ways you can kill them. They aren't a threat when you have placement and knowledge on your side.

I hate the sharken completely. I broke several mice because of them. I have a sneaky suspicion that is why the jester was made because even the devs hated the sharken. I will say the monk was also a good counter. I just want to leave you with this. FML if I see a sharken coming down a grounded lane or cc resist.

no sharken.  at. all.  Im all for a challenge, but a mob that can change my carefully placed defenses position?  Never again. they were fun in DD1, but we no longer have alot of the things we used to kill them.  I personally used a trap clusterf*@k inside slow and lightning auras.  they are simply not good mobs for the kind of meta we have now.   i shudder at the thought of a witherbeast, sharken, and an ogre/quibly in the same lane.  if you are proposing the sharken return as a special enemy or boss, please specify that clearer.  even so, a boss that can move defenses is kinda OP, although things like the goblin boss in DD1 could do that as well, but this isnt DD1.