As you already have proof that 2 player local co-op is possible, it seems logical you could provide 4 player local co-op technically.

I understand this is probably an unusual use case of DD, but for those who have a family of dungeon defenders, nothing beats all sitting down together for a session together.

For the few people who want it, I'm sure we would all consider that we are doing something premium, and it might reduce the existing revenue streams you are using to fund development.

So could I offer the idea that you charge for local 3 and 4 player split screening. Either as a rental if you have friends visiting, or a one time purchase for families.

The best matchmaking is always physical, please don't exclude us!!

Thanks

I'm sorry but that is just a stupid idea. The whole Idea of the game is to be free to play when it is in full release. No one will want to pay/rent to add an extra 2 people etc. If they do bring this out, expect it to be free, not a chargeable fee. 

I also don't get why it should be technically impossible for a ps4 to make 4 player co-op. I mean, 2 players is possible, so why should it be so hard for a ps4 to make 4 players? All the Old Ones and the towers are the same for all the 4 players, is's just two camera points of view added to the scene, right? So where's the problem, Trendy :(

This is only pre alpha. I am 100% sure console version will have the ability for 4 player local co-op . DD1 had it so i would be surprised if DD2 didnt.  But suggesting trendy charge for it is absurd.

@GenjiBlade quote:

Sorry, but I don't think it could work. Since two player splitscreen has minor frame reduction during big battles.

I wouldn't even mind if the quality of the grafics would have to be reduced drastically for 4 player splitscreen, really, I think it would be worth that. DD2 is a game you play for the fun and not for the graphics.