Sign in to follow this  
Infernotez

Gear is flawed by design and it is causing a lot of the other issues

The issue with gear is you want the special stuff on it like Hearty Blockade, Pyromania, Defense Crit dmg, etc, etc. With the current system it's hard enough to even find the 2 stats you want on it let alone the extra traits. I'm working on a wall squire and finding good gear with hearty blockade + Hero Health/Defense Health is miserable especially grinding away at NM3 gates incursion. Between 3 friends and me we have roughly 4 lvl 50 chars each all requiring gear and each of us is lvling another char still. This all means we have to play easy content at the max possible just to grind it out as we can't run DPS chars and get gear for 3 of the other classes. You need so many combinations and you want to find them. If they add more cool traits it will make finding other stuff even harder which will be even worse and don't even imagine more classes.

What we need is to be able to take traits off of gear and add it to other gear that you are looking for. Say if I want Hearty Blockade I would have to find the correct percentage and try to pull it off and then I would add it onto my piece that I want to keep. This could be something in the way of socketing or something to imbue the item with the trait. This type of solution solves a lot of issues with searching for gear, allows a lot of side progression and the ability to add more random traits into the game without having to worry about too much possibilities.

Adding the ability to remove the stats from gear into a scroll or something and then attach it to a new weapon would fix a lot of the toxicity in having people unable to do content correctly. It would mean needing to have different drop frequency as you don't want to make it as easy as it is to get a stat now but finding traits would be sooo much more enjoyable because you know you could possibly take it. The other part too is that it could be a drop/incursion/onslaught reward too. The scrolls would be rather tradeable too if it went that way.

This makes the game so easy that it feels like cheating, everyone would have flawless gear in no time, just play and farm, you'll eventually have the gear you desire

@PixelGames quote:

This makes the game so easy that it feels like cheating, everyone would have flawless gear in no time, just play and farm, you'll eventually have the gear you desire

The issue is with how it works now it's much worse than DD1. Also Path of Exile manages to do it without making it too easy to get specific stuff. In diablo 3 they just added a similar feature not long ago that made it much more playable.

The issue is that even throwing your face at grinding does not even yield great gear. The other issue is that the current method just is not fun. You find a perfect piece of say DP/DC but you want a increases range ability on it you now have not only multiple variable to go through but also having to get that stat on it while playing as that class. My friend and I are just moving into NM4 and it's already quite miserable to do all that grinding we just did in NM3 again to find correct gear. In DD1 you had to find the correct 4 stats or the best 4 you could get and it would work on any character. You would put say plate on one char and mail on another. In DD2 it matters little when you need those traits and it feels like you make no progress even though you get ***loads of loot. The fun was actually finding viable loot yet 99% of the stuff I find is not viable, not usable and not even useful if I have to go up another difficulty.

Yep, I would also like a feature which gives the player some control in a world of RNG.

I feel like a big part of the issue is simply that tower damage over performs when compared to the other stats.

Crafting really would help. I don't see how it harms the game either. Why would it be a bad thing that everyone would have a decent builder for higher difficulties and it not just be that one guy who is over farmed.

I'm sure he'll find something else to do like spec out many, many characters for a multitude of specific roles e.g.: myself.

Huntress has the elemental trap uber.

Why is Hearty Blockade not an uber?

Same with Frosty Power and Purging Evil?

Yeh the grind makes the game boring, it's their way of keeping people playing as they don't seem capable of making end game content. The game also needed some competitive elements like leaderboards. Then they needed pure strategy mode for people who just like tower defense.

The player active numbers are almost back to pre F2P.

@NasiPuti quote:

Yep, I would also like a feature which gives the player some control in a world of RNG.

I feel like a big part of the issue is simply that tower damage over performs when compared to the other stats.

Crafting really would help. I don't see how it harms the game either. Why would it be a bad thing that everyone would have a decent builder for higher difficulties and it not just be that one guy who is over farmed.

I'm sure he'll find something else to do like spec out many, many characters for a multitude of specific roles e.g.: myself.

Ya that's what me and my friends find ourselves doing. I have a blockade squire, damage mage with flamethrowers, dps huntress, AA monk and a blaze/poison huntress I am working on lvling. The issue is 5 sets of gear all looking for specific gear is hard to do even with lots of free time. I have over 50 hrs in the past 2 weeks most of which is since the patch.

@SGRock quote:

Huntress has the elemental trap uber.

Why is Hearty Blockade not an uber?

Same with Frosty Power and Purging Evil?

The only issue is that hearty blockade being an uber would make it even harder to keep builds alive as you are supposed to use the dmg shielding as it can keep your build alive. The other issue would be wyvern tokens. I mean I have only really gotten enough before this monthly to get 3 ubers.

@mokn quote:

Yeh the grind makes the game boring, it's their way of keeping people playing as they don't seem capable of making end game content. The game also needed some competitive elements like leaderboards. Then they needed pure strategy mode for people who just like tower defense.

The player active numbers are almost back to pre F2P.

I don't mind a bit of a grind but a pure grind is what starts to ruin the game. The gaps between you getting anything of note are huge and that makes it boring. A lot of the game is just off. The campaign was easy, lvling first char to 40 lead to the 10 gap between it and 50. Getting gear at 50 involved grinding, then nm2 grinding, then 3 and now 4. There is just so much grinding and while some great moments and nice moments of loot in there they are far and between. The reason the loot simulator games work is you have goals you are working for and you can actually work towards them even if it's only find better loot.

Simple. Make relevant stats drop relevant secondaries. Or vice versa. At least on legendaries. For example, You won't get hearty blockades from an item with ability power and hero damage.

This way, seeing a legendary makes you excited, because it's more likely to be useful than garbage.

Even if gear has to be a bit rarer to allow for this, still better than 100% non leaning rng.

Also, we need more slots for making heroes, so we can actually make a dps for each, and explore more than literally one special set or build per class. Paying 450 gems for a basic thing in gaming is terrible. DD1 let you make and experiment with as many heroes as you liked, and people loved it. Here, it's the opposite, where you are being strangled by loot per class, loot rng, and also hero decks, among other things.

You don't feel it as you start off, but by level 50 and especially after, you feel those hands on your throat more and more.

@Ninja_Kero quote:

Simple. Make relevant stats drop relevant secondaries. Or vice versa. At least on legendaries. For example, You won't get hearty blockades from an item with ability power and hero damage.

This way, seeing a legendary makes you excited, because it's more likely to be useful than garbage.

Even if gear has to be a bit rarer to allow for this, still better than 100% non leaning rng.

Also, we need more slots for making heroes, so we can actually make a dps for each, and explore more than literally one special set or build per class. Paying 450 gems for a basic thing in gaming is terrible. DD1 let you make and experiment with as many heroes as you liked, and people loved it. Here, it's the opposite, where you are being strangled by loot per class, loot rng, and also hero decks, among other things.

You don't feel it as you start off, but by level 50 and especially after, you feel those hands on your throat more and more.

The issue with that is what If I want finglonger on a dps piece and finglinger on a tower piece? If it says meh finglonger is better on this dps piece and should not be on a tower piece it starts limiting what we want to use and can use.