Guide : How to play full squire

It was a well written guide!

What sort of difficulty have you tested the "I am the wall" and the "One man army" techniques?
I play the cannon builder in hard-mode fairly easily, but am interested in if it works in end-game

Thanks !

My waller can handle NM2, my hero (i am the wall) can handle NM3 with some trouble and One man army can handle Insane since it's my last squire and i don't get much stuff yet.

I don't know if a "pure cannonball build" works but considering the passives you can get for them (chance to stun etc), they are more a "support tower". Ballistas have many spheres/passives who give them range,speed,damages and they are multi target. IMO with cannonball, your wall will face a big pack of mobs while your cannonball will kill one by one.

But like i said, i never tried a spec like that, could be my 4th squire :P

I think the design of the game leans towards synergy between classes so the one man army will be the hardest, alongside a frosty mage cannons instantly kill frozen mobs.

Hey nice guide! I may be wrong but you say that Hero health gets more useful after 26% hearty but 25% is the max hearty no? (5 piece of gear with 5% max on each). The treshold I was told is 23 percent. Again am not a 100% sure of this but thought I would point it out if it was a typo or something :)

@Fen_ quote:

Hey nice guide! I may be wrong but you say that Hero health gets more useful after 26% hearty but 25% is the max hearty no? (5 piece of gear with 5% max on each). The treshold I was told is 23 percent. Again am not a 100% sure of this but thought I would point it out if it was a typo or something :)

hey, thanks !

You can also have hearty blockade on shield (see google sheet). So there is 6 piece of gear with 5% = 30%.

The 23% threshold is for your full health. I don't know how to explain my point clearly (even in my own language). After 100 point spent in Hero Health, you will get 4 HP per point, so if you have the choice between 1 Defense health and 1 Hero health, if you have 23% Hearty blockade you will get 4*0.23=0.92 Defense health. if you have 26% hearty blockade you will get 4*0.26=1.04. That's why i talk about 26% and not 23%, it's easier to choose between two (non optimal) item with that in mind.

@[Matanza] Alkoon quote:

Thanks !

My waller can handle NM2, my hero (i am the wall) can handle NM3 with some trouble and One man army can handle Insane since it's my last squire and i don't get much stuff yet.

I don't know if a "pure cannonball build" works but considering the passives you can get for them (chance to stun etc), they are more a "support tower". Ballistas have many spheres/passives who give them range,speed,damages and they are multi target. IMO with cannonball, your wall will face a big pack of mobs while your cannonball will kill one by one.

But like i said, i never tried a spec like that, could be my 4th squire :P

I must admit I tend to have wall, 2 cannonballs and a balista all set up. The wall holds enemies still, the balista clears most of the mobs and the cannonballs helps to clear out the stronger enemies such as mini-bosses. I'm going to try NM1 this weekend when I have finished leveling up my 4th level 50 and will let you know how things go!

@Doctor_neo quote:I must admit I tend to have wall, 2 cannonballs and a balista all set up. The wall holds enemies still, the balista clears most of the mobs and the cannonballs helps to clear out the stronger enemies such as mini-bosses. I'm going to try NM1 this weekend when I have finished leveling up my 4th level 50 and will let you know how things go!

Problem with cannonball is that they have half the range (or even 1/3) of a ballista. Ballista can shoot 3 piercing arrow (with explosions if you have splody harpoon and extra damage if you have black arrow) before cannonball shot.

Let me know how things go though !