Sign in to follow this  
tonyb

Leaking Barricades

Yeah its really not a big deal.

Occasionally a monster just ignores the barricade and goes straight for your core... bugs amirite?

Today I was running Grey (NM4) solo... was doing really good.  Better than I normally do... I actually was closing on what would have been my first solo win with builders only.

As I settled in...  thinking "I got this!"...  In horror I watched an Ogre decided to just climb over my Double barricades.... and take out the rest of my defense in two swings.

Sigh....

It is not a big deal most of the time, but when you are having a phenomenal game and it gets ruined by this....  It makes the gods sad.  Not rage quitting or nothing, but I wanted to share my pain with the community.

WTB an EV Waller!!!

Walls leaking? or could it be that the Ogres finally figured out they can step over walls?

One day we will get Ogre walls again for the Summoner and turn the tides on them.

I told peeps that those are not ogres, they are TROLLS.  LOL well it happened to me a lot too.  I hate it as much as anyone else lol.  I loved it when they were throwing goo at walls and stuff instead of going airborne and doing jumping jacks on everything.

Yep this can be a pain at times, things like this used to happen in DD1 as well, random ogre finds a way around a defense and 1 shots a crystal or destroys the towers. The devs know its a problem and increasing the size of towers was experimental to see if it would fix the problem which it hasn't. They said the problems stems from a deeper problem in the coding that they said they want to solve but solving it is going to be really hard. 

Right now the mobs aggro onto the crystal right from spawn. Normally when a mob gets in range of a tower they switch their aggro to the closest defense. Well in some circumstances they completely ignore everything or so many mobs pile up that they get pushed over the defenses. This is my basic understanding of how it works, not 100% if its correct but it makes sense.

Only time I've seen leaking its when there's so many mobs at the blockade that the rest can't hit the blockade so they just keep moving forward totally ignoring it, have anyone experienced mobs ignoring blockade without it being crowded?