Sign in to follow this  
Draco18s

Drops: Quantity over Quality

Alright.  I'm going to say it and I'm going to need your guy's help to make Trendy hear.

Drops right now are so freaking common that the auto-loot system requires more micromanagement than it should, as 90% of drops are outright trash and clutter my auto-collect bags.  Its so bad that I've set my bags up as follows:

Autocollect Legendary
Autocollect Mythical
Autocollect Any

Then every wave I just sell everything in the "any" bag (after opening pet boxes and moving eggs, rather than using a 4th bag for non-gear).  In fact, I have to sell this bag because it fills almost to capacity every wave and if items are left on the ground, they just vanish into the ether for 0 gold (items in DD1 at least were auto-sold for their value!) and in some cases I've set my legendary or mythical bags to "any" for the map-win cleanup just to insure I actually do collect everything (as worn gear is prioritized over pet boxes and eggs despite being far far less rare and valuable).

Here's where you forumites come in:
Take screenshots after a map showing the auto-collect values from every wave (including post-win).

2015_11_03_00003.jpg
181 items2015_11_03_00005.jpg
124 items2015_11_03_00006.jpg
143 items2015_11_03_00008.jpg
111 items

Bags are 32 slots each (for a large bag).  The smallest number of items here would have required four autocollect bags with no filters to pick up everything if done all at once.  The most would have needed six.  This is absurd.  I'd rather see fewer items that had more value.  Even just cherry picking the mythicals and legendaries I find that I very quickly toss aside most of them even if their iPWR value is greater, because I'm looking for specific special stats and because of that, Epic and lower gear is never going to be interesting.  It will always be trash and I'd rather have the gold for selling it than visual clutter for ignoring it.  Mythical+ is also uncommon enough that I only de-clutter those two bags about every three maps; Mythical is 80% full and Legendaries is 50% (cleaned that drops back to about 25% and 20%).

Devs have stated on stream once they introduce the crafting system which will allow us to transfer passives between gear they will be significantly reducing drop rates on gear. This is a temporary solution for the current extreme RNG  and wont be staying.

I am unsure the crafting system will fix this.  There are particular details that are still lacking.

@Arcflare quote:

Devs have stated on stream once they introduce the crafting system which will allow us to transfer passives between gear they will be significantly reducing drop rates on gear. This is a temporary solution for the current extreme RNG  and wont be staying.

That's awesome, did they mention a certain date for it?

@PixelGames quote:

@Arcflare quote:

That's awesome, did they mention a certain date for it?

No date was given. I dont believe its going to be anytime soon but hopefully within a couple months well see it.

@Draco18s quote:

I am unsure the crafting system will fix this.  There are particular details that are still lacking.

As far as I know they are thinking about possibilities to reroll item stats and swap passives between items. As far as date is conserned they stated that it is worked on already but only has low priority until the next major patch (new bossmap). That leaves the second major patch from now as earliest release, with 3-5 weeks per major patch I'd assume about 2months+ from now.

@Draco18s quote:

Alright.  I'm going to say it and I'm going to need your guy's help to make Trendy hear.

Plot twist: they don't care. Maybe after some weeks they will bring another tiny balance update. 

They obviously only care about grabbing our real dollars. Otherwise why set it up like this. This didn't happen by accident.  They want it to be like this so they can sell you more bags to accomodate all the crap loot.

They set it up like this because, with the introduction of passives, the RNG required to get the right gear became ridiculous. Before the loot increase, it was insanely difficult to get any kind of upgrade. So, Trendy drastically increased the amount of loot for a weekend event, and the community loved it and wanted it to stay. They've said that this is only a temporary increase, and they're currently working on addressing loot RNG with some sort of smart loot stat system.

@euromikeym quote:

They obviously only care about grabbing our real dollars. Otherwise why set it up like this. This didn't happen by accident.  They want it to be like this so they can sell you more bags to accomodate all the crap loot.

swapping passives in between gear sounds to OP honestly. Maybe just maybe be able to reroll stats if they actually need to add something like that.

5% Hearty Blockade on everything. Now I have a waller who can do NM9 easy all day -.-

/sarcasm off

This person went through the tl;dr response.
Trendy wants to help make drops a bit smarter, but reduce the loot drop significantly.  This would mean, in the same amount of time you grind, you're likely to find a better piece of equipment...you just don't have to pass through 100+ items...instead, you'd be comparing maybe...50ish items.
I'm guessing they'll cut back loot drop more, and increase value once the crafting system is implemented.
That way, when you do get that one or two legendary drops on the map ('cause that's all you MIGHT be getting)
It'll actually make you go...WHOA.  And then swapping passives will again reduce the pointless grind that is 'fluff' content.  I mean...if you truly, positively want to fine tune equipment to oblivion, that's still completely possible.
You still have to get some piece of equipment to drop those passives you want.  And probably pay money to swap it. ;p

@Xopo quote:

swapping passives in between gear sounds to OP honestly. Maybe just maybe be able to reroll stats if they actually need to add something like that.

5% Hearty Blockade on everything. Now I have a waller who can do NM9 easy all day -.-

/sarcasm off