Sign in to follow this  
KamelJabber

What can you do in 10-20 minutes in DDII?

Serious question.

I play in a lot of short play cycles.  10 minutes may sound way too short to even load up the game, but what about 20 or 30.  Some of these maps take at least 30 minutes and longer to complete.

By nature this game is time consuming.  Wait for the initial wave.  Build towers, swap heroes, build more towers, etc...  Then comes the drudging though gear time.

I had 30 min of play time and couldn't get through Liferoot Forrest NM3 Free Play.

Is that simply too long?

Or is it just me?

If they added a way to save your initial builds you could do some things in that amount of time. 

Add a feature that you can only use during the first build phase that lets you save a defense setup. If you have the correct characters in your hero deck (it would have to save based on which character built what to make sure duplicate heros in a hero deck functioned correctly)  and enough mana you can press a button and select the build and bam, everything summoned instantly. 

Finding decent gear is the challenge.  Many times I get epic pieces of gear.... only to be missing the most critical part of the build like hearty blockade on squires.  It's annoying and I wish we could alter the stats on gear at a gold cost.  I think people should get together and suggest this instead of hero deck changes.

No.   Sorry KJ wrong game.  I think you need to try out Marvel Heroes or something.  30 minutes is the minimum play time in DD2 world!!!! Emoji_Monk.png

@AjiBuster994 quote:

There is no nm3 in free play 

lol, OK End Game NM3

I agree with the responses here.  I don't have the answer, however, I'm hoping the community and Trendy can come up with an idea to create some content that can be completed in at most 10 minutes.  Right now I don't see how that's possible, but it would be nice.

And since it was brought up, yes.  One thing I really like about Marvel  Heroes 2015, is that I can play as little as 5 minutes and still achieve something.  Log on, slay monsters log off.  It takes a few minutes just to load the Tavern :(

The initial building takes too long and is boring for everyone playing especially the other 3 waiting, i wouldn't mind blueprints. That would save you a heap of time and let you play any map.

@Borg quote:

If they added a way to save your initial builds you could do some things in that amount of time. 

Add a feature that you can only use during the first build phase that lets you save a defense setup. If you have the correct characters in your hero deck (it would have to save based on which character built what to make sure duplicate heros in a hero deck functioned correctly)  and enough mana you can press a button and select the build and bam, everything summoned instantly. 

@mokn quote:

The initial building takes too long and is boring for everyone playing especially the other 3 waiting, i wouldn't mind blueprints. That would save you a heap of time and let you play any map.

Yeah. They could also add a feature where you press a button from tavern and it instantly says "You won the match" and then pumps Perfect NM4 Legendaries in all your free bag slots.

If you don't like waiting during the build phase just make a builder and build.

@Anndgrim quote:

@Borg quote:

@mokn quote:

Yeah. They could also add a feature where you press a button from tavern and it instantly says "You won the match" and then pumps Perfect NM4 Legendaries in all your free bag slots.

/massiveeyeroll

Because clearly letting people save builds to save time is on the same level of handing you things for free? No wait, it's not, at all.

I think a large number of people would appreciate being able to save time via a defense set-up saving feature. Those that do not could simply not use the feature and build manually every single time if that's what they want to do. 

@JCourtney quote:

Just get your heroes beast mode and just AFK Onslaught with a G macro.  

ha, pretty much.

Still would like to see some map "shorts".  Shorter waves more difficult mob type of thing...

Again, just throwing it out there for thoughts, ideas and comments.

Another point of frustration is when you do have the time and you mis place a barrier or due to a bug something leaks through and 25 minutes went for nothing :(

@Borg quote:

@Anndgrim quote:

@Borg quote:

@mokn quote:

/massiveeyeroll

Because clearly letting people save builds to save time is on the same level of handing you things for free? No wait, it's not, at all.

I think a large number of people would appreciate being able to save time via a defense set-up saving feature. Those that do not could simply not use the feature and build manually every single time if that's what they want to do. 

It's not giving you free stuff. It's just having the game play itself which is what I was referring to.

Building is a core part of the game play.

A large part of strategy involves placing the right defence in the right position. Then there's the whole part where this is for the most part a multi-player game and one guy isn't supposed to build everything. And with multiple defences from multiple players come the skill input of different players in terms of placement as well.

Besides I can just see "skilled" players showing "unskilled" players where to place everything exactly down to the millimetre during infinitely long building phase then having them save it.

Secondly, the second person talked about a blueprint system which basically means skipping the step where the guy shows you and has you save the build and just going straight to the copy pasting.

It's one thing to talk about strategy with people and try new thing. It's another thing to copy/paste their build.

Lastly, I'm still hoping for the build phase timers back at some point. And at that point placing everything just right under the time limit will require skill.

@Anndgrim quote:

@Borg quote:

@Anndgrim quote:

@Borg quote:

@mokn quote:

/massiveeyeroll

It's not giving you free stuff. It's just having the game play itself which is what I was referring to.

A large part of strategy involves placing the right defence in the right position. Then there's the whole part where this is for the most part a multi-player game and one guy isn't supposed to build everything. And with multiple defences from multiple players come the skill input of different players in terms of placement as well.

Besides I can just see "skilled" players showing "unskilled" players where to place everything exactly down to the millimetre during infinitely long building phase then having them save it.

Secondly, the second person talked about a blueprint system which basically means skipping the step where the guy shows you and has you save the build and just going straight to the copy pasting.

It's one thing to talk about strategy with people and try new thing. It's another thing to copy/paste their build.

Lastly, I'm still hoping for the build phase timers back at some point. And at that point placing everything just right under the time limit will require skill.

Building being a core part of gameplay isn't diminished by having a way to save builds. You still have to decide how to set it up. Saving it just saves you from having to re-set it up 1000 times the same exact way.

In my idea the saving would be tied to which individual character built what, so you wouldn't be able to save what other people build. 

I wouldn't call a tower defense a "for the most part multi-player game." It is a genre that is heavily soloed despite them trying to force people into multiplayer by making incursions easier to do in groups while leaving it the best place to get gear. Organized groups of friends could still take advantage of the build saving system potentially, though you'd have to save a lot of different set ups even as a solo player per map to cover lane resistance RNG. In multi-player you'd could have set-ups saved for individual lanes or something. 

Placing things right under a time limit isn't much of a skill. Once you've gotten it down it's just a matter of rushing to repeat something you've already done before. I highly doubt this will ever be something they force into all modes. If anything a build timer will be exclusive to one mode, possibly confined to mid-wave onslaught as it is now. 

@Borg quote:

@Anndgrim quote:

@Borg quote:

@Anndgrim quote:

@Borg quote:

@mokn quote:

/massiveeyeroll

Building being a core part of gameplay isn't diminished by having a way to save builds. You still have to decide how to set it up. Saving it just saves you from having to re-set it up 1000 times the same exact way.

In my idea the saving would be tied to which individual character built what, so you wouldn't be able to save what other people build. 

I wouldn't call a tower defense a "for the most part multi-player game." It is a genre that is heavily soloed despite them trying to force people into multiplayer by making incursions easier to do in groups while leaving it the best place to get gear. Organized groups of friends could still take advantage of the build saving system potentially, though you'd have to save a lot of different set ups even as a solo player per map to cover lane resistance RNG. In multi-player you'd could have set-ups saved for individual lanes or something. 

Placing things right under a time limit isn't much of a skill. Once you've gotten it down it's just a matter of rushing to repeat something you've already done before. I highly doubt this will ever be something they force into all modes. If anything a build timer will be exclusive to one mode, possibly confined to mid-wave onslaught as it is now. 

All higher difficulties had the timer in DD1, at least when I played it.

And placing vaguely where you need to place them, and placing exactly right (like walls) is a different thing.

Not to mention the timers really weren't long. Even just running back and forth instead of being organized would cause you to not have the time.

And sometimes you had to rely on someone else building certain things to get things in time.