Hey, Defenders.  I've submitted a ticket but after getting what looks to be a canned response, I was wondering if anyone here could offer a suggestion.

While I purchased a council seat for DD2, when I heard the PS4 announcement I decided to put my eggs in a basket and wait for the console version.  I know the PC is better/newer/awesomer/etc,  but I wanted to experience DD2 on my PS4, even if it meant buying the game multiple times.  I love DD, and have gladly given you guys money more times than I can count.

Now that the ass-kissing is out of the way,  I know its a pre-alpha, and I'm cool with bugs and crashes and everything else.  The game is quite spartan in terms of assistance and control functions, but whatever, I can figure it out.

After getting a bunch of lockboxes and not knowing what else to do with the tokens, I figured a 'master key'  was a big deal that was made to open multiple boxes.  (by the way,  you should consider changing that name or providing a tooltip pointing out how it actually works in the final game).  I bought my key, and ran over to open my lockbox.  I went into the menu, it asked if I wanted to spend gems or use my key.  I obviously said I wanted to use my key, and everything was fine.  I went back to my inventory, and the key was still there, so I assumed that my interpretation of the master key function was correct.  I figured maybe it just works until it 'breaks' or some other mechanic.  Each time I *explicitly* chose to use a key instead of the gems, but I run to the costume shop to put on my goodies from the lockboxes, only to find that I don't have any gems.  

I realize that this isn't a malicious game-changer,  but if you are going to take my real-world currency when I specifically choose to use the in-game currency,  at the very least don't I deserve a pop-up or some kind of dialog letting me know that my real world currency is being used?  Now I don't have credits to get the halloween costumes, and there is still no option in the store allowing me my upgrade to the collector's edition :(

Is there realistically any chance of me getting my gems back so i can purchase the costumes, or should I just write this off and buy more credits and hope i don't mess it up again?

If I were you, I'd cry a little... then, buy more gems! lol

Sorry that happened to you. I've been to afraid to even open those lockboxes until after the wipe. 

Also I spent every gem I had on lock boxes... half of them opened the same items and just completely lost the gems for duplicate costume parts... i wish I could do it all over again I would never open a look box...just buy the costume parts you want from the tavern girl for gems. That's way you get exactly what you want... they may cost a little more up front but in the end I imagine you will be much happier then I am. Lockbox are useless in this game unless they allow for like 10 missions a day... right now tokens are way too rare to waste on an expensive key for a chance to get something worth while...imo.

Too bad, Trendy does not care about any reason what so ever why it happened, if it was their fault or not: they do NOT refund anything what so ever. Yep. Just another thing to consider with DD2.

yeah,  its kind of starting to feel like its not trendy anymore.   also, i'm having trouble resolving the fact that in their very first promotional event they are asking for 16 bucks.  i have a feeling that this game is going to be way more of a cash grab than i had thought. 

Yup. I'm not going to spend anything on this game until they finally decide to start patching regularly with content that actually matters to us. It feels like they're not even checking up on the forum at all because of all those cosmetic and insignificant patches they are implementing, while we are making hundreds of threads about the problems the game has and solving those will actually bring better times to the game.

And if they know about those... Well they'd better start firing & hiring in their dev department because it's going SLOW AS HECK.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I'd like to chime in here and remind everyone that personal attacks, including calls to fire people, are totally unacceptable and in violation of our forum rules

That being said, any behavior of keys not opening lockboxes, or empty lockboxes, is a bug. Please report it to the ingame Tavernkeeper, or fill out a support ticket

Thank you for the feedback!

@I_PASS_BUTTER quote:

Hi everyone! i'd like to chime in here and remind everyone that personal attacks, including calls to fire people, are totally unacceptable and in violation of our forum rules

That being said, any behavior of keys not opening lockboxes, or empty lockboxes is a bug. Please report it to the ingame Tavernkeeper, or fill out a support ticket

How was that a personal attack? It was just someone on the internet's personal (while maybe uninformed) opinion.

@I_PASS_BUTTER quote:

Hi everyone! i'd like to chime in here and remind everyone that personal attacks, including calls to fire people, are totally unacceptable and in violation of our forum rules

@Cyrius quote:

And if they know about those... Well they'd better start firing & hiring in their dev department because it's going SLOW AS HECK.

This is what he's referring to.

@I_PASS_BUTTER quote:

Hi everyone! I'd like to chime in here and remind everyone that personal attacks, including calls to fire people, are totally unacceptable and in violation of our forum rules

That being said, any behavior of keys not opening lockboxes, or empty lockboxes, is a bug. Please report it to the ingame Tavernkeeper, or fill out a support ticket

In game tavern keeper this feature does not exist on ps4...

Submit a ticket... I did Nov 3rd, although I got a response back I haven't heard anything since Nov 5th...

Don't even post on the forums if you need help I tried that...

Anybody else wonder if we just payed for the PC updates?