Sign in to follow this  
dakblake

Trading in the near future?

@PixelGames quote:

So basically you want other people to make a website to sell items, and once you pay with real cash they can invite you to their private tavern and drop the items you just bought, cool man

Don't be so unfriendly, it's just a positive suggestion..

Although I see your concern and you might be right, but if people wanted to pay their real world money that bad to get something online, there's just no way you could stop them totally. One could still just buy a geared up steam account in the end, no matter what you do or don't do to the game

@JCourtney quote:

Trading would just kinda ruin the game I think.  I mean all the end game guys would just rain down free high level gear for everyone.  

Think they need to prevent leaching as well.  

Simply having a system where someone can only trade items of equal or near iPWR to another would make this work perfectly (at level 50 at least). A fresh level 50 could not get top tier items in a trade, it would only reject them with a message like, "Your iPWR is too low to trade for this item."

@toilurm quote:

@PixelGames quote:

So basically you want other people to make a website to sell items, and once you pay with real cash they can invite you to their private tavern and drop the items you just bought, cool man

Don't be so unfriendly, it's just a positive suggestion..

Although I see your concern and you might be right, but if people wanted to pay their real world money that bad to get something online, there's just no way you could stop them totally. One could still just buy a geared up steam account in the end, no matter what you do or don't do to the game

Those would be more at risk for banning though and more detectable from IP standpoint.  

@toilurm quote: One could still just buy a geared up steam account in the end, no matter what you do or don't do to the game

Cue bots, RWT, and boosting in the absence of any trade system whatsoever. It's going to happen anyways, so why take away the opportunity for people to have more fun in the game by trading? If you don't like trading then don't trade. But don't take away others' right to do so.

@PixelGames quote:

and since their character doesn't have the paragon level required to equip the item, it does nothing for them

why are you such a scardy cat about this trading thing?

@ram1024 quote:and since their character doesn't have the paragon level required to equip the item, it does nothing for them

why are you such a scardy cat about this trading thing?

What level?, trading issue has nothing to see with low levels, its all about lvl 50 armor, I'm not scared, if the trading brought all those problems it will be for everyone including Trendy and not just me.

I'm too sleepy to put some sense into you 314v9fd.jpg

he's not skipping progression because he doesn't have the paragon level to equip gear beyond his level

if he's attempting to purchase ON-LEVEL gear from an unscrupulous real money trader then he's pretty dumb because he could just use the AH to purchase ON-LEVEL gear.  why risk getting your account banned?

again you're being scared of the sky falling when in fact there's nothing to be afraid of.  chickenlittlegames

I rather trading not to be a thing in this game, but it's definitely coming. It will increase the social aspect of the game, but oh boy you aren't going to like what comes with that.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

I rather trading not to be a thing in this game, but it's definitely coming. It will increase the social aspect of the game, but oh boy you aren't going to like what comes with that

which is what? why are you being vaguely scared of something and trying to frighten other people with these unspecified threats?

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

1. Pay pal shops for one.

2. Elitism and a toxic community.

3. Greed in general.

4. Bots.

1. selling what? you make gold non-tradeable.  you make it so in order to list items on the auctionhouse you are spending wyvern tokens.  a paypal person cannot sell you an item directly, he can't give you gold.  what exactly is he going to be selling?

2. has nothing to do with trading.  there's no trading in league of legends and it is known as the most toxic community there is

3. this doesn't even make sense

4. bots? you can build wave 1 and basically AFK in this type of game.  it already encourages what is effectively botting, the acquisition of gear with little to no effort on your part.  you want to be afraid of botting when the game already facilitates that precise system.  how about you complain to trendy and get them to remove AFKing if you're so afraid of bots.  they're the same thing

@ram1024 quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

1. Pay pal shops for one.

2. Elitism and a toxic community.

3. Greed in general.

4. Bots.

1. selling what? you make gold non-tradeable.  you make it so in order to list items on the auctionhouse you are spending wyvern tokens.  a paypal person cannot sell you an item directly, he can't give you gold.  what exactly is he going to be selling?

2. has nothing to do with trading.  there's no trading in league of legends and it is known as the most toxic community there is

3. this doesn't even make sense

4. bots? you can build wave 1 and basically AFK in this type of game.  it already encourages what is effectively botting, the acquisition of gear with little to no effort on your part.  you want to be afraid of botting when the game already facilitates that precise system.  how about you complain to trendy and get them to remove AFKing if you're so afraid of bots.  they're the same thing

Loot being tradable obviously, selling for real life money.

That's the definition of pay 2 win.

I'm not afraid of what's coming I know what's coming when trading is released.

Ever thought of ya know farming your loot?

It's much more rewarding you should try it.

i address each of your concerns with a proper rebuttal and you come back with nonsense as if you didn't even read the response

@ram1024 quote:

a paypal person cannot sell you an item directly, he can't give you gold.  what exactly is he going to be selling?

@ram1024 quote:

i address each of your concerns with a proper rebuttal and you come back with nonsense as if you didn't even read the response

All the negatives have already been outlined in this thread, it's not my problem if you choose to ignore them.

@ram1024 quote:

you're the one that blatantly ignored my response and responded with snarky platitude

I responded to your comment telling you loot is what would be tradable and that's not a good thing.

If you think none of what I mentioned is coming with trading than you are in fantasy land.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

loot is what would be tradable and that's not a good thing.

and i told you in order to trade loot you would be putting it on the auction house and it would cost wyvern tokens to list your items

"that would not be a good thing" is not a reason.  it is an OPINION.  in order for it to be a reason it has to actually has to be described as something with deleterious effects.  you would need to illustrate said effects in order to create a convincing argument

this is how debate works

@ram1024 quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

loot is what would be tradable and that's not a good thing.

and i told you in order to trade loot you would be putting it on the auction house and it would cost wyvern tokens to list your items

"that would not be a good thing" is not a reason.  it is an OPINION.  in order for it to be a reason it has to actually has to be described as something with deleterious effects.  you would need to illustrate said effects in order to create a convincing argument

this is how debate works

It's already been said Trendy aren't going to be having a Diablo type Real Auction house.

It's not an opinion it's fact. Watch and see when we get it.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:It's already been said Trendy aren't going to be having a Diablo type Real Auction house.

ram keeps talking about the auction house he suggested and no one really wanted, I'm gonna save you some time, just ignore him, with his CAPS and his little way to ignore what everyone has said I can tell he isn't a lover of common sense, I'd say just leave it and let the thread die, I've done it with the others

@PixelGames quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:It's already been said Trendy aren't going to be having a Diablo type Real Auction house.

ram keeps talking about the auction house he suggested and no one really wanted, I'm gonna save you some time, just ignore him, with his CAPS and his little way to ignore what everyone has said I can tell he isn't a lover of common sense, I'd say just leave it and let the thread die, I've done it with the others

Taking your advice and @Ram it's been said on a couple of the dev streams.

Now this topic can die if that's what you wanted.

The gem packs in the steam store can bought as gifts, people could trade items for gems, P2W.

Yes leaderboards are coming with cosmetic rewards, which is competitive and makes it P2W.

The loot system shouldn't be so bad we need trading. Stat rerolls and passive rerolls are needed.