Sign in to follow this  
JCourtney

What are we expecting in the next Milestone patch?

What are we expecting in the next Milestone patch?  I know from the last dev stream that we can pretty much rule out any Hero Deck or Loot changes unfortunately.  

@JCourtney quote:

What are we expecting in the next Milestone patch?  I know from the last dev stream that we can pretty much rule out any Hero Deck or Loot changes unfortunately.  

Maybe some server optimizations or other sort of random fixin'.

No hero deck changes, no loot changes, and no matchmaking changes. The 3 biggest issues that face DD2 right now. I would like to hear about some higher priority issues if y'all have any ideas.

@clif_mcvay quote:

Hopefully a bit of balancing of characters and enemies, an onslaught complete balance pass, and some new spheres.

Yeah.  I wish onslaught was actually rewarding enough to play.  Do you think we'll ever get the DD1 feature where you could pick the starting wave on onslaught?  

New spheres and item passives are always welcome.  

@Sirloin quote:

@JCourtney quote:

No hero deck changes, no loot changes, and no matchmaking changes. The 3 biggest issues that face DD2 right now. I would like to hear about some higher priority issues if y'all have any ideas.

As I mentioned in another thread, it's actually on our current milestone of work to address the loot issues. It might not come out in this milestone patch as it may require multiple milestones to finish up that work. :)

I would be content with balancing changes. Anything to change the boring meta of traps and frost towers. Squire and app towers should be staple in every build, monk and huntress support/utility.

@iamisom quote:

@Sirloin quote:

@JCourtney quote:

As I mentioned in another thread, it's actually on our current milestone of work to address the loot issues. It might not come out in this milestone patch as it may require multiple milestones to finish up that work. :)

First of all I want to say that I appreciate the apparent effort Trendy makes to keep the alpha player base in the loop with the Dev streams every week and having personnel respond to player concerns on the forums.

Secondly, I understand there are cons associated with giving out too much information regarding what's in the works and what's a ways down the road.

That being said, is there a public page somewhere which details the focus of work for different periods of time? Some kind of development road map players could refer to? It would be nice to have something solid and written down to refer to. So when a player (myself for example) mentions a hackneyed issue (loot drop problems) someone else can ctrl+v that link in as if to say "Yes that's an issue. Yes it's on Trendy's radar. The MileMap has that issue scheduled to be resolved by X date."

Even if it needs to be revised monthly, quarterly whatever. It would be nice to have a reference to what Trendy is currently working on.

What I expect to see are balancing fixes to towers to make other towers online with traps and frost. I expect to see balance changes to the mid game so players have to start putting some thought into towers and placement. I expect to see something done about the 30-50 grind (hoping they move insane to help that)

What we will actually see is probably more content release and updates to the inventory management system. Anything that is tied to money will now get a lot more focus.

I expect being able to start a private game and then make it public if i want to.

I expect some sort of trading function. It doesn't have to be very advanced, just being able to give an item to a friend.

I expect improved kick and ban functionality. If i start a private game and make that game public, i want full kick control. At the same time, i want an option to completely ban an individual from ever joining one of my games again.

I expect some sort of requirements for joining endgames at high level. Nothing more annoying than joining a NM4 Incursion map, where a complete beginner just throws mana in your head and expect you to build everything.

@JCourtney quote:

@clif_mcvay quote:

Hopefully a bit of balancing of characters and enemies, an onslaught complete balance pass, and some new spheres.

Yeah.  I wish onslaught was actually rewarding enough to play.  Do you think we'll ever get the DD1 feature where you could pick the starting wave on onslaught?  

New spheres and item passives are always welcome.  

It was mentioned in the dev stream that they were "looking into" adding the starting wave feature or something similar.  For whatever that's worth.

@Sirloin quote:

First of all I want to say that I appreciate the apparent effort Trendy makes to keep the alpha player base in the loop with the Dev streams every week and having personnel respond to player concerns on the forums.

Secondly, I understand there are cons associated with giving out too much information regarding what's in the works and what's a ways down the road.

That being said, is there a public page somewhere which details the focus of work for different periods of time? Some kind of development road map players could refer to? It would be nice to have something solid and written down to refer to. So when a player (myself for example) mentions a hackneyed issue (loot drop problems) someone else can ctrl+v that link in as if to say "Yes that's an issue. Yes it's on Trendy's radar. The MileMap has that issue scheduled to be resolved by X date.

Even if it needs to be revised monthly, quarterly whatever. It would be nice to have a reference to what Trendy is currently working on.

I'll talk to the team about having some sort of revised roadmap. No promises. :)

i think that they have to rebuild some nm4 maps, betsy  and other maps, are impossible with the gear of nm4, in my opinion, never  seen a guy who defeated betsy nm4 on this game patch version. i know that nm4 is a challenge, okay, but  when you cant defeat betsy with the best build setup atm with 4 guys with more than 700 ipwr  on gear and upgraded etc.. something fails.

I hope that they will balance app DPS  and make app DPS more usefull, like the huntress.  

@xCrispy quote:

I would be content with balancing changes. Anything to change the boring meta of traps and frost towers. Squire and app towers should be staple in every build, monk and huntress support/utility.

It's not like it can't be done any other way. If you have the right builders with decent stats it's quite doable.

A lot of the people who assume it can't be done might have not tried or simply didn't have stats up to par on that builder.

Oh I agree wholeheartedly, and I've been intentionally staying away from the typical cookie cutter builds recently and have found that there are definitely viable alternatives.

@Anndgrim quote:

@xCrispy quote:

It's not like it can't be done any other way. If you have the right builders with decent stats it's quite doable.

A lot of the people who assume it can't be done might have not tried or simply didn't have stats up to par on that builder.

I want to see towers reworked, especially the uber sphere towers like flamethrowers and ESPECIALLY heavy cannon.  The heavy cannon is the worst tower in the game.  It has less health, less damage, loses its AA ability from a standard cannon, fires much slower, has less of an angle that it can hit things, AND sometimes just rolls through the floor or the cannon ball just vanishes during the roll.  What a waste of wyvern tokens and waste of uber slot.  I wanted to use their range to my advantage, but the stupid things just roll off the map or goes through the floor so what's the point?

@AshaMarie quote:

I want to see towers reworked, especially the uber sphere towers like flamethrowers and ESPECIALLY heavy cannon.  The heavy cannon is the worst tower in the game.  It has less health, less damage, loses its AA ability from a standard cannon, fires much slower, has less of an angle that it can hit things, AND sometimes just rolls through the floor or the cannon ball just vanishes during the roll.  What a waste of wyvern tokens and waste of uber slot.  I wanted to use their range to my advantage, but the stupid things just roll off the map or goes through the floor so what's the point?

Same here, have they talked about those ubers on a stream?

Fix the barricades. Should be number one priority.

No hero deck for solo.

No luck based loot system, gear is too important in this game and when there's such a large gap between lower and upper nm4, 250k walls vs 380k walls for example, it's hard to balance around such a huge gap and will hurt leaderboards when they come.

More diversity in strategy.

Pure strategy mode.

Server browser.

DD1 maps back into the game.

@Arkaeron quote:

i think that they have to rebuild some nm4 maps, betsy  and other maps, are impossible with the gear of nm4, in my opinion, never  seen a guy who defeated betsy nm4 on this game patch version. i know that nm4 is a challenge, okay, but  when you cant defeat betsy with the best build setup atm with 4 guys with more than 700 ipwr  on gear and upgraded etc.. something fails.

I hope that they will balance app DPS  and make app DPS more usefull, like the huntress.  

but ive seen people beat betsy in NM4??? here is one of them http://www.twitch.tv/danishperfection/profile

And the betsy map is actually really fun to do, I just wish their was more incentive to doing that map. It gives less-same amount of loot as other NM4 maps but its much harder to do and takes a lot longer. Maybe increase the amount of drops betsy gives, or maybe have bonus chests appear behind betsy's nest after you win. Or buff the betsy weapons, or you can increase the iPWR of the betsy map to be the highest iPWR map their is.

@mokn quote:

Fix the barricades. Should be number one priority.

No hero deck for solo.

No luck based loot system, gear is too important in this game and when there's such a large gap between lower and upper nm4, 250k walls vs 380k walls for example, it's hard to balance around such a huge gap and will hurt leaderboards when they come.

More diversity in strategy.

Pure strategy mode.

Server browser.

DD1 maps back into the game.

+1000

[[41380,users]]

If you block steam profile / communication through Steam this may prevent them from joining you again, pure speculation though.

What I want, not expect, is;

- ability to buy more bags

- further inventory improvemts I.e. one bag with folders etc that ui like ps4 has that matches slots to what you have.

- more uber and spheres in general including DPS focused ones.

- Melee improvemts I.e. the 'step to feature improved / removed with better free moment enabled. Squire blocking not requiring such intelligent rmb'ing.

- all passives effects listed on tool tips.

- dummy to be affect by passives (heh, chain up a goblin with infinite health, just don't tell PETA)

- ranged attacks auto aim is played about with, on one hand it's nice to not have to be pixel perfect, but when I'm aiming at a particular mob in a crowd and auto aim diverts it somewhere else, that's a no no

- stacking pet food

- let me buy more bags

- disappearing mana fixed, both solo ground and duo double chest opening

- let me buy more bags

- hero deeeck, anything please!!! 

@Spencer1K quote:

@Arkaeron quote:

but ive seen people beat betsy in NM4??? here is one of them http://www.twitch.tv/danishperfection/profile

And the betsy map is actually really fun to do, I just wish their was more incentive to doing that map. It gives less-same amount of loot as other NM4 maps but its much harder to do and takes a lot longer. Maybe increase the amount of drops betsy gives, or maybe have bonus chests appear behind betsy's nest after you win. Or buff the betsy weapons, or you can increase the iPWR of the betsy map to be the highest iPWR map their is.

Can you link the part where he's doing NM4 betsy?  I only found him losing in NM3 with 2 other randos.  He does mostly NM3 solo

I want to see a bandaid fix for a 5th Hero deck slot, until you can come up with a resolution to the catastrophe you call the Hero Deck.

That and an option to auto sell loot from each wave below mythical.

Also bring back Sharken. It's not Dungeon Defenders with out my fav enemy.