Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Questions for Devstream 44

Have a question for Trendy? Ask away in this thread, and we'll do our best to answer them on the Devstream on Friday, November 6th at 5PM EDT. Please follow the format below. We will select 5-10 long-form questions and as many lightning round questions as we can to answer on the Devstream.

Format:

Two questions that you would like to get a longer answer on. As many questions as you would like to get a yes/no on. Please mark these as "Lightning" at the beginning of the question. (For example, "Lightning:  Are you excited for Isom's mixtape?")

1.- Are you planing to improve the strategy on this game?, at the moment is too linear and it gets boring, please take a look at this thread

https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/128012/we-need-more-tower-defense-strategy?scrollTo=1181306[[8582,hashtags]]

2.- Are you gonna address the problem of everyone doing the Frosty Trap build?, nerfing it isn't an option since its seems to be the most effective if not the only way to beat End Game / Incursion.

Allow me to make a third important question

3.- What are the plans so far regarding trading between players?, some of us are totally against it because we have seen the flaws in other games, real world trading, bots, duplicating items, and many other exploits that have ruined the game experience for players, but, I might need to point out that other players want to see trading happening, so what are your thoughts on this topic?

Lightning:

Would you guys add some hotkeys to swap heroes?, could be on the F1 - F4  keys

1. Will Defense Speed and Defense Range be brought back to gear stats? Having more opportunity to build both will allow for more creative builds in the future rather than the static few from the lack of both we have now.

2. Will we eventually see each individual element play their own bigger roll in builds in the future and be able to build for each element when we need to, like changing the Flameburst tower into a tower that shoots a ball of ice (Iceburst Tower?) that does more damage to enemies that are weak to ice?

1.) How are you coming along with fixing the Tab key for chat? It still functions the same as console chat needing "say" before everything.

2.) In one of the surveys, it asked if we would like a system that lets us choose which 4 defenses we want to build with as an alternative to equipping and unequipping defensive uber spheres. What are your plans for this and do they involve adding a hotkey system like what was discussed with switching between heroes faster?

Lighting: When you start doing two-part Devstreams, could you make ball-lightning round permanent?

Lightning: Will there be an update to fit all resolutions on the screen? Currently, I have to lower the resolution before I can set it to 1440p resolution.

Lightning: Will you be releasing more purchasable bags this month?

Lightning: Will you be releasing any Uber spheres this month?

Lightning: The weapon challenge made co-op in the Halloween Event almost non-existent since everyone was stealing chests or playing solo.  Will the next event be more co-op friendly?

Lightning: I've played numerous games and my pet's affection level still didn't go up. Are we getting an increase to pet affection exp soon?

1. Plans to strengthen Earthshatter towers? Previous streams you've stated they were meant to have high critical chance.

2. Chance of implementing the DD1 ability to activate traps from distance?

3. Chance of making Squire's Training Dummy and Huntress Geyser Trap viable in nightmare mode?

4. Any DU or starting mana changes in the future for particularly hard or easy maps?

5. Timeline/Patch estimate of when more combos will be added.

6. Lastly, any vaguely worded spoilers you can toss our way? Use a haiku I don't care. >.>

Are there any plans to adjust Monk Auras and Huntress traps and tune them up? Reworking them entirely or simply number tweaks? If so, how long till we can expect to see these changes?

1) Why does there seem to be a focus on creating new maps/bosses/themed events when a lot of core game play features have unresolved issues?

Such as the new player level 1-50 progression experience/pacing, having the ability to make custom games with level/itemlevel restrictions, and loot being over-tuned to compensate for unsatisfactory drops tables.

When will pet ability rerolling be in the game? 

This has been brought up in past devstreams, and the devs seem to think it's a current feature in the game, yet it isn't. Maybe it's bugged?

Are you planning in letting us upgrade pet rarity, or somehow else make the cute currently "powerful" pets useful? I love their visuals but the stats are too poor to be used. :(

Lightning: When will we get more Ubers?

1. Can you go into a little more detail of the changes that will be made to the PS4 version after wipeageddon beyond the content getting closer to the PC version? (Ex: controls, split screen, Inventory changes, menu changes, etc...)

2. Are you working towards a better split screen experience? Such as fixing split screen menus like in DD1 where each player has their own menu that doesn't disrupt the other player.

Lightning: While playing split screen will it eventually be set up so each player has their own menu that doesn't disrupt the other players game play?

Lightning: Will you ever be adding more towers for each character or more abilities you can switch between for more customization?

Lightning: Will there be an auto loot button or action?

Lightning: Will there be an auto-sell feature where you can select certain quality of gear that sells automatically?

How long until you add in detail descriptions on towers and abilities? Id love to know how things scale.

Lightning: Can you add the slow strength to the ice tower's stats when we hit E?

1)  Will we see any kind of improvements to the uber spheres ?

2)  Will ever exist the possibility to create a Clan/Group ? + something like a bank for that clan where everyone could donate gold and items for others.

3)  Can you bring the trade sistem faster please ? :D

4)  How about new chat rooms? like Global/Room/Clan ?

5)  WIll be more maps ? and maybe more complex? :D

6) Will be there any kind of rewards for the ones who play now in alpha ? 

7) Have you ever thouth about the ideea of implement a mic communication sistem in the game? ( in the game,not in tavern )

8) Pet food...need to stack 

Your trustworthy player,

Make .

1) Have you considered implementing a dual spec system?  As in you can have two different sets of gear and two different sets of heroe stats where you can swap easily between them. This might go a long way in helping out with heroe deck concerns. 

2) when balancing the game will you  buff what is weak instead of nerfing what is already viable? What is your policy on this aspect of development?

Lightning: when will the pet food stack? 

Long: Currently on the PS4 I seem to be having issues finding gear to customize a defense tower speed and health build . I keep finding low level gear only blues and greens while playing incursion. A friend has the issue when looking for defense attack power gear. The second part I find a problem with is when I let towers do all the killing, way less loot drops. Even from the bosses. Will this be fixed come wipeageddon? 

Long: I don't have crazy amounts of time to level grind two squires, or two huntress builds being a single father. Friends are not always online so there are times where I must solo maps. Is there a way for trendy to implement gear sets to swap between as opposed to grinding out multiple characters for defense builds. 

Unfamiliar with PC patches so here are my lightning questions;

Lightning: Will we ever see a inventory sort button similar to DD1? I hate to have to look through gear to find where that legendary whatever went to! 

Lightning: Will ps4 get all event pets that PC players have received? If not, I really hope so, will they be obtainable in some form and how? 

Lightning: What are some ideas of future pets unrelated to events? 

Lightning: Will we see pets like the doll versions of the characters from DD1? 

Lightning: Will we see Skittles return? Please bring him back! 

Lightning: Not a question, but make a Skittles doll available with that Valentine's Day mixtape ;)

@Infidel_Dragunov quote:

Lightning: Will we ever see a inventory sort button similar to DD1? I hate to have to look through gear to find where that legendary whatever went to! 

You can currently set your bags to display items in descending Item quality so that the legendary items are first. You do have to set this manually for each bag, though only once

1. How has progress been on fixing the issues with creep pathing? (Enemies stuck in spawn or walking over barricade)

2. Can you tell us if your going to remove frosty power from the game since its a strange stat for apprentice overall, and if you do what do you plan on doing to make other builds more viable for endgame?

Lightning: Will we see Tower Speed as a stat on gear again? Its a much more interesting stat then defense crit damage since it combos with on hit abilities for towers and really helps to create fun builds.

Lightning: Can you remove the fact that premium pets have a special ability other pets cant get? Even if they arnt good abilities now, this could become a pay-to-win situation if a strong premium pet ability is created.

1. Besides new content what are the top priority game mechanics you are going to fix and when can we see these changes?

2. Setting aside the remove or change aspect of the hero deck, it is clear the masses want something done. Why has this topic not received an upgrade in priority and why do you just gloss over it each week?

Lightning: would you like a PB&J sandwich

Lightning: with the influx of trolls will matchmaking get worked on anytime soon?

Lightning:

• Do you intend to give the Elemental Chaos trap a different color so we can tell easier which one another player has built?
  • Will we be able to rename our heroes at a later time?
  • Will the respec hero cost (1.500 gold) be increased later?