I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but on the 2nd map, it looks like the small blue glowing mushrooms make the shape of an arrow. (There are a couple back behind the gate, and one up on the hill.) Also, that arrow looks like its pointing to either the jack o lanterns or the big fallen log with mushrooms on it. The log and the lanterns are near the spiders btw. Then again, the arrow could be pointing to the shrine where you get the buff.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm what if it is a combination of clear marks, activate traps and shrine?

Trigger all 4 spiders in the right order? Clearing a mark, trigger a trap and go back to the shrine and all that in the right order? Maybe even changing Classes between the Waves?

I need to test if the Holy thing change in any way if i clear marks or trigger traps.

The annoying part is that i need soooo much time for every test because i always need to play to wave 6 .... well played trendy, well played.

Somehow the new Hints here in the Forum didnt help me...

4 on 6 you've already seen
So you showed it in the stream then? Still dont know what the 4 means... 4 traps/marks/on wave 6?
(at least this hint kills the 4 hero part of the 4 on 6 hint because we didnt see 4 heroes in the stream)

the secret was hinted at the dev stream
.... nkay ... you already said that in the stream...

with 3 others you'll be fine
so you cant do it Solo? Well im f*ed & wasted my time with trying it.

what is it about that shrine
Yea ... what is it about? ... No symbols, No Hints, Nothing that helped us in any way all the time of the event.
Cant even find a story behind it...

Im a little frustrated....

On the side of the shrine there are located 4 spiders ^^ if you climb up the shrine and before you jump on the last piller when you climb it stay there, from there you can hit the 4 spiders in a row ;)

I have no idea if this is relevant or not... but if you swap heroes while standing in the shrine (and make sure the spawn-in animation finishes), when you exit out of the hero deck, screen a magical sound will play. At first I just assumed that the shrine made that noise when you gained it's holy aura... but after taking several heroes without the aura into the shrine, none of them caused the noise to occur... it only happened when swapping heroes...

Probably nothing though... Haven't tried swapping between the 4 heroes inside the shrine on wave 6, but I'm doubtful that would do anything...

@Lord_DaS quote:

I have no idea if this is relevant or not... but if you swap heroes while standing in the shrine (and make sure the spawn-in animation finishes), when you exit out of the hero deck, screen a magical sound will play. At first I just assumed that the shrine made that noise when you gained it's holy aura... but after taking several heroes without the aura into the shrine, none of them caused the noise to occur... it only happened when swapping heroes...

Probably nothing though... Haven't tried swapping between the 4 heroes inside the shrine on wave 6, but I'm doubtful that would do anything...

^^

@Lord_DaS quote:

bolt letters say: "no secret here" devs seem to be reading this actively.

I have been doing some math to find a way to solve this puzzle from a math side.

spiders in order without specific spots or a large area where you need to stand:

16 combinations

spiders in order with a very specific spot:

256 combinations

4 heroes 1 hitting one specific spider without order on a wide area to stand on:

16 combinations

spiders in order with 1 hero hitting one specific spider on a wide area to stand on:

256 combinations

spiders in order with 1 hero hitting one specific spider on a specific spot:

4096 combinations (holy crap)

This math totally shows me that we do not need to think too complex i am sure no dev would have done a puzzle that has 256 combinations and only one right solution.

A few more solutions:

4 heroes standing on each side of the pillar hitting one spider at the same time.

death marks:

what if you need 1 death mark per lane that way you also have that special 4.

but somehow i am missing how the artifact comes into play here.

maybe somebody has the time to test the 16 combination tasks^^

the only thing i thought about 4\6 is:
1.Remove mark
2.Ring bell
3.Remove mark
4.Ring bell
(it was middle ->left bells in stream)

And one more idea...
here's somethin' like almost destroyed temple where holy-buff stands...with 3 points to stand (he jumps on it in stream-> and then stands in the middle of round respawn thing)....
So idea is: 3 people in 3 points of temple => 1 player in the middle of round.

i think we have to see this more like a riddle as a secret

@TheZonk88 quote:

Try This:

mmyt29y.jpg

4 on 6 you've already seen
the secret was hinted at the dev stream
with 3 others you'll be fine
what is it about that shrine

where is this from?

i think (99%) secret is jumping on 4 temple pillars and the secret is when you open chest you get killed 

here is why: 17-23 not sure prediction (had to be spiders or jumping)

1-40  first time done               (sure, streamers said they have done it )

40-45 done second time                (sure) (didnt see using spiders)

what secret do was spoiled in first ascension part 2 patch preview (first map 2 bosses -> 2 map they will come to hunt you)

numbers show in witch min of dev stream it was done

@primoz1234 quote:

i think (99%) secret is jumping on 4 temple pillars and the secret is when you open chest you get killed 

here is why: 17-23 not sure prediction (had to be spiders or jumping)

1-40  first time done               (sure, streamers said they have done it )

40-45 done second time                (sure) (didnt see using spiders)

what secret do was spoiled in first ascension part 2 patch preview (first map 2 bosses -> 2 map they will come to hunt you)

numbers show in witch min of dev stream it was done

The secret has nothing to do with the chests as they will be removed and the undiscovered secret will remain in. 

@Esorath quote:

I love this thread.
Of all threads, I love this one. 
Four curious people, the secret will still be available after the event. 

I'm alone so I cannot test it, as it's now clear you have to be 4 people to do this. But I'm pretty sure the spiders are playing a big part of this secret. He intentionally repeated twice the word "thread", as in Spider Threads. And we now know that the temple is part of the secret too. So it could be something like: 4 players standing on the four pillars activate the 4 spiders' traps at the same time. It possibly has more to it, but clearly the spiders and the temples are part of it.
Also, what I noticed, it may not be part of it, but at the bottom of the spiders' trees, each tree have a different number of skulls. 0, 1, 2 and 3 skulls. I find it odd that each of the four trees have a different number of skulls. But maybe it's not part of the secret.

I think it's extremely interesting that a sound plays when you switch heroes next to the shrine. I think the hint given out during the stream has to do with the way he tried to jump on the four pillars that constitute the building that encloses the shrine. That was curious. I tried switching between different heroes and I noticed that the sound doesn't always play. If you're playing solo, I think it has something to do with the order in which you switch characters. I think those are the "steps" that was mentioned in the hint. I'm going to grab a few of my friends to do some tests.

I just noticed that the map found on the ground near the starting point of the Temple of the Necrotic is also in the tavern. So to me, it clearly means the map has something to do with it.

@Galnieth quote:

@Esorath quote:

I love this thread.
Of all threads, I love this one. 
Four curious people, the secret will still be available after the event. 

I'm alone so I cannot test it, as it's now clear you have to be 4 people to do this. But I'm pretty sure the spiders are playing a big part of this secret. He intentionally repeated twice the word "thread", as in Spider Threads. And we now know that the temple is part of the secret too. So it could be something like: 4 players standing on the four pillars activate the 4 spiders' traps at the same time. It possibly has more to it, but clearly the spiders and the temples are part of it.
Also, what I noticed, it may not be part of it, but at the bottom of the spiders' trees, each tree have a different number of skulls. 0, 1, 2 and 3 skulls. I find it odd that each of the four trees have a different number of skulls. But maybe it's not part of the secret.

in last weeks dev stream they mentioned the secret requires 4 steps or 4 players.

What if it's something that appears only when all 4 spiders are on cooldown?

@Diamond Doge quote:

I think it's extremely interesting that a sound plays when you switch heroes next to the shrine. I think the hint given out during the stream has to do with the way he tried to jump on the four pillars that constitute the building that encloses the shrine. That was curious. I tried switching between different heroes and I noticed that the sound doesn't always play. If you're playing solo, I think it has something to do with the order in which you switch characters. I think those are the "steps" that was mentioned in the hint. I'm going to grab a few of my friends to do some tests.

Let the spawn in animation completely finish... I thought this may have been a code at first too... but then when I left the hero deck screen open for a bit longer it happened every time, regardless of the hero

EDIT: I take that back... waiting for the animation to end does not seem to affect it... However, there doesn't appear to be a discernible pattern to it... I'll look into this further

EDIT AGAIN: Thought that perhaps the noise indicated some form of binary encoded message. But as far as I can tell it's not. Squire seems to make the noise every time, the others do it more or less randomly as far as my testing indicates. Either way, the signal doesn't translate into anything comprehensible anyway...

4 on 6 you've already seen (the hand on the map has 4 fingers turning map to the 6 fingers also makes no sence)

Turn the map you already saw in travern 60 degree clockwise (the 4 is then on the 6)

the secret was hinted at the dev stream - he used 4 spider sometimes

with 3 others you'll be fine - guess 4 spiders + 3 bells

what is it about that shrine - if you turn the map that the shrine is the x the house is pointing at maldonis but it is def impossible to lure maldonis and he is def attacking the crystal!

somethign uncommon i have to add: the bones from the hand look like they show a secret path ... why should you make 3 normal fingers and 1 boned exactly looking like the pathway

edit : what is maldonis casting btw? his casting does nothing i would say

Unbenannt.png