Sign in to follow this  
kZounds000

Spooky Secret!

@gotrunks712 quote:

He only did one hint in the stream and even stated that at the end.   The last bit was only messing around from what he said.   

well if you listen to the guy playing he says he showed it again.  in the last play through with no towers and posted the hint in our thread as well.

@drag7399 quote:

@gotrunks712 quote:

He only did one hint in the stream and even stated that at the end.   The last bit was only messing around from what he said.   

well if you listen to the guy playing he says he showed it again.  in the last play through with no towers and posted the hint in our thread as well.

I must have missed it because he specifically states at the part where Phil asks him to do it again that it was already done and wouldn't be done again in the stream.

@gotrunks712 quote:

@drag7399 quote:

@gotrunks712 quote:

I must have missed it because he specifically states at the part where Phil asks him to do it again that it was already done and wouldn't be done again in the stream.

he also posted the hint in the forums as well. yeah its a little hard to hear him I had a little trouble. I noticed the spider has 3 mushrooms. but other then that I don't see how four curious people is a hint.

I think it can be assumed, since they stated you need four heroes or have to perform four steps, that the hint in the video was the first step. I'm a keep poring over the devstream to try and find it. :)

Also, it should be noted that in the video the dev who playing, Esorath I think, said he read this thread and that we were VERY close. If you go back a couple pages, he made a comment. It's possible that when he said we were close, he was referring to something he read that we tried before he made that comment. Something to think about. I'm going to cross-reference what we've tried up to that point with what he did in the video.

Some things I've noticed as I go through the video:

--he isn't wearing one of the special Halloween weapons or skeleton skins, which makes it unlikely you need one or both of them to find the secret

--he goes out of his way to destroy every dark mark that appears before it can transform

@[MARS-LEGION]Ichiorochi quote:

@Arkaeron quote:

Can you guys put the minute  in devstream where they show the hint please? skeleton.png

Somewhere around the 36 min it gets mentioned in the Devstream [[8825,hashtags]]

This troll devs, nothing clear :(. but i like the BOB ROSS PART [[8826,hashtags]] [[8827,hashtags]]

Me and my friend are here to join anyone trying to figure this out, add me 
http://steamcommunity.com/id/thiefofalways/

@Arkaeron quote:

@Arkaeron quote:

Can you guys put the minute  in devstream where they show the hint please? skeleton.png

Somewhere around the 36 min it gets mentioned in the Devstream [[8825,hashtags]]

This troll devs, nothing clear :(. but i like the BOB ROSS PART [[8826,hashtags]] [[8827,hashtags]]

I take you watch twitch stream marathon of all the bob ross episodes

@Arkaeron quote:

@Arkaeron quote:

I take you watch twitch stream marathon of all the bob ross episodes

Arround  20 hours  watched, love it xD i love how  he ruined paints AND THEN BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.... Epic paint. Great  guy Good bless.

Also I just tested out with 4 friends from my steam Dungeon Defenders Group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DDLFG

4 different heroes with the artifact buff on on each of the pillars around the sub-objective(artifact/temple/gazebo) so not seem to work.

i wonder if specific heroes must stand on specific pillars...

Okay, so given the following hints, I am confident it has something to do with activating the environmental traps in a certain order. He did it once around the 13-15 minute mark, then a second time when he was messing around with the huntress towards the end without any towers. The first time he did it he was quite discreet about it, but he most definitely did activate them.

It also may have something to do with the options, as he opened them up both during the apprentice match and huntress match.

A major hint is going to be revealed on TE's twitch channel soon when they reach a set goal for the extra life stream.

Which isn't too far off now.

So go here to see what they reveal or donate some money to help them out for a worthy cause.

http://www.twitch.tv/trendyent

It's live atm.

Edit: The Hint is

" 4 on 6" you've already seen [] the secret was hinted at the dev stream[] with 3 others you'll be fine[] what is it about this shrine?[]

A big thanks to Esorath for yet another hint to this spooky secret.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

A major hint is going to be revealed on TE's twitch channel soon when they reach a set goal for the extra life stream.

Which isn't too far off now.

So go here to see what they reveal or donate some money to help them out for a worthy cause.

http://www.twitch.tv/trendyent

It's live atm.

Edit: The Hint is

" 4 on 6" you've already seen [] the secret was hinted at the dev stream[] with 3 others you'll be fine[] what is it about this shrine?[]

A big thanks to Esorath for yet another hint to this spooky secret.

I was about to post those.

Anyway to make it look nicer:

• 4 on 6 you've already seen
  • The secret was hinted at the dev stream
  •  with 3 others you'll be fine
  •  what is it about this shrine?

I started doing this to make more sense of the spooky secret but it didn't really help me so i thought i would share it here and maybe it will help someone else. 

while i was spending the time to mark out things i initially thought were odd or didn't make sense it all started seeming pretty mundane and his actions before the maps started looking more and more odd. Not sure if it is anything but before each map he gives the viewers a very close up of spiderwebs/spiders in odd spots that don't have any other reason (behind the tavern bar and in the back room up top) not sure if that is the actual hint but there are 4 spiders on the spooky map 2. And if you trigger them all at the same time you get a 4x ?opportunistic? i think bonus. I am starting to wonder if spiders and cobwebs are part of the hint... whatever. Probably just me going crazy.

Map start 4:35

Wave 1

- Left Bell

- Center Bell

- removed dark mark

-Left spider

- dark mark

-Right bell

-possibly CR spider??

-Right spider

-Left spider

-Dark Mark

Between Wave 1 and 2

- Repair and rebuild

-Pick up items-

Wave 2

- Menu options to unhide UI

- Dark Mark

- Center left spider

- Left spider?

- Dark Mark

- Left Bell 

- Dies 14:33

- Dark mark 14:54

- Dark Mark 14:57

- Dark Mark 15:27

- Dark Mark 15:40

Between wave 2 and 3 

-Build and repair

- Wave 3

- right spider (no mobs in spider)

- center left spider

- 17:28 (no mobs in spider)

- Left spider 17:32 (no mobs in spider)

- Dark Mark 17:38

- Middle bell 17.41

- Dark Mark 17:56

- Dark Mark 18:32

- Dark Mark 18:42

- Dark Mark 19:22

- Left Spider 19:25

- Dark Mark 19:27

- between wave 3 and 4 

- repair rebuild

- jump on roof 20:52 (all 4 corners)

- more repair rebuild 

Wave 4 start 21:57

- Kill Trikk

- Dark Mark

- 22:25 

- center left spider 22:37

- Trick or treat box 22:43

- Ghastly apprentice 22:48

- Dark mark 23:13

- Dark Mark 23:20

- Dark Mark 24:11

- Dark Mark 24:21

- Holy artifact defeated 25:14 

Between wave 4 and 5 start 25:41 

- Walks into Dark Mark 25:41

- Walks into Dark Mark 25:42

- Player heal 25:49

- repair and rebuild

- Wave 5 start 28:23

- Right bell 28:41 

- Trikk dies 29:08

- Left spider 30:44

Between wave 5 and 6 31:18

- Jump up to top of hut then jump off 31:20

-Walk into dark mark 31:36

- Player heal 31:39

- Walk into dark mark 31:55 

- Player heal 32:03- Walk into dark mark 32:12

- Player Heal 32:16- Walk into dark mark 32:18

- Player heal 32:24 - Walk into dark mark 32:32 

- Walk into dark mark 32:36 - Player heal 32:41

- Player heal 32:53 - Walk into dark mark 33:10

- Player heal 33:14

- Wave 6 start 33:21 

- Kill Trikk 

- Left Bell ?and center bell? 33:42

- Walk into Dark Mark 34:30

- Walk into Dark Mark 34:50

- Right spider 

- 34:54

- Left spider 34:59

- Center left spider 35:00

- Walk into dark mark 35:01 

- Player heal 35:08

- Walk into dark mark 35:13

- Walk into dark mark 35:40

- Walk into dark mark 35:54

- Player heal 35:56 

- Walk into dark mark 36:10 

- Walk into dark mark 36:37 

- Player heal 36:40 

- Walk into dark mark 36:43 

- Walk into dark mark 36:48

-Between Wave 6 and 7 

- 36:52- Walk into dark mark 36:53

- Player heal 36:55

- Walk into dark mark 37:20 

- Walk into dark mark 37:25 

- Player heal 37:33 

- Player heal 37:54 

- Walk into dark mark 37:58

- Walk into dark mark 38:06

- Walk into dark mark 38:08 

- Walk into dark mark 38:11 

- Walk into dark mark 38:14

- Player heal 38:20 

- Walk into dark mark 38:25 

- Player heal 38:28 

- Walk into dark mark 38:35 

- Walk into dark mark 38:44 

- Player heal 38:46

- Walk into dark mark 38:52 

- Player heal 38:55 

" Did you give a hint while we were playing? -No Don't do it again.)

Hmm... So I though perhaps this may have something to do with the undead heroes...

I attempted to have all 4 alive at once, but that is very near impossible as far as I'm concerned. Even though you can spawn them during the build phase if you happen to open the chest just before the round ends (and can lure them away from the sub-objectives so that they don't destroy them during the next round), they still despawn when all regular enemies are killed after the next round. So since there is only 2 chests max per wave, this is purely down to luck to pull this off (you would need to get two lucky undead spawns to occur during the build phase, and then 2 more during the next round, which seems very unlikely)...
Also lured undead heroes into the light shrine thing... again nothing

@Lord_DaS quote:

Hmm... So I though perhaps this may have something to do with the undead heroes...

I attempted to have all 4 alive at once, but that is very near impossible as far as I'm concerned. Even though you can spawn them during the build phase if you happen to open the chest just before the round ends (and can lure them away from the sub-objectives so that they don't destroy them during the next round), they still despawn when all regular enemies are killed after the next round. So since there is only 2 chests max per wave, this is purely down to luck to pull this off (you would need to get two lucky undead spawns to occur during the build phase, and then 2 more during the next round, which seems very unlikely)...

My understanding is solo players should be able to complete this, maybe having 4 players makes it easier, but it would be impossible to have all 4 with solo play anyway.

@Lord_DaS quote:

I'm almost certain that chests or anything related to them don't have to do with the secret. The trick or treat chests are only part of this event, meaning that they won't be a mechanic after the halloween event. However the secret *will* still be here post-Halloween, meaning that in order for the secret to stick around, they can't be related to the trick or treat chests (or spooky heroes which are tied to the chests).

Just tried running a match solo rotating through each hero while focusing on clearing the marks.  I didn't notice anything different throughout the match.  One thing that I may have missed is clearing 6 total marks with each of the 4 heroes.  I didn't keep close track of that information.  It obviously has something to do with the artifact, but I'm not sure exactly what you need to do.

Tried leaving on 4 marks total on the 6 waves before Maldonis, no luck. Also tried dying to the marks with all four hero types at least once on the 6 before him, again no luck.

Try This:

mmyt29y.jpg

4 on 6 you've already seen
the secret was hinted at the dev stream
with 3 others you'll be fine
what is it about that shrine