Sign in to follow this  
kZounds000

Spooky Secret!

@MalenkoMC quote:

I may have cracked it, but I don't know the exact route.

I found a map, on the 2nd map.  At the spawn, when facing the face rock, there is a map laying on the ground behind the busted pillar to your left (can also be found hanging behind the general in the tavern).  If you use the campground as "Home" walk that mapped out route (If you watch the stream, he sorta does it from the time he jumps off of the gazebo), then maybe you will end up on the right spot.  But I can't remember the map route when I leave it, lol.

The only problem is, what are the 4 steps?  Is it:

Step 1: start at campground

Step 2: Walk the main road toward the trees staying on the outside of the trees until you reach the U turn (where the first spider is). 

Step 3: walk through around the gazebo

Step 4: enter the gazebo

I'm assuming this is all done on wave 6.  But why would you need 4 people for it.  I think you have to trigger 4 things?  In the dev stream, he triggers the spider, but only does one.  He doesn't trigger a bell or anything.

Groups of 4 I noticed:

Spiders

Bell tones (3 bells that call ghosts and the mark killer subcore has a bell tone too)

Possible options of secret:

1. The building behind Maldonis gets lifted up by the massive skeleton hands on each side.

2. Magic rebuilds the busted monument thing and creates a key that unlocks the gate behind the spawn point.  Not sure what happens from there.

3. Face building behind Maldonis comes to life and becomes a MASSIVE boss (long shot but cool idea).

All I have to say is that it better be something EPIC!  I'm thinking Phantom Bow stuff from BF4 kinda EPIC! :D

I wish Trendy would give us some more verbal hints or at least let us know what we are on the right track about...

I hope they will not remove the maps for sake we need find about the secret.

@sportakus1 quote:

@MalenkoMC quote:

I may have cracked it, but I don't know the exact route.

I found a map, on the 2nd map.  At the spawn, when facing the face rock, there is a map laying on the ground behind the busted pillar to your left (can also be found hanging behind the general in the tavern).  If you use the campground as "Home" walk that mapped out route (If you watch the stream, he sorta does it from the time he jumps off of the gazebo), then maybe you will end up on the right spot.  But I can't remember the map route when I leave it, lol.

The only problem is, what are the 4 steps?  Is it:

Step 1: start at campground

Step 2: Walk the main road toward the trees staying on the outside of the trees until you reach the U turn (where the first spider is). 

Step 3: walk through around the gazebo

Step 4: enter the gazebo

I'm assuming this is all done on wave 6.  But why would you need 4 people for it.  I think you have to trigger 4 things?  In the dev stream, he triggers the spider, but only does one.  He doesn't trigger a bell or anything.

Groups of 4 I noticed:

Spiders

Bell tones (3 bells that call ghosts and the mark killer subcore has a bell tone too)

Possible options of secret:

1. The building behind Maldonis gets lifted up by the massive skeleton hands on each side.

2. Magic rebuilds the busted monument thing and creates a key that unlocks the gate behind the spawn point.  Not sure what happens from there.

3. Face building behind Maldonis comes to life and becomes a MASSIVE boss (long shot but cool idea).

All I have to say is that it better be something EPIC!  I'm thinking Phantom Bow stuff from BF4 kinda EPIC! :D

I wish Trendy would give us some more verbal hints or at least let us know what we are on the right track about...

I hope they will not remove the maps for sake we need find about the secret.

They already stated they will remove neither the secret nor the map.

But there is apparently another secret they intend to remove. Which i do not know. It relates to that they said there were 2 secrets during the event

why bell at 2nd map don't have any cooldown timer? anyone trying using 4 different heroes with skeleton costume? and ring all bell? it's haloween map, maybe we need to ring bell and wating at maldonis house for treat with costume

sry for my english, its not my native languague

@TykkiMikk quote:

why bell at 2nd map don't have any cooldown timer? anyone trying using 4 different heroes with skeleton costume? and ring all bell? it's haloween map, maybe we need to ring bell and wating at maldonis house for treat with costume

sry for my english, its not my native languague

I consider it unlikely that the skins are needed else people will complain about P2W

Apparently a hint was shown twice in the stream, once during the first run through of the second map and then again towards the end of the stream when he re-entered the map.

@Azeru quote:

Only thing that's unusual was that he keeps on going above the holy artifact.

I noticed that he jumps on all four pillars of the temple/holy aura second objective, has anyone tired getting four people and having one on each pillar with the holy aura debuff?

I just found something really, really interesting. Its either an amazing bug or something to do with all this. Please add me on steam if you want to help me check this out evan999333 (CA)

Found a way to get out of the map, still working on this for any hints. (Trendy if this is a bug i'm sorry :P)

I found that if you go to the arms and walk forward in this corner http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=549611519

You begin just zooming up the wall, http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/396675411361203759/F742921C50AA1FFDC44B18D23C1B72F5B685DBA4/

But not quite far enough, and if you turn around you begin falling, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=549611557

Both sides have this 'feature' and with insane move speed of both a pet ability and boots and the spheres i am able to jump out of the map (working on getting a screenshot or good vantage point) 

This could be nothing but maybe it will have find the solution.

Edit: I just got behind the east spawn gate, check my steam for screenshots or come help me :P

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/396675411361220906/37F50509247D9AFD7290C026B6DC5AD949677325/

I've been messing around abit on the  right hand side of the tomb after the dev stream today, as you hear brad at the end "did you just give..." followed by no no no no.

Soooooo....

My brain has turned to mush after staring at this green level for ages.

Tower(sky?), forward Spider(web?), maldonis(?), coffin(dead?), spider(tree hopping?), mid (shoot right/stare pit?)... wonder whats it mean

@Blueberyl quote:

Tower(sky?), forward Spider(web?), maldonis(?), coffin(dead?), spider(tree hopping?), mid (shoot right/stare pit?)... wonder whats it mean

dunno but its driving me insane!

@evan999333 quote:

Secret Found!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=549647947

Now.... how to activate it?

yeah I don't think that's it tbh, probably something that was placed there during map development for testing?, or maybe it is it but still need to find a proper way of getting to it and/or activating it :(

Also I just tested out with 4 friends from my steam Dungeon Defenders Group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DDLFG

4 different heroes with the artifact buff on on each of the pillars around the sub-objective(artifact/temple/gazebo) so not seem to work.

@[MARS-LEGION]Ichiorochi quote:

Also I just tested out with 4 friends from my steam Dungeon Defenders Group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DDLFG

4 different heroes with the artifact buff on on each of the pillars around the sub-objective(artifact/temple/gazebo) so not seem to work.

can anyone join that group? or is it just you and your friends group? also damn, I thought it might have something to do with the temple because I found it odd that there is a ramp that allows you to go up there for no particular reason, oh well :(

Random things I've noticed on the map/stream:

• Trikk leaves a purple mark behind (his last death points) and spawns from where he died last
  • There are occasionally large skeletons with different glowing rib cages (resistances?)
  • There are 6 (accessible) skeleton fingers
  • The last time the mapped was played on the stream, no defenses were used, ran around and cleared the marks after defeat...(possible that you can only activate after victory? or defeat?)
  • It's challenging but you can taunt and move Trikk

He only did one hint in the stream and even stated that at the end.   The last bit was only messing around from what he said.   

What i tested:

Jumped on all 4 Pillars with all 4 Heroes (every wave a other hero) with holy aura while no mark was spawned.

I also had Skeleton Skin and Halloween Weapons equipt but i dont think that this matters because the secret will still be there after the Halloweenfeatures are gone.

It didnt do anything.

Also tried to hit the Buttonlike thing on the spawnpoint with holy Aura and every hero.

Also dont do anything.

I dont get it...

4People or 4 Steps ...

Only thing i can think of is that this means we need all 4 classes to activate something. Its the only thing we realy can do solo over more waves or instant with 4 peoples.

Be ready with 4 on 6 ...

For me it is the first Hint "4" on wave 6.

The First 2 Hints dont realy help ...

Then i watched the stream and at the end it was mentioned that he showed a Hint in his playthrough... i watch the stream now 5 times and dont see a Hint... at least nothing that match with the 2 first hints ... he realy tries to kill the marks or defend the holy thing, beside of that i only see him playing like everyone. Even i jump sometime on the pillars and look over the map.

Maybe the hint was the difficulty gashy but that would not work with the normal difficultys because the Secret will still be available there.

I think the Hint is more the Map itself. We didnt get Infos on wich Map the Secret is sooo maybe thats it.

Next Hint that doesnt help me to solve it ^^

@Blehard quote:

@[MARS-LEGION]Ichiorochi quote:

can anyone join that group? or is it just you and your friends group? also damn, I thought it might have something to do with the temple because I found it odd that there is a ramp that allows you to go up there for no particular reason, oh well :(

Anyone can join http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DDLFG