Sign in to follow this  
kZounds000

Spooky Secret!

@Esorath quote:

I love this thread.
Of all threads, I love this one. 
Four curious people, the secret will still be available after the event. 

Ooh, so does that mean it doesn't have anything to do with the chests, or are they sticking around in the regular versions?

@Esorath quote:

I love this thread.

More hints :D

I wonder if it has something to do with the mana chests. Both maps have four chests, and if it involves opening all four than it could work with the four players or four steps clue.

I've tried opening all four chests using a different hero each time, but that didn't do it. Same for using just one hero to open all four chests.

@Esorath quote:

I love this thread.

is the strike-through intended? xD

@Esorath quote:

I love this thread.

Hint request:  Does it have anything to do with bells?

There is a TON of unused space in the back of map 2.  There is the broken monument thing, it has 3 pillars and what looks like a button.  Maybe you have to stand on each pillar and then stand on the button?

I've found 4 bells on the map (3 call ghosts and 1 is tiny on a soul stone car), maybe something there?

I am dedicating as much time as possible to finding this today.  I'm at work, so a bunch of it is going to be during small work items.  Then when I get home I plan to dedicate my night to it until I find it.  

Does anyone have all of the hints in one place?  If not, do you know where they started hinting at this?  That would give me a place to start looking anyway to gather info.

@MalenkoMC quote:

There is a TON of unused space in the back of map 2.  There is the broken monument thing, it has 3 pillars and what looks like a button.  Maybe you have to stand on each pillar and then stand on the button?

I've found 4 bells on the map (3 call ghosts and 1 is tiny on a soul stone car), maybe something there?

I am dedicating as much time as possible to finding this today.  I'm at work, so a bunch of it is going to be during small work items.  Then when I get home I plan to dedicate my night to it until I find it.  

Does anyone have all of the hints in one place?  If not, do you know where they started hinting at this?  That would give me a place to start looking anyway to gather info.

We have two hints at this point. We know the secret requires "four people, or four steps" as mentioned by Danny Araya on the latest devstream, and that we should be ready with "four on six" as mentioned by Jeffrey Bickel on the second to last devlog. I'm inclined to believe the secret doesn't have to do with either map individually, since none of their hints have been specific to either one. But who knows! Most people think the "six" is referring to wave six, which is curious because it's the only wave that Treet spawns on. I'd also recommend you go through the earlier parts of this thread and find out what people have already tried. I'm thinking of making a Google Doc so that people don't keep trying the same thing over and over again.

@Diamond Doge quote:

@MalenkoMC quote:

We have two hints at this point. We know the secret requires "four people, or four steps" as mentioned by Danny Araya on the latest devstream, and that we should be ready with "four on six" as mentioned by Jeffrey Bickel on the second to last devlog. I'm inclined to believe the secret doesn't have to do with either map individually, since none of their hints have been specific to either one. But who knows! Most people think the "six" is referring to wave six, which is curious because it's the only wave that Treet spawns on. I'd also recommend you go through the earlier parts of this thread and find out what people have already tried. I'm thinking of making a Google Doc so that people don't keep trying the same thing over and over again.

Treet spawns on wave 7 in the first map... 

Maybe it has to do something with the spooky weapons? Maybe you need to do certain things with those equiped.

Just a suggestion

Hm... well, one thing 4 players can do but one needs to do in steps is use the special weapons on something, likely the special boss.

I'm also wondering if mentioning thread twice suggests something involving spiders. However, that's speculation.

In the mean time, try noting down things there are four of, things with or lacking statues of, odd looking monsters, and attempt to use special weapons here in different ways. Perhaps finish the boss off using ONLY said weapons?

You're able to get 4 of the dark marks to spawn in if you keep enemies alive during the wave. Destroy all 4 of them on wave 6?

Going by the Dev response to this thread, surely that then rules out any interaction with the halloween summons, the trick or treat chests or Trikk / Treat as all of those things are halloween event specific. Coupling that with what we already know, we are looking for something within the maps themselves as a combination / event which should narrow down the focus slightly.

Personally I find it likely that its something to do with the ruined thing on the Temple map that is behind your crystal carts. Assuming it was to assemble, it would be much like the temple map earlier in the campaign where the big floating disks were shooting out a laser to hold back waves / activate stuff. This ruin looks very similar to that, and is pointed directly at Malganis. This would in my mind lend credence to the "4 on 6" clue as if there was something you could do to activiate it on wave six, Malganis would then be affected in time for his spawn on wave 7...

All assumption of course but its where I will be focusing my own search :)

Today's devstream, Esorath played and said that he gave a hint while playing.  What we do know is that it is on the second map.  I noticed the following while playing:

• Cleared all curse areas until the sub objective to cure them went down around wave 5.
  • Jumped around on the roof of that sub objective, but seemed to only be navigating the map.
  • Activated the bells at the beginning of the map, and some spiders throughout the map, but in no noticeable pattern.
  • Otherwise played the map normally.

Also from what was mentioned, the trick chests have nothing to do with it because they will be leaving, but the current undiscovered secret will remain in after the event.

Edit:  I also paid careful attention throughout wave 6, and nothing out of the norm was done from what I could see.

Watched through the entire map play twice, literally seen nothing out of the ordinary... really frustrating as I am sure to someone who knows the answer to the puzzle it seemed like a "hint" but at the moment I keep coming back to spend hours trying to find this thing with no result.

Going by Esoraths quote

@Esorath quote:

I love this thread.

It would appear that you need 4 people. And this is just me assuming, but I think it has something to do with the roof of the "temple" where in the artifact is.

Either way Trendy, Esorath, Collin, I_Pass_butter: Please give us at least a tangible hint for crying out loud. Or make a post that is the collection of all the hints you have given us.

In another story I hear there is suppose to be another secret, or was another secret, that people have found, what was that? the spooky ghosts?

I may have cracked it, but I don't know the exact route.

I found a map, on the 2nd map.  At the spawn, when facing the face rock, there is a map laying on the ground behind the busted pillar to your left (can also be found hanging behind the general in the tavern).  If you use the campground as "Home" walk that mapped out route (If you watch the stream, he sorta does it from the time he jumps off of the gazebo), then maybe you will end up on the right spot.  But I can't remember the map route when I leave it, lol.

The only problem is, what are the 4 steps?  Is it:

Step 1: start at campground

Step 2: Walk the main road toward the trees staying on the outside of the trees until you reach the U turn (where the first spider is). 

Step 3: walk through around the gazebo

Step 4: enter the gazebo

I'm assuming this is all done on wave 6.  But why would you need 4 people for it.  I think you have to trigger 4 things?  In the dev stream, he triggers the spider, but only does one.  He doesn't trigger a bell or anything.

Groups of 4 I noticed:

Spiders

Bell tones (3 bells that call ghosts and the mark killer subcore has a bell tone too)

Possible options of secret:

1. The building behind Maldonis gets lifted up by the massive skeleton hands on each side.

2. Magic rebuilds the busted monument thing and creates a key that unlocks the gate behind the spawn point.  Not sure what happens from there.

3. Face building behind Maldonis comes to life and becomes a MASSIVE boss (long shot but cool idea).

All I have to say is that it better be something EPIC!  I'm thinking Phantom Bow stuff from BF4 kinda EPIC! :D

I wish Trendy would give us some more verbal hints or at least let us know what we are on the right track about...

@gotrunks712 quote:

Today's devstream, Esorath played and said that he gave a hint while playing.  What we do know is that it is on the second map.  I noticed the following while playing:

• Cleared all curse areas until the sub objective to cure them went down around wave 5.
  • Jumped around on the roof of that sub objective, but seemed to only be navigating the map.
  • Activated the bells at the beginning of the map, and some spiders throughout the map, but in no noticeable pattern.
  • Otherwise played the map normally.

Also from what was mentioned, the trick chests have nothing to do with it because they will be leaving, but the current undiscovered secret will remain in after the event.

Edit:  I also paid careful attention throughout wave 6, and nothing out of the norm was done from what I could see.

I watched it too, I noticed that he jumped on all four pillars of the temple, what if you had 4 people with the holy debuff on those pillars?