Sign in to follow this  
kZounds000

Spooky Secret!

I thought it had something to do with using the 4 defenses shown on loading screen all at same time for some spooky super effect or something but eh... I hate dart towers and the monk's AA tower can only hit air so idk...  I also noticed that there is a keyhole on the gates of both maps.  I actually tried to look for a hidden key or something lol.

On the first spooky map, I actually got myself trapped in one of the enemy spawns, but I doubt that's a easter egg.  It's just a funny glitch.

Here's an idea. The enemy heroes have such low health they usually die before they can do anything. Maybe it has something to do with them? This would explain why the secret hasn't been found yet. Perhaps you have to have each of the four enemy heroes out at once? This seems like it would violate the solo rule, though. Maybe something crazy like having your hero killed by the enemy hero? This sounds like fun, wish we had more time to puzzle it out. I think the secret is fundamentally connected to the four enemy heroes, but I don't know how.

@Diamond Doge quote:

Perhaps you have to have each of the four enemy heroes out at once? This seems like it would violate the solo rule, though. Maybe something crazy like having your hero killed by the enemy hero? This sounds like fun, wish we had more time to puzzle it out.

1. No can do - max 2 chests spawn per wave, so there is no way to have all 4 ghastly heroes out at once.

2. We have one more week to figure it out, but by now most of the people I know avoid spooky maps like the plague. Oh well, good luck anyway.

I am hoping Trendy will give at least some hint as to what is supposed to happen, especially as the maps will be leaving the queue in a week.  I have seen people try pretty much everything with no changes...

my theory

own each of the 4 heroes with the equipped halloween weapon

kill trikk with each of the heroes over the course of the 7 waves.  he can't be killed using towers, he has to die to the heroes

@gotrunks712 quote:

I am hoping Trendy will give at least some hint as to what is supposed to happen, especially as the maps will be leaving the queue in a week.  I have seen people try pretty much everything with no changes...

The maps will not be leaving. They are supposed to be permanent maps. The trick or treat chests will however be gone and the challenges will be incompletable for people who did not get them all(specifically the summoning of the heroes and difficulty challenges). After the event goes away they should become queue-able maps with all the normal difficulties

@Pneuma quote:

@gotrunks712 quote:

The maps will not be leaving. They are supposed to be permanent maps. The trick or treat chests will however be gone and the challenges will be incompletable for people who did not get them all(specifically the summoning of the heroes and difficulty challenges). After the event goes away they should become queue-able maps with all the normal difficulties

That doesn't mean that whatever the secret is will all be do able. 

The DevStream stated that it requires 4 steps or 4 people.  The DevLog 46 states that we should be ready with "4 on 6."  I am guessing this refers to wave 6 and something to do with each of the 4 heroes on that wave or the build phase of that wave in order to unlock.

Guys. I think I know. I have been trying to do it, to no avail. To complete it, you would preferably require 4 squires.

What happens on wave 6? Treet pops out. You know that weak boss who drops next to nothing? Well happens he has a friend, Trikk who appears every round. What if Trikk and Treet were to be reunited? Destroy defenses or build behind trikk to taunt him all the way to the other lane. Would something happen?

I mean, they ARE called Trikk and Treet.

If someone wants to try, reply ASAP.

@Forgetful Sprite quote:

Guys. I think I know. I have been trying to do it, to no avail. To complete it, you would preferably require 4 squires.

What happens on wave 6? Treet pops out. You know that weak boss who drops next to nothing? Well happens he has a friend, Trikk who appears every round. What if Trikk and Treet were to be reunited? Destroy defenses or build behind trikk to taunt him all the way to the other lane. Would something happen?

That doesn't exactly fit in with the 4 steps tip though...

@gotrunks712 quote:

@Forgetful Sprite quote:

That doesn't exactly fit in with the 4 steps tip though...

Unless you know a puzzle at its core, you don't plan all four steps ahead. You start by finding the first step there is. 

@Forgetful Sprite quote:Unless you know a puzzle at its core, you don't plan all four steps ahead. You start by finding the first step there is. 

Regardless of that fact, I just tried kiting one of them past a crystal and it's impossible.  They don't even taunt off of the thing.

He also spawns on wave 7.

There are a few things I could think of: 

- Open a chest with a different class each wave. Chest only spawns in wave 2 3 4 5 so that you will be ready in wave 6 and that also fits in the 4 steps limit.

- Spawn the spooky version, have the weapon dropped, then don't collect it, and you will have all halloween weapons on the ground. ( This seems like something next to impossible because of the RNG nature of the game, though it might worth a shot)

@MoneyLover quote:

There are a few things I could think of: 

- Open a chest with a different class each wave. Chest only spawns in wave 2 3 4 5 so that you will be ready in wave 6 and that also fits in the 4 steps limit.

- Spawn the spooky version, have the weapon dropped, then don't collect it, and you will have all halloween weapons on the ground. ( This seems like something next to impossible because of the RNG nature of the game, though it might worth a shot)

Quick update on this:

- What I did:

+ Lowest iPWR map 2

+ Brought all 4 classes while wearing the halloween costumes with the halloween weapons.

+ Opened chests with each class (Round 2 3 4 5)

+The Spooky version of each did spawn and were killed by towers (Note: Confirmed here that even with towers' kills you still can get the weapons, no need to kill it by hands)
+Killed Trikk with each class (Round 3 4 5 6). Trikk did not spawn in round 2 for me.

... And this was the only event that happened.
3E40F4497572A43AC625EB283534CE2487A7893C

@Forgetful Sprite quote:

Tried this with friends. They do nothing when they are next to each other

@gotrunks712 quote:

The DevStream stated that it requires 4 steps or 4 people.  The DevLog 46 states that we should be ready with "4 on 6."  I am guessing this refers to wave 6 and something to do with each of the 4 heroes on that wave or the build phase of that wave in order to unlock.

I have not seen the devstream

However the 4 on 6 could mean 4 defenders vs 6 bosses (one from each spawn).

Just throwing out ideas as I do not have the time to experiment looking for the solution sadly

This last spooky secret is getting rather infuriating! I have looked all over both maps for any hints hidden in the maps to no avail and tried many of the suggestions found on the forum. MUST FIND OUT WHAT THIS SECRET SPOOKINESS IS!!!!!!!!

Things I have tried on Temple of the Necrotic:

• Full Clear without opening any chests (no mana no trick or treat chests) so cleared without defenses or losing any of the sub-objectives.
  • Full clear opening all the trick or treat chests but not killing the enemy that spawns when the chest was a trick.
  • Waiting to kill Maldonis till he is the very last enemy
  • Kill Triik after killing Maldonis
  • Tried to kite Maldonis to the Alter where the completion chests spawn to no avail.
  • Full Clear using only one hero. All defenses built and dmg done by that one hero

People keep mentioning it can be done solo, but the last dev stream I heard nothing about that. The only thing I gathered was it takes 4 players or 4 steps. Can someone tell me what dev stream they mentioned that it can be done solo.

The one thing I wanted to try with my friends was having each player on a different character equipped with their class spook weapon. Have each player open up a chest to spawn the evil hero.

I've tried doing this method solo with no results, but I think it might need 4 different players opening and spawning evil hero's referring to the "It takes 4 players".

Im pretty sure it has something to do with the evil hero's because through 1 spook game your guaranteed to spawn 4 evil hero's, well from what I have played I have always spawned 4 evil hero's. It's the only consistent thing through both maps that ties into the "4".

When most players play together there is only 1-2 people who run around opening chests. There is also a low chance for everyone to be on a different class. With these two factors I can understand why It would be hard to find this secret.

I will test out my theory when I get the chance.

The "or 4 steps" part seems to hint that it doesn't require 4 players, but rather it takes 4 steps to complete.  Whether all 4 are done at once with 4 players or not seems to not be a requirement.

I don't really have a clue how to unlock the secret, but the hint "It takes 4 players or 4 steps" tells me that if you play solo, you need 4 steps, or perhaps 4 waves, while if u play with 4 players, one can find the secret immediately. 

So the question is, what can one do instantly with four players, which cannot be accomplished instantly by a solo player?

That would exclude fiddling with chests (Since its a maximum of 2), unless more chests spawns with more players, which it does not in my experience.

I love this thread.
Of all threads, I love this one. 
Four curious people, the secret will still be available after the event.