Sign in to follow this  
kZounds000

Spooky Secret!

Hi! I watched the Dev Stream 43 and Daniel said that the biggest secret of the spooky maps hadn't been found. 

It needs 4 steps, or 4 people. Anyone know what it is? 

I've tried looting chests with the four different hero types and that hasn't worked out. 

Help me solve the mystery!!

Cheers

@munchiesdope quote:

easy the four spooky hero and the weapon they drop :) they spawn when you get kill by the special chest on event map

They mentioned that the biggest secret was still yet to be found, all the stuff you mentioned has been found already </3

munchiesdope

What was said was the biggest secret has not been found yet.

Most people know (and have) the weapon drops but apparently there is something else

Now to add what I have tested to the pile

Open all the trick or treat chests in the map.

Spawn each of the skeletal heroes in 1 map

Kill each of the skeletal heroes with hero damage from the hero that spawned them.

(both these were done togeather)

@Breet quote:

munchiesdope

Most people know (and have) the weapon drops but apparently there is something else

Kill each of the skeletal heroes with hero damage from the hero that spawned them.

oh yeah sry...

And do you know that you can open more than one trick or treat chest in one wave?

I open 5 chest in one wave with my wall builder i had..... before something ***up him... in the mode before etheria chainsaw massacre.

@primoz1234 quote:

does end chest supost to drop event item?? cous i got it 

It can drop one not gaurenteed.

@Breet quote:

munchiesdope

Good testing.

@munchiesdope quote:
oh yeah sry...

And do you know that you can open more than one trick or treat chest in one wave?

I open 5 chest in one wave with my wall builder i had..... before something ***up him... in the mode before etheria chainsaw massacre.

Well I had never seen more than two chests. It is good to know that it is possible.

So here are some things I want to test. 4 different hero types opening chests on one map; Probably the last wave.

Other things to consider is there are 3 bells to ring and 4 spiders to fall on The Temple of the Necrotic.

The bells don't make different noises so I don't think they have an order to hit. I've tried pressing the spiders in a different order but haven't gone through it methodically yet.

Maybe a spider?

The Dead Road map only has 3 traps unless I'm missing something activatable that shows up in a wave or something.

Otherwise it is a chest opening puzzle and supposedly can be done by one person.

To pitch in my fair share of interest, yesterday after the stream I've went ahead and played both maps with all four heroes in my deck on 100 ipwr in private/solo , and attempted to get tricks with all four heroes during the map's 7 waves.

Note: towers killed the heroes, not my own hero, and this entire test showed no result at all on either of the maps.

Another note: no subcores were destroyed in this experiment.

I believe someone during the stream / tavern after it mentioned that when you get a trick / die a gravestone lights up? I have no idea what gravestones are talked about here but might be related, assuming this is legit information? =o

So I tried all the webs in different orders. Still no dice.

Looked for graves lighting up on The Temple couldn't see anything.

3 days left I am guessing I'm not going to find it. Oh well wasted effort for developement I guess?

Hope someone finds it.

I think Trendy might be Secretly be leading us on a wild goose chase. >_>

No I don't think they would do that. I just keep thinking back the DD1 and the turtle puzzle which was much clearer. At least you had things in the level that were marked as interactive. 

Temple map

Don't let any marks spawn (stop them while rune on ground before they turned to poison)

Open all chests (and sacrifice on all heroes) with the holy buff active from shrine.

Nothing =[

I've been looking around for a couple hours and can't find anything, was wondering if it had anything to do with the 4 wooden coffins on the temple map but I have no idea what to do with them :/

On the first spooky map:

If you let a subcore fall the pillars next the the new lane entrance will get a glow in their eyes.

Same if you die to a trick-chest on one of the different heroes showed in the skeleton-skin preview. At the same spot the heroes were lined up, the skulls on the floor will start glowing when a hero is killed from the trick-chests. Not sure if they have to die in a specific order.

As for the clue, "4 step back 4 step forward" it could be something linked to the number 4 ability. The heal. It could also just be one of each of the heroes dieing and returning to live.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I have occasionally noticed a red sparkle effect on the ground in the spooky maps that goes away when stepped on. It doesn't seem to do anything, but I only play in a group of 2. 

@vboo quote:

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I have occasionally noticed a red sparkle effect on the ground in the spooky maps that goes away when stepped on. It doesn't seem to do anything, but I only play in a group of 2. 

Have you tried not stepping on the sparkle to see if it sticks around?

On the first spooky map, I let both subcores fall, and the pillars on each side of the new lanes had glowing purple eyes. After that, I tried dying to opening a chest, and equipping a halloween weapon and halloween costume and dying to opening a chest, but I didn't find any special effect or secret.

@Angelatic-Birdy quote:

Maybe all the subcores on the map have to be destroyed?

Anyone tried that?

@gotrunks712 quote:

Anyone have any updates on this?

Nothing on my end, tried too many things to even care at this point - no matter what mix of opening chests / killing tricks on different heroes / letting subcores fall / using traps / luring bosses with a taunt / walking 4 steps forward and 4 steps back anywhere on either map seemed to do anything visual at all.

@MoneyLover quote:

Have you guys tried to
- bring all 4 classes into the game with each carry the event weapon?
- slain the boss with the "condition above"?

I believe trendy mentioend in a dev stream that it can be done solo  - so bringing all of the four at once wouldn't be a requirement - I did not do it however, so if anyone can, give it a shot? =o