Sign in to follow this  
ddace

Community Map Vote #1

Wow awesome.  You guys are doing a great job breathing some life back into DD1!!  Kudos to the CDT, and a thanks to TE for letting it happen.

It would be awesome to all of those maps in time.  With all the pub surfing I do, one of the biggest gripes I hear is the larger maps, multiple crystal maps are too difficult to solo, for people that like to solo or don't have friends that play DD.

Maybe we can get an easier to solo map for those people in the future also?

As for me, hmmmm

I found Moria fun, but don't think I ever played the others, might have to check them out this week and get back.

Edit - just reviewing them and I have a few questions.

1. maps with rewards - will the rewards be staying when brought into ranked

2. how will the rewards compare with obsidian weps, etc.??

Thanks

I would like to see.

1. Emerald City

2. striking tree 

note that i pretty much only play ranked so some of these i have not tried these are the ones that i liked out of the ones that i have tried. striking tree mainly because f the art style and appearance.

@anotherengineer quote:

Edit - just reviewing them and I have a few questions.

1. maps with rewards - will the rewards be staying when brought into ranked

2. how will the rewards compare with obsidian weps, etc.??

Thanks

Rewards will definitely have to be tweaked.  Some maps do not have rewards while others are pretty OP.  

Typically we try to balance rewards based on the difficulty of the map and current rewards at such difficulty.  Then also there is community feedback.  Since this is community driven we take your input on reward balance and other content as well.

Letting this run until Sunday.  If you have not voted or know of others that have not, please encourage them to do so.  

Poly & Endless Boss Rush

Also, if you're standing behind the Forge on KG, and from that viewpoint flip the map over, putting the crystals on their exact spot from where they're at, that would be a cool map.  Call it Queen's Game.

@Akasame quote:

Sadistic Old One

Temple of Polybius

I'm pretty sure there is no Sadistic Old One in the Temple of Polybius, it's in the Tavern Incursion.

@Mashka quote:

I'm pretty sure there is no Sadistic Old One in the Temple of Polybius, it's in the Tavern Incursion.

wut

My favorite is the Temple of Polybius though there are a lot of good maps on Open.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of rewards it'll give since it doesnt give any :)

My Votes:

1. Tomb of Etheria
  2. Mines of Moria Savage
  3. Port Etheria

I voted for Tomb of Etheria since it has a refreshing environment, plus support for 6 players! I love 6 player maps since I can help more noobs at once. The more the merrier I say!

I voted for Mines of Moria Savage because of its awesome graphical assets, hidden features, and high difficulty. This should pose and fun and interesting challenge to experienced players and new guys alike.

I voted for Port etheria since we don't have any other "Port"-esque maps in the game. I think that this would be a welcome addition to the map pool. Back when this was an event map, this wasn't too difficult, but it was beautiful and fun to play.

I really like spook 1 and 2, as they were the most memorable from my first plays and 2nd plays.... but spook 3 wont download for me so....

vote goes to the next coolest map. (how will the hookshot mechanic work in? can the hunter get a hookshot wep pulling in creatures not including ogres?)
temple 8P