I was wondering what stats are important for a tower monk. I was thinking defense power, speed, or hp and thought power is probably unnecessary as Sky Towers and Electric Aura's are already really strong with some attack speed and a buff aura. Then I thought that leaves HP and Speed. I have been going for speed mostly ATM but wondering what some of the long term console players think.

I'd assume mostly attack rate as the thing you upgrade the most, and then tower hp as the secondary stat so you do not have to repair as much. Get most of the DPS from Buff Aura.

@-RB- OMFGNinja quote:

I was wondering what stats are important for a tower monk. I was thinking defense power, speed, or hp and thought power is probably unnecessary as Sky Towers and Electric Aura's are already really strong with some attack speed and a buff aura. Then I thought that leaves HP and Speed. I have been going for speed mostly ATM but wondering what some of the long term console players think.

Boost aura's damage increase is a percentage based on the attack damage of the tower. Defense power should be the highest stat and defense speed a close second. Most ignore the defense health because they feel the need to brag about their dps to satisfy their e-***. There is limited amount of green mana, so having a bit of defense health helps more in the long run. Repair cost and specially loosing a level 5 aura is a permanent dps lost. There is also the factor of mob hp, so if a mob has 10k health any damage over 10k is lost dps or if you have 9k damage 8k damage is lost to kill the mob. For my tower build monk, I feel having 1100+ defense power, 1000+ defense speed and 500+ defense health to be perfect. I can afk on each wave and not worry about my auras expiring, no need to help dps and no need to repair during combat and made my farming life a lot easier as I can do other things during combat phase.

@Smoke-Town quote:

My Monk:

Tower health: 316

Tower power: 1,266

Tower speed: 1,152

Never seen a better monk then mine

it is mwehh.. but was also important is your gear. (for example; boost aura extra damage, increase range(or damage) lightning aura and more. But those stats are pretty solid

Well the gear gives you your stats so for sure that's important..likewise with spheres. Took me a long time to find a good legendary boost medallion and it's not really needed with the cap on difficulty we currently have imo. 

As far as saying dps is just for bragging... i would say no...dps is for winning. Lol.  Seem more like a hater statement then a statement worth listening to . We don't have a survival mode so I don't see the need for excessive health... not in my builds. My auras never go down more then about 76% and I rarely repair them. So why would I want to waste so many points on health? I guess you would need the health if your towers have bad dps though or if you are only using lightning auras for some reason... the real bread and butter is the monk sky guard towers which need basically only 1 health if you don't put them in stupid places. Truth right here.

@Smoke-Town quote:

Well the gear gives you your stats so for sure that's important..likewise with spheres. Took me a long time to find a good legendary boost medallion and it's not really needed with the cap on difficulty we currently have imo. 

As far as saying dps is just for bragging... i would say no...dps is for winning. Lol.  Seem more like a hater statement then a statement worth listening to . We don't have a survival mode so I don't see the need for excessive health... not in my builds. My auras never go down more then about 76% and I rarely repair them. So why would I want to waste so many points on health? I guess you would need the health if your towers have bad dps though or if you are only using lightning auras for some reason... the real bread and butter is the monk sky guard towers which need basically only 1 health if you don't put them in stupid places. Truth right here.

I want to see you afk with just 300 defense health points without your LSA ubber expiring in a single wave. Been there done that and you said it yourself there is no need to get max dps to win hard incursion as anyone can clear it with just 800 points in defense power and speed. I prefer convenience over max dps when you get the same results in the end. People who need to brag about their e-*** usually needs to make up for something in real life. OP asked for build suggestions and not who has the highest monk dps stat-wise. True dps involves more factors than just what you see in paper.

My monk atm mostly plays the role of Support. And by that I mean he puts Skyguard Towers to deal with air lanes, he puts down boost auras to increase blockades' health pools while also boosting the damage of my traps, and with the Purge Evil Staff I also place some serenity auras to help with extra damage on difficult lanes.

So, the stats are pretty simple. On gear I take Def Power as much as possible, while keeping the passive on my Helm slot that increases Auras Radius, WHILE also keeping a medalion with extra boost effect. After that I enjoy taking Def Health because early on birdies can reach my Skyguard Towers, before they are upgraded.

In terms of those points that we gain by lvling up, I put them on Def Power, Def Range, Def Speed and the remaining in Def Health.

I can afk every map. Assuming I'm allowed to upgrade in between rounds. My uber LSA never gets used up because it's placed behind the defense setups... not one single monster will touch the LSA except ogres because nothing at all can get past my standard lightning aura/water trap/ skyguard defense. So when and ogre comes through he usually wastes it down to about 90-94% because it's been upgraded for the ogre rounds... yes if the LSA was left stock it would drain out  and the ogre could win...but that would never happen because I'm not dumb enough to expect a tier 1 aura to kill an ogre by itself.

And yes if your tier 1 skyguard has all its points into health and speed.. then yes wyvern can reach them... but if your tier 1 skyguard is doing crazy damage... you can put the controller down. 

Your uber LSA is not for waves. It's for bosses. High damage and single target with lower attack speed and fast drain... why would you ever use it for normal waves?  Try placing it in the back if common sense didn't tell you that already. 

No need for the hostility and trying fight and to sell people that dps is compensation for bragging or whatever.  It's called being smart... work smarter not harder. The OP wanted good advice... trust me.. that's exactly what I'm giving him.