Sign in to follow this  
Elandrian

Challenge Accepted: Bearicades for Brad

Brad Logston initiated the challenge on this week's devstream to make 100 unique posts about the Bearicade.  I'm not sure if this means separate threads or just posts in general, but I will start us off here.

We want a Bearicade.

There are possible options to achieve said Bearicade in-game.

It could be a tower skin for the Squire's barricade wall.

It could be a skin for the Huntress's PDT walls.  (Maybe a bear that throws rotten food at mobs, "poisoning" them?)

It COULD be part of a separate hero.

My idea for the hero would be a combination of some popular DD2 Twitch chat conversations.

The Bearded Bardbearian.  Bearrow towers, Bearicades, Bear-slapping traps, Beard launchers that slow. 

The options here are limitless.

Ultimately, we want a Bearicade.  Make it happen, Cap'n.

The Bearcade could even be something as simple as a barricade skinned with a bear on it that claws enemies back whenever they hit it, similar to how the spike blockade deals damage to enemies on hit. Would be pretty funny to see, even if just for an event or something.

just make it an uber sphere that changes squire barricades into literal summoned bears.  same high HP as a barricade

i would give them flaming paws and make them do magic damage

i'm here because my bearkira told me to do - give bearicade plx :D

The obviously brilliant idea to have a "bearicade" in Dungeon Defenders 2 is simply appauling. So I ask the community, are we really going to stoop to Brad's level? Sure, they will be able to stop enemies, and they are part bear, but saying this isn't animal cruelty is an outright fabrication. Enough of this. Nobody is thinking about the innocent animals. 

The bearicade could slash targets and inflict open wounds on enemies, which cause them to receive amplified damage for a short duration. +1 bearicades!

The devs oughtta know better than to issue challenges like that...:D

+1 for bearicades!

Was it really bearicade? I was so sure it was beardicade as half the dev stream was beard this, beard that

On second thought, lets have both!

I want to see a bearicade that just evil glares the enemies before punching them, as a skin for the spiked blockades.  i also want to see a skin for the arcane barricades that makes it a full beard, and when it shatters, a razor passes over it, then it comes back, as arcane barricades.  it would be something im willing to pay for.  

GIMME, GIMME, GIMME

@bigwillmcd quote:

I want to see a bearicade that just evil glares the enemies before punching them, as a skin for the spiked blockades.  i also want to see a skin for the arcane barricades that makes it a full beard, and when it shatters, a razor passes over it, then it comes back, as arcane barricades.  it would be something im willing to pay for.  

GIMME, GIMME, GIMME

I want to see that arcane barrier as well, now that you brought it to my attention. :)

shoot just to further feel out the support for this idea Brad should slip one of the animators a 20$ and have them make a "bear"icade in the back ground of one of the maps or tavern. Then watch the flood of attention that would get.