Sign in to follow this  
Wicked001

Your announcement ate my daily quest...

So I have been busy grinding my daily quest for wyvern tokens.  I picked the very hardest one so I could get the 5-10 wyvern token reward...  I have 1 wave and 1 incursion left to earn my tokens and I receive the maintenance message...  I received no xp for the completion of the map and now my daily quest log is empty...  The quest is gone along with my rewards and the last 2 hours of my life.

In before "submit a bug report."  The bug report feature clearly states that if you cannot reproduce the bug then they will ignore it.

In before "it says alpha."  I understand the game is in alpha but I am still not pleased.  Troubled enough by the surprise of maintenance during my few precious hours of game time and, now what little of it I already spent... I have lost.

In before "have you tried logging out and back in yet."  Yes, I have.

Feel free to help me troubleshoot, compensate me, or just post a story of your recent struggle with the state of the game (negative feedback not welcome here, your demeaning will fall on deaf ears... or whatever).

the disappearing daily quests seems to be just a visual bug, complete ur last incursion run after the maintenance, and u shall see the daily quest completed pop up.

I too find the maintenance pop up annoying, I didn't have same issue as you with daily but I hate that you can't do anything in game and it seems like the game just keeps going in the faded background, I tried many of the usual keys to skip, like Escape but I couldn't seem to get rid of it before it's allocated time =(

There are still a few lingering issues with Daily and Monthly quests. We squashed one of the bugs in this patch which may actually directly relate to what you saw. We know of at least one more issue that may be causing players to not RECEIVE a Daily quest. We've been chasing these bugs for a while now and finally making some progress. Would love to know if you see issues with having your quest wiped after the patch today. :)

So...  Two things:

First, I want to thank you (TrendyBrad) for responding so quickly and with useful information.  I will definitely provide feedback if I see issues with the daily quests after the patch!

Secondly, Ic@ntAim was correct.  The quest was invisible and after completing the last requirement it rewarded me (minimum but hey).  Thanks for your reply!  I was unaware of this bug but you really helped me out.

@TrendyBrad quote:

There are still a few lingering issues with Daily and Monthly quests. We squashed one of the bugs in this patch which may actually directly relate to what you saw. We know of at least one more issue that may be causing players to not RECEIVE a Daily quest. We've been chasing these bugs for a while now and finally making some progress. Would love to know if you see issues with having your quest wiped after the patch today. :)

I tried making my daily "win 3 incursion maps" on endgame but it didn't count - is that intended behavior?

@TrendyBrad quote:

Oh please fix it. I am currently having this "Not receive a daily quest" bug, it worked fine before till the 27 patch. Then all my daily vanished and i don't get new one. This ain't a big problem cause i am used to not getting any (had this bug after the reset for month... ...), but with the next monthly pet challenges, you NEED the daily quest to do it. It would just sux to not beeing able to do the monthly pet because of this bug =(.

I still don't see my quest from last night.  Hopefully it shows when I get back from work.  I get the feeling I have other quests too, but I can't tell if I finished them already because I couldn't see them anymore after barely starting them.