Sign in to follow this  
Underlander

farewell to my forum friends

Due to the new approach concerning forum rules/moderation, I won't be posting here anymore. I might consider posting my guides/feedback on Steam forums or maybe reddit.

Sorry for that, folks. I am not the one making rules and we are all supposed to follow them. Since I disagree with this new approach, there is no reason for me to keep writing here.

[[4370,users]] - if you are still interested, I will e-mail you my feedback concerning new patches/hotfixes every once in a while.

Was fun being here. I wish you all a Spooky Halloween ;)

@Underlander quote:

Due to the new approach concerning forum rules/moderation, I won't be posting here anymore. I might consider posting my guides/feedback on Steam forums or maybe reddit.

Sorry for that, folks. I am not the one making rules and we are all supposed to follow them. Since I disagree with this new approach, there is no reason for me to keep writing here.

iamisom - if you are still interested, I will e-mail you my feedback concerning new patches/hotfixes every once in a while.

Was fun being here. I wish you all a Spooky Halloween ;)

Sad to see you another defense council member to go. Will keep an eye out on any future guides. I always enjoy seeing how other people play.

I can see why you are leaving, don't blame you tbh.

Hi all!

I am not exactly sure what the OP is referencing, but I figured I would link the Forum Rules for everyone in case they are not aware of something that might be against the forum rules.

[[64169,users]]: 

I hope you do reconsider and stay posting on the forums.

We appreciate the time and effort you put into playing and posting about DD2 :)

After reading the rules about how bumping a post can get you in trouble, I am a bit upset, I make posts that I hope many people see, and they are not controversial so no one will comment (but they are still liked as I see many favorite my posts). 

This no bump is kind of wrong. I may switch to reddit where upvoting gets you to the front page as opposed to this system, which is encouraging people to create controversy in order to stay on the front page. 

While I'm not sure of the situation of things in the DD2 forums, part of the new anti-bumping policy is probably stemming from people in the DD1 forums necroing 4 year old threads in the general discussion. It's been happening a lot recently, and its very annoying.

I don't really see the issue with the rules. They're standard guidelines across most major forum boards except 4chan and Reddit. 

No personal info, hacking, harassment, racism, extremely violent/sexist, circumventing bans, account trading, real life threats, spamming, impersonating Trendy, obscene posts, no cheating, no illegal drug talk, or advertising seems pretty reasonable. Only rules that don't make apparent sense is the necroing of threads, but that's just cause you DD2 people aren't lucky enough to not have people bumping 4 year old posts ;)

As long as Trendy isn't censoring people for their opinion, their moderation seems pretty fair. 

@curtisgk quote:

I don't really see the issue with the rules. They're standard guidelines across most major forum boards except 4chan and Reddit. 

No personal info, hacking, harassment, racism, extremely violent/sexist, circumventing bans, account trading, real life threats, spamming, impersonating Trendy, obscene posts, no cheating, no illegal drug talk, or advertising seems pretty reasonable. Only rules that don't make apparent sense is the necroing of threads, but that's just cause you DD2 people aren't lucky enough to not have people bumping 4 year old posts ;)

As long as Trendy isn't censoring people for their opinion, their moderation seems pretty fair. 

I agree, most of them are "standard"

The only issue I have is this rule:

Numbering a thread, IBTL, TLDR, or any other fad statements

Consequence:

Be given (1) infraction or more, depending on the severity of the situation

TLDR is fine when used properly. It is certainly not just a "fad statement." People provide TLDR s in their posts for convenience. I can see how TLDR might be used in a derogatory way such as:

"TLDR: Op is a noobscrub and asked a dumb question"

However, such a post should fall under insults/attacking another player's character not "Spamming or Trolling."

IMO this rule somewhat ambiguous. I do not think they intended for it to mean, "Don't use TLDR at all" but that is how it comes off.

Additionally, this rule:

Don’t bump posts. Bumping a post is when you make a reply in a thread simply to bring it to the top of the thread list. Also, don’t “necro bump,” which is bumping an incredibly old post. 

Seems to target those people who are bumping their posts because they want people to see their achievement or reply to a thread they made four years ago. However, how bumps are typically used (For auctions & recent threads where no additional content needs to be added but simply fell behind due to heavy forums use) is not addressed. Instead, they simply state, "Don't bump posts..." (Presumably because inexperienced users oftentimes use bumping in the wrong manner and they do not want to encourage it by providing exceptions/cases where it could be okay).

I do not know if the borderline cases I listed above are currently addressed with infractions, however it should be made clear somewhere whether or not bumps are acceptable in any circumstance- Very clear. 

I will not call out names, but I have seen bumps by several players on the DD1 forums recently and no action was taken. If there are any instances where bumps do not merit an infraction, they need to be well defined.

IMO this rule needs more clarity; Bumps are a good tool for forums when used as intended (Or at least add a button that allows us to increase our thread's priority!)

And that's all I have to say about that.

@chaosparadox quote:

After reading the rules about how bumping a post can get you in trouble, I am a bit upset, I make posts that I hope many people see, and they are not controversial so no one will comment (but they are still liked as I see many favorite my posts). 

This no bump is kind of wrong. I may switch to reddit where upvoting gets you to the front page as opposed to this system, which is encouraging people to create controversy in order to stay on the front page. 

The "No Bump" rule has been a part of our forums for years. We tend to moderate it very lightly, though. We usually only reach out to people who continually bump a thread that others are actively ignoring -- threads where you go in and see something like this:

Iamisom:  Bump
Iamisom:  Daily bump!

[[64169,users]], I'd love to hear more about what's caused you to be upset lately. Please reach out to me. :)

For clarification's sake (chesticles iamisom gotrunks712) what is upsetting me latelly is the new moderation approach. I've seen threads closed (threads I didn't even participate, I must say), I had posts deleted yesterday by @RaNgErZ-BERT and now a thread moved (this one). Since this is now under defender's lounge I think I can bring this up here. If I can't, just delete the post.

I understand that we have tons of new players and maybe this is important to keep the forums under control. As said before, I am not the one making rules and they are there for a reason. My deleted posts did break the rules and they weren't my first posts to do it. Actually I had worse posts before that weren't deleted.

The thing is, since the moderation standards have changed, I just don't feel like posting here anymore. There are other places where I can interact with game community, like aforemetioned reddit and Steam, where my eventual rants and provocations (sometimes it is fun to call people fish-eyed dumbo) won't be deleted.

I think I have been constructive/helpful most of the time and I am aware that this doesn't give me the right of breaking the rules and I must respect that, but I reserve myself the right of disagreeing and moving somewhere else.

Don't take me wrong: I am not a spoiled kid who can't deal with reprimands. I just don't feel like spending my free time in a place where I am not having fun. When I read stuff like "This is only a warning but any further violations will result in a temp ban. Please read over the forum rules before posting again.", it is time for me to go.

Anyway, I will be around, just not in official forums.

@iamisom quote:

Iamisom:  Daily bump!

*looks at his threads to buy rare items*

*notices there are 20 posts of curtisgk: bump over a month or so*

Uhh I definitely never break this rule >_>

So to be clear does this mean I'm not allowed to tel curtisk that I Will kill him for posting Justin beiber YouTube links? Cus I kinda feel like that is a perfectly fine thing to do

Tldr: I <3 you curt 

Also that whole waking up in bathtubs things... Totally not personal information... All made up...