Sign in to follow this  
mindlessdefender

Does DP have any effect on Frost Bite towers?

Does DP increase the slow in any way?

I want to know for my frost build. As I find good Frost items but with no DP so was woundering if I even need DP if I just building frost towers only?

You'll want DP for a frost build because Frosty Power passive boosts other towers by a percentage of your DP. It doesn't directly affect the Frost Tower's ability to do anything else.

With that said, I would still focus more on increasing Frosty Power % and worry about DP later, unless you're losing like 200 DP to go up 1% Frosty Power. A little bit of math would help determine whether an item is worth upgrading to or not.

DP boost = DP( of the App who build the frost bite tower ) x boost percentage

Just get gears with %frost DP boost + DP for your app.

In detail, iPWR 700 gears like:

Weapon: +DP +Snowstorm(chill slow)(~20%) +Frost Fire(defence speed boost)(~100)

Helmet:   +DP +Frosty Power(defence power boost)(~10%)

Armor:    +DP +Frosty Power(defence power boost)(~10%)

Gloves:    +DP +Frosty Power(defence power boost)(~10%) +Service Call(fast repair)(~35%)

Boots:     +DP +Frosty Power(defence power boost)(~10%)

Relic:        +DP +Frosty Power(defence power boost)(~10%) +Snowstorm(chill slow)(~20%)

Pet:          +DP

with full upgrades will make your assistant app graduate from DD2 for now.

Totally 50% defence power boost, 40% chill slow, 100 defence speed boost, 35% fast repair.

If all gears are +DP +DCrit, then your tower app will graduate the same time.

If all gears are +DP +DH, then your barrier app will graduate the same time.

@[CN] Minstuk quote:

Weapon: +DP +chill slow(~20%) +defence speed boost(~100)

Helmet:   +DP +defence power boost(~10%)

Armor:    +DP +defence power boost(~10%)

Gloves:    +DP +defence power boost(~10%) +Service Call(fast repair)(~35%)

Boots:     +DP +defence power boost(~10%)

Relic:        +DP +defence power boost(~10%) +chill slow(~20%)

will make a full geared app.

so you dont run snowstorm or frost fire?

Chill slow = snowstorm

Defense speed boost = Frost Fire

@DskDemonic quote:

@[CN] Minstuk quote:

@DskDemonic quote:

@[CN] Minstuk quote:

chill slow is the Snowstorm, defence speed boost is the Frost Fire, I  should edit....

Wait isn't it passive said % from defense power? (It's change from your hero DP to tower DP compared with wiki and in game) And when I tested it with elemental trap at level 1 it increase dmg about 1.7k (My app got just 2.3k DP)
So I don't think DP affect this frosty dmg only thing that matter = % frosty power / frosty fire that will boost your trap or anything in ice cloud.

Also at level 3 my elemental trap got about 3.5k boost so I don't think it calculated from hero DP.

I think you're getting DP (Defense Power) confused with HD (Hero Damage). Everything that's been said so far has been in reference to DP. Hero Damage has no affect on frost towers, correct.

@nNightElf quote:

Wait isn't it passive said % from defense power? (It's change from your hero DP to tower DP compared with wiki and in game) And when I tested it with elemental trap at level 1 it increase dmg about 1.7k (My app got just 2.3k DP)
So I don't think DP affect this frosty dmg only thing that matter = % frosty power / frosty fire. 

Also at level 3 my elemental trap got about 3.5k boost so I don't think it calculated from hero DP.

Hmm I didn't say anything about Hero damage. I tested this by press E when there is ice cloud around trap. It increase more than 50% of my Defense power. (My app have  2.3k DP stat but it boost dmg trap for 3.7k? well I don't think it scale with hero's defense power anymore) I think this frost build only need high % Frosty power. Defense power is meaningless while using frosty power ,frost fire + trap.

PS. I don't know why you think that I was talking about HD, because when fighting I can't see my own stat for sure so this should be about tower damage. Well my point is that this frosty power doesn't scale from hero's Defense Power but it scale from tower defense power instead. (Tower damage not hero stat for example elemental trap dmg 3.3k after got boost by frosty power it changed to 5k and at level 3 dmg about 11k it went up to 14k when got boosted)

@xCrispy quote:

I think you're getting DP (Defense Power) confused with HD (Hero Damage). Everything that's been said so far has been in reference to DP. Hero Damage has no affect on frost towers, correct.

@nNightElf quote:

So I don't think DP affect this frosty dmg only thing that matter = % frosty power / frosty fire. 

I see. I was thinking "hero DP" referred to hero damage, and "tower DP" meant normal defense power. What you're actually saying (if I understand you correctly this time) is that Frosty Power % is based on the Defense Power of the hero who placed the tower that's being buffed. Do I understand you correctly?

Remember too though that it's adding X% Defense Power to the trap, which doesn't necessarily mean exactly X% increase in trap dmg.

For example, if your huntress has 1k DP and your apprentice has 2k DP, then 50% Frosty Power is going to add 1k DP to the trap's DP, giving it 2k DP, which means that in this particular case, your 50% Frosty Power actually translates into 100% DP increase on the trap. Does that make sense?

@nNightElf quote:

Hmm I didn't say anything about Hero damage. I tested this by press E when there is ice cloud around trap. It increase more than 50% of my Defense power. (My app have  2.3k DP stat but it boost dmg trap for 3.7k? well I don't think it scale with hero's defense power anymore) I think this frost build only need high % Frosty power. Defense power is meaningless while using frosty power ,frost fire + trap.

PS. I don't know why you think that I was talking about HD, because when fighting I can't see my own stat for sure so this should be about tower damage. Well my point is that this frosty power doesn't scale from hero's Defense Power but it scale from tower defense power instead. (Tower damage not hero stat for example elemental trap dmg 3.3k after got boost by frosty power it changed to 5k and at level 3 dmg about 11k it went up to 14k when got boosted)

@xCrispy quote:

@nNightElf quote:

Long story short

Stack as much % as possible, with alot of defense speed, slowing % and as primary stat Defense Power

Frosty Power is calculated out of the mages DP and multiplied with the Frosty Power % and is added to the Affected area / traps / aura's / towers

And yes multiple towers do stack

Congratulations you are now a freeze mage main