Sign in to follow this  
[CN] Minstuk

[EGI NM4] I'm here to taunt the developers (not really lol

Hey dear developers, tell us about why only mobs in the Gates of Dragonfall on End Game Incursion NM4 have 1.3m hp? Still thinking it's not difficult enough?

Glad to see you buffed them but we still feel unsatisfied since it's still not too hard to pass. Please keep buffing the mobs!!!

EGI NM4, the Gates of Dragonfall Walkthrough by friend and me:

走上了一条打官方脸的不归路。

Oh, btw, if any developer comes by, I just want to say, make some challenging maps like the current one with OP mobs if you decide to restore this map.

We feel sick seeing unskilled players being capable to do the same thing, have the same epic gears as pro players do.

A suggestion if I were to say is, making some maps with no slot for the leechers and unskilled, requiring all group members to fight hard to win.

@[CN] Minstuk quote:

Oh, btw, if any developer comes by, I just want to say, make some challenging maps like the current one with OP mobs if you decide to restore this map.

We feel sick seeing unskilled players being capable to do the same thing, have the same epic gears as pro players do.

A suggestion if I were to say is, making some maps with no slot for the leechers and unskilled, requiring all group members to fight hard to win.

I would love some more challenging maps too but not just scaling health or the amount of mobs per lane. Bring in some unique mechanics!

If an unskilled player is capable of doing the same thing and have the same epic gear as a pro player then they are by definition a pro player no? Your paragraph here contradicts itself.

No slots for leechers and unskilled players can already by obtained by playing a private map and inviting your team to your game. Remember a player slot is just a player slot. It does not discriminate. That is up to the host.

@Argick quote:

@[CN] Minstuk quote:

I would love some more challenging maps too but not just scaling health or the amount of mobs per lane. Bring in some unique mechanics!

If an unskilled player is capable of doing the same thing and have the same epic gear as a pro player then they are by definition a pro player no? Your paragraph here contradicts itself.

No slots for leechers and unskilled players can already by obtained by playing a private map and inviting your team to your game. Remember a player slot is just a player slot. It does not discriminate. That is up to the host.

I think I didn't explain myself clear..

I meant that I want maps that even unskilled players leeched those epic gears, they can't pass the maps they got their gears from. Scaling the mob health is one of the approaches, not a good one though.

This buggy EGI EM4 has already shown a potentiality making players consider and fight hard, filtering out those leechers and those who only repair blockades or just keep the mouse left button pressed. And I feel bad if they restore it to the easy map it used to be.

Showing off after passing some impossible challenges makes people feel great. And making people envy also has a great power in attracting people taking these challenges. I mean, instead of an everyone-can-do-it game, it might be a better way for Trendy to make money from a game which can keep people who think and fight hard and let them buy buy buy, not keep lazy leechers and pros all and lose them after they all lose interest in the game. Besides, drawing hostility(?) from public tarven is a better motivation for people to stay and fight, not in a private tarven, though we can make private matches.

Anyway, what I said might be radical and unreasonable. But Trendy really needs to face the balancing issue seriously. I think Trendy developers have learned that from the version before the Big Wipe-Out, since it was an everyone-can-do-it game, haven't they? That was quite a loss.

@[CN] Minstuk quote:

I think I didn't explain myself clear..

I meant that I want maps that even unskilled players leeched those epic gears, they can't pass the maps they got their gears from. Scaling the mob health is one of the approaches, not a good one though.

This buggy EGI EM4 has already shown a potentiality making players consider and fight hard, filtering out those leechers and those who only repair blockades or just keep the mouse left button pressed. And I feel bad if they restore it to the easy map it used to be.

Showing off after passing some impossible challenges makes people feel great. And making people envy also has a great power in attracting people taking these challenges. I mean, instead of an everyone-can-do-it game, it might be a better way for Trendy to make money from a game which can keep people who think and fight hard and let them buy buy buy, not keep lazy leechers and pros all and lose them after they all lose interest in the game. Besides, drawing hostility(?) from public tarven is a better motivation for people to stay and fight, not in a private tarven, though we can make private matches.

Anyway, what I said might be radical and unreasonable. But Trendy really needs to face the balancing issue seriously. I think Trendy developers have learned that from the version before the Big Wipe-Out, since it was an everyone-can-do-it game, haven't they? That was quite a loss.

I think I understand what you are saying. You want harder maps that are more of a challenge but at the same time you want the maps to only be finished by a coordinated team and not just people who sit and AFK.

There are two point that I can see with this.

Creating harder maps and challenges - Should be easy enough, let's all think of different mechanics that we think could fit in the world of DD2 and give them to Trendy. Challenges are even better and hopefully will come with leader boards. 

Preventing players from leeching - This is the hard part. 

• We could go the DD1 route and have a game list that people can join. 
  • We can ask for the ability to inspect players and check to see they are in the appropriate gear.
  • Or we can think of something else entirely